arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Debian & Ubuntu] Full OpenGamePanel Guide [FOGPG]
Hello,
Quote:This thread contains permissions from @Dynamo to be posted!
And @Dynamo knows that's I was SuperMario from Subnetweb.com !

And this OpenGamePanel guide is made at Subnetweb ( here ) and I've got permissions to copy and paste it here! (because it's all by me!)

EDIT: Subnetweb guide isn't good. and a lot of grammar mistakes! so let's fix'em here.

EDIT: guide successfully finished! if you have any more problems or questions please leave an reply.

So we'll start our guide with our sections!

Section One: Installation of OpenGamePanel (OGP) Web Interface

The most important section. because we'll control the main panel from it's web interface...

1. Updating our installed packages in our operating system...
Quote:--- For Debian & Ubuntu ---

apt-get -y update
2. Downloading the required packages for OpenGamePanel
Quote:wget http://master.dl.sourceforge.net/project...noarch.deb
3. Extracting the downloaded packages with "dpkg" ...
Quote:sudo dpkg -i ogp_panel-3199-1.noarch.deb

sudo apt-get -f install
4. Well done! Let's restart the webserver for more better quality (I don't know why this is required.. but I get more relax when I do it)
Quote:--- For Nginx webserver ---
sudo service nginx restart

--- For Apache webserver ---
sudo service apache2 restart
6. So.. everything is done now. but while installing OGP we'll need an database so let's create one!

OpenGamePanel package which we've installed in "Step 3" already install PhpMyAdmin (PMA) and get it's permissions problems fixed..

So go to http://[Your server IP]/phpmyadmin , and login with username "root" and the root password of your server.

Now.. Click on Privilegies and create an user and a database, and give Privilegies on this database to the created user.

7. Installing OpenGamePanel

Simply go to http://[Your server IP]/ and follow the steps.
[TIP]: Complete the installation process by using the user and database created on PHPMyAdmin, the host for MySQL is "localhost".

8. Setting permissions of the web caching data and deleting the installer of OGP for more security.

Quote:sudo chmod 644 /var/www/includes/config.inc.php
sudo rm -f /var/www/install.php
sudo chown -Rf www-data:www-data /var/www

Section Two: Installation of OpenGamePanel (OGP) Agent

So after finishing the web interface installation we must install the agent too.
Agent: the server controller which will get the access of the whole server into our OGP web interface!

1. Let's start our second section by downloading the agent files? OK.. let's do that Smile
Quote:wget http://master.dl.sourceforge.net/project...noarch.deb

2. So as the "web interface installation" .. we'll extract the agent packages using "dpkg" too!
Quote:sudo dpkg -i ogp_agent-3199-1.noarch.deb
sudo apt-get -f install

3. Now "OGP agent" requires "Libio Compress" which is an "Perl Script" .. so let's install it simply by typing this command:
Quote:sudo apt-get -y install libio-compress-perl

NOTICE for Ubuntu / Debian 64bit users!!! You have to do this step...

4. Configuring an "simple 32bit emulator"
(REASON): OGP agent never can run on 64bit versions... but this is an solution to fix this .. and you'll be able to run OGP agent on 64bit versions.
Quote:sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
(NOT NEEDED if you've already updated it!) sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install lib32gcc1

5. So.. now simply let's start our newly installed "OGP Agent"
Quote:sudo service ogp_agent start

6. We've to do this step to let OGP agent have permissions to run on the operating system startup prefixes...
Quote:sudo update-rc.d ogp_agent defaults 30

7. Let's give permissions (as root) to the OGP agent services
Quote:sudo chown -Rf ogp_agent:ogp_agent /usr/share/ogp_agent

8. Now! Simply let's login to http://[Your server IP]/ and add our newly installed "OGP Agent" into the agents list.

Section Three: FTP errors's solutions

Cannot connect to (XX.XX.XX.XX) with username XXXXX.
this problem haven't got the easier solution for now! but I'll find the simplest solution and post it soon... !

Please check the details you entered is right
First create gameserver, and install it , then now click "FTP" at the page of the server you created. and click "Login" or "Connect" .

If not solved please do "Rsync Install" and try again.

Section Four: Game versions are very old

That's true! OpenGamePanel's rsync server never got updates to the gameservers.
Even the other rsync servers..

But... OpenGamePanel website already have an full guide to configure your own rsync server.
And in your new rsync server you can upload the latest game versions.

View OGP guide (to install rsync server)

EDIT: guide successfully finished! if you have any more problems or questions please leave an reply.

With best wishes and regards,

Mario Latif
CEO & Founder of AzureWeb
Nice tut..
but you lie bro.. you are CEO OF SNW.. And i think it's blocked here..
anyway Cent OS easy/better then this one Smile

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting