arrow_upward

Poll: Whether your network have ipv6 supoort?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes - native support by your ISP
60.00%
Yes - 6to4 or similar tunnel(You have public ipv4 address)
20.00%
No
20.00%
Total
5 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do your network have ipv6 support?
(06-15-2021, 06:51 AM)sagher Wrote: Yes, My Internet Broadband ADSL service provider gives an IPV6 Ip range and way to configure with the help of manual. but i am a newbie to understand how to get advantages with this. also never use it.
So i only rely on ipv4 addresses.
This thread gives me a new era to learn and know about ipv6 and it's usages.
so far i try to learn but my friend says it is not so secure and easy to learn. so i change my mind.
Is this true that hacking of ipv6 IP's are easy ?

Probably as I am not sure too. But seems now ipv6 is just giving you an advantage like cheaper ip addresses however many users do not have that support.And most systems didn't get them ready to the change.So not a strong need and ipv4 is fine now and maybe for the next few years.

You may want to try going to ipv6 if your ISP have good support and can fix problem at any time however I do not recommend it.
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
(06-16-2021, 09:51 AM)mzltest Wrote: Probably as I am not sure too. But seems now ipv6 is just giving you an advantage like cheaper ip addresses however many users do not have that support.And most systems didn't get them ready to the change.So not a strong need and ipv4 is fine now and maybe for the next few years.

You may want to try going to ipv6 if your ISP have good support and can fix problem at any time however I do not recommend it.

As a general Notes about IPv6 and according to inventors, the IPv6 is necessary due to growing numbers of connecting devices globally. but still what i see IPv4 is also compulsory while connecting however we enable ipv6 availability. it's mean out device has two addresses?
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(06-17-2021, 08:08 AM)sagher Wrote: As a general Notes about IPv6 and according to inventors, the IPv6 is necessary due to growing numbers of connecting devices globally. but still what i see IPv4 is also compulsory while connecting however we enable ipv6 availability. it's mean out device has two addresses?

I think this happens because we still have ipv4 resources.We are still not to the point that we can only allocate ipv6 resources to new devices and there are already solutions to the probable lack of ipv4(NAT,etc.)I have heard the news that a continent have used up their ipv4 addresses,but still we have many address available.It is not something that like ipv6 that can give for free(like these cheap or free ipv6 only vpses),but we still can allocate one for some price(probably included in your product).

So yes,we have two addresses now and maybe years later the existing devices still have two but new devices only have one - but it would really take a long time.
(06-06-2021, 08:56 AM)mzltest Wrote: It has been a good while since the idea of ipv6.But it is poorly implented in China.Recently my mobile carrier seemed dropping their ipv6 support - probably the reason might be ipv6 addresses are harder to be monitored by GFW and thus cutting off might be the best choice.
IPv6 was developed and continuously deployed out of need for IP addresses given that the 2^32(/4 billions) IPv4 addresses are almost depleted for awhile now if it weren't for networks NAT-ting hacks. Thus it's no longer a luxury for it to be just ignored by ISPs across the Globe, especially now with the IoT(/Internet of Thing) era starting to take off.

The 2^128(/roughly 340 trillion trillion trillions) addresses that IPv6 provides will make it possible for everyone on Earth to have as many IP addresses as he effectively needs (or at least I hope so!.. see the IPv4 distribution example!)

IPv6 addresses are cheaper because they are more abundant compared to the IPv4 ones (2^128 vs 2^32). Of course, plus the fact that the transition to it isn't still effective to this day!!

Although nowadays the software side of the equation is standing ready (ie IPv6-compatible) the -networking- infrastructure challenges aren't still in so many parts of the World; either at the equipment readiness level or simply at the operations level... A lot of money still needs to be injected at both levels across the Globe.

(06-06-2021, 08:56 AM)mzltest Wrote: From the publicly available data*,the active ipv6 users percentage is 52.19% - at least for me I was in the rest.
* https://china-ipv6.cn/
There is a Google page that tracks IPv6 adoption stats:

Google Wrote:Google collects statistics about IPv6 adoption in the Internet on an ongoing basis. We hope that publishing this information will help Internet providers, website owners, and policy makers as the industry rolls out IPv6.

> Statistics By ipv6-adoption
> Statistics Per-Country IPv6 adoption

In there you can read for the Stats By ipv6-adoption as of Jun 16, 2021 :
> Native: 32.31%
> 6to4/Teredo: 0.00%
> Total IPv6: 32.31%

Not bad!.. A third of the Internauts!

(06-06-2021, 08:56 AM)mzltest Wrote: So now I am wondering whether you guys have ipv6 support.In case you don't know how to test it,you can test at test-ipv6.com .
Unfortunately No!.. You can read this thread: Running an IPv6-only VPS Gotchas! for more.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
My local isp does not have IPv6 support. They are totally shit. I intend to change them. I triend https://test-ipv6.com/ site to check if my connection is ipv6 enable or not.
Thank you to post4vps and HostDare for my awesome VPS 12!
Check My first ever opensource project Alpana Blood Donation Drive .
(06-18-2021, 02:06 PM)debjit Wrote: My local isp does not have IPv6 support. They are totally shit. I intend to change them. I triend https://test-ipv6.com/ site to check if my connection is ipv6 enable or not.

Here ISPs often offer ipv6 support on mobile networks but not broadband network.I guess because Mobile network is priced on a by-data basis while broadband is prices on  by-time basis.And yes,some areas have ipv6 support on both networks and previously people can access google ipv6 version,bypassing the GFW to some extent.
(06-17-2021, 08:08 AM)sagher Wrote: As a general Notes about IPv6 and according to inventors, the IPv6 is necessary due to growing numbers of connecting devices globally. but still what i see IPv4 is also compulsory while connecting however we enable ipv6 availability. it's mean out device has two addresses?

Yes the device should then have at least one IPv4 address and one IPv6 address.

Normally your device can decide automatically which address it will use for outgoing connections.

So you should not need to worry about it. Having IPv6 connectivity is just a bonus for your device. Smile

Nope, my ISP (Internet Service Provider) doesn't offer a IPv6 connectivity- I hope it will soon be added. As we all know IPv4 are going to get very short count at the current pace.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-31-2017, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Decent12

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting