arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Dispensation For User Who Not Completed Their Posts Requirement
I disagree because if you see that we already don't have much active posters around, If we give them this opportunity people will stop posting and just leave it till next month and then we also do not have much new threads going around too so it will be a burden for the "user" and it will just result in termination of VPS regardless. It will add too much burden on admins too how they will have to keep track of every user, If there is yes some automation for admins then this could be possible but as @deanhills mentioned in his post that how hard it is for him to check each member post and all.
The 20 post rule makes people to complete their posting no matter what, thats why the forum gets a bit active at the end of the month if this is applied i'm sure the forum will be more dry as people will leave their posting.

@deanhills, I have a question if someone have a really legit reason for leave do they get leave in some condition or that has been completely off now? Since Dynamo has strictly imposed the 20 posts rule.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

(11-14-2020, 12:15 PM)sAmI Wrote: I disagree because if you see that we already don't have much active posters around, If we give them this opportunity people will stop posting and just leave it till next month and then we also do not have much new threads going around too so it will be a burden for the "user" and it will just result in termination of VPS regardless. It will add too much burden on admins too how they will have to keep track of every user, If there is yes some automation for admins then this could be possible but as @deanhills mentioned in his post that how hard it is for him to check each member post and all.
The 20 post rule makes people to complete their posting no matter what, thats why the forum gets a bit active at the end of the month if this is applied i'm sure the forum will be more dry as people will leave their posting.

@deanhills, I have a question if someone have a really legit reason for leave do they get leave in some condition or that has been completely off now? Since Dynamo has strictly imposed the 20 posts rule.
I prefer to say it is completely off the table @sAmI, but if someone (once in a very long while) comes with a very compelling reason, such as one of our members who is a teacher who during Covid in May when schools started to get heavily involved in teaching online was using the VPS for teaching children. He was unable to make posts due to a heavy commitment that was out of the ordinary for a good cause. And we trusted the member as we've known him for a long time.  Then something like that would be considered to be a genuine reason.  But every one writes exams and have to study.  So if they study and write exams and can't make the posts, then maybe they should not be maintaining a VPS.  You get to know the members after a while.  I'd say the majority of our members are trustworthy. But there are exceptions (who on a regular basis) would take chances if given the opportunity to take chances.  This proposal is just that kind of opportunity that they would max out past its limits.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I have to agree with @deanhills on this. It's middle of the month and we barely get more than 5 posts a day. Then suddenly by 25th everything start posting like crazy. This is not good for the forum and giving a chance to do posts in next month won't help it either. Some members won't bother at all to post since they can do it in next month. Why question is why people can't post in first half of the month and suddenly get all action in last week of the month? It happens on every month for many members not once in a while. We have 30 days for month and only need 20 posts. How hard that can be?

What we should focus on is how to get 20 posts done in 30 days. We have to look at if there are any valid reasons why people can't do it. If someone say lack of interesting topics then why not make topics about stuff you like?

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Thx for understanding @xdude.  You're right.  The focus should be on making the 20 posts during the period allocated for it.  30/31 days of the month in which use of the VPS is being enjoyed.

For now I think the suggestion has been thoroughly discussed.  Thank you for all of the contributions.  Although there is merit in the suggestion theoretically, in practice it will just make things a whole lot more complicated than it already is, and should not be.  I think for now members should focus on making their 20 posts right through the month, instead of the end of the month.  Maybe it would help to make a mind shift by thinking about the fact that post4vps.com is a very scarce service.  I'm unaware of other post4vps sites for now.  So we should be most grateful to Dynamo for not only having a service like this, but running it as professionally as he has been doing from its start.  20 posts aren't that many to make.  Why not be focused on making 30 posts instead of 20 posts, and maybe then psychologically you'll have completed 20 posts well before the end of the month because your mind is focused on many posts.  Instead of focusing on 20 and not past 20 and getting nervous towards the end of the month when only 5-15 posts have been made.

- closed -
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting