arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does any one know this domain registrar - porkbun?
Tonight at the other Forum I'm posting one of the new members mentioned his new favourite domain registrar:

https://porkbun.com/

That had me smiling from ear to ear.  Cute!

Has any one used this Registrar and what have your experiences been like?

He has been with GoDaddy for 12 years and moved all of his domains to porkbun.  So there has to be something good about it.

Oink Oink!   Big Grin
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Honestly, I have personally never used this registrar. However, one of IT club mates uses this registrar. He's told me of it before and so I found familiarly in the name.

So I just happened to call him up and had an extended talk over WhatsApp. His experience with PorkBun had been damn good. He says that the customer service is the most helpful of all he can describe. I went down to the website and browsed thigh their prices. They're indeed cheap is not the cheapest.

My domains are from NameCheap. I've had a very good service from them till date. So I've no intention of shifting. However, there's definitely something good about it as my friend is very skeptical about support and price. :-)

@deanhills: If you don't mind telling me, which forum is it where you came to know if PorkBun? Now don't say freevps.us or frihost.club .... ;-).
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
I'll PM you the name. As I don't want to create the impression I'm promoting it.

I also have been checking the porkbun Website out. I find the Shared Hosting very expensive. Wow! Probably exceptional quality hopefully.
Terminal
Yup.. That's why I said 'cheap if not the cheapest'. I know $8 a month is a bit too much for everyone to afford, but if you see all features are unmetered including disk space and bandwidth (fair usage policy applies).

Just texted Omair (my friend) and he says that they deserve that money as the service offered is exceptionally good, considering it's a shared hosting environment.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
When I first saw the name and site I thought these guys must be a reseller of another domain registrar. I was wrong. They are a fully accredited domain registrar under ICANN since 2013. Prices are pretty goos right now. .com registrations are on sale at 5 USD and renewal price is 8.56 USD.

Oh I found there is a new extension, .sucks which is quite expensive. Cost you around 206 USD for a registration.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(08-28-2019, 10:12 AM)xdude Wrote: When I first saw the name and site I thought these guys must be a reseller of another domain registrar. I was wrong. They are a fully accredited domain registrar under ICANN since 2013. Prices are pretty goos right now. .com registrations are on sale at 5 USD and renewal price is 8.56 USD.

Oh I found there is a new extension,  .sucks which is quite expensive. Cost you around 206 USD for a registration.

The member at the other Forum says that he found this site at one of those domain ranking services for 2019, and it ranked just a bit higher than NameSilo.  So he took it from there.

I'm quite impressed with it.  But for now am too lazy to make big moves.  I'll just keep what I have with Namecheap for now - maybe drop a few domains as I have far too many.  And also keep the ones I have at NameSilo.  One thing for sure.  NameSilo has best service for when you want to transfer your domain to NameSilo.
Terminal
Are there registrar ranking? I didn't know!
Are they ranked based on costs or services?

It is strange because I have never see any ads about this registrar, searching on google "domains registrar" porkbun isn't indexed but according to who discovered it, it is on top ranks. Really strange.
But well, I think I will give a try as soon as I will need a new domain.

Quote:I'll just keep what I have with Namecheap for now
@deanhills are you sure that Namecheap is still save? The article about FreeDNS problem that you linked was written on 2016 but there are also more "recent" report about dangerous redirect of traffic.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(08-29-2019, 12:45 AM)LightDestory Wrote: Are there registrar ranking? I didn't know!
Are they ranked based on costs or services?

It is strange because I have never see any ads about this registrar, searching on google "domains registrar" porkbun isn't indexed but according to who discovered it, it is on top ranks. Really strange.
But well, I think I will give a try as soon as I will need a new domain.

@deanhills are you sure that Namecheap is still save? The article about FreeDNS problem that you linked was written on 2016 but there are also more "recent" report about dangerous redirect of traffic.

Good point and "no" I'm not sure Namecheap is safe any longer.  I think it's very easy for rogue domains to use IPs for their name servers that don't belong to them.  I wonder which Registrar is safe however?  Like I think the name server issue is a weak link with domain registration.  It should be made more strict.

I think in Italy they already have a system where the Domain Registrars need verification of two IPs before they will allow you to add name servers to your domain.  The name servers have to be two unique IP name servers.  So possibly they're ahead of the rest of the world on working with this problem. I'm not an expert though, this is just experience I got at another Forum.  I'm not sure what the verdict is about Cloudflare name servers by Italian registrars and whether they're accepted for name servers for domains. I suspect they will not be accepted, as there has to be a tie up between the name server IPs and the URL of the domain. If I read the rules correctly.

Quote:Nameservers for a .IT domain must be correctly configured before the registration request succeeds, otherwise registration will fail. Please check that the following requirements are met:

There must be at least 2 authoritative nameservers for the domain name, and they must correspond exactly to those found in the registration of the domain name
The IP addresses of hosts in the registration of the domain name must correspond to those actually associated with them in the DNS
The domain name cannot be associated with a CNAME record
The name of the nameserver specified in the SOA record for the domain name cannot be a CNAME
The names of the authoritative nameservers for the domain name cannot be CNAMEs
If there is an MX registration it cannot be associated with a CNAME
All hosts in the registration must be authoritative for the domain name registered

For more detailed information on .it domains, see https://ca.godaddy.com/help/about-it-domains-5358.
https://ca.godaddy.com/help/nameserver-r...ains-20229
Terminal
I have not use them myself personally, i have heard quite a lot of good things about them & see then on many of the 'top list' websites for domain registers etc, may have to give them a try one day.
Porkbun is a great registrar, I've a domain with them and it's amazing. But generally if I wanna get a domain and intend to keep it for some years, I'll firstly get it from these registrars who provide domains for $0.75 and $1 for the first year then move it to Cloudflare the next year, it's correct that Cloudflare doesn't support all domains but you can take a look at this page to see if they support your TLD or not.
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting