arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of Hostdoc and VPSs 13 & 14
Please note that following the data breach issue Hostdoc has closed its business with immediate effect.  This means that VPSs 13 & 14 are no longer available to post4vps.  

I'll be removing VPSs 13 & 14 from our current Giveaway and ask those who applied, to apply for another VPS.

We thank HostDoc for their excellent service during the two years when they provided us with locations completely outside our normal location zone. I.e. Australia and Singapore and then recently changing Singapore to Finland. Those IPs were very valuable. We're really sorry to see the business failing.

Email from Hostdoc to Dynamo Wrote:HostDoc Is Closing (2 Feb 2020)

It is with great regret that I write this email.

HostDoc will be closing its doors today and will no longer accept orders for any service moving forward.
All payment gateways are now inactive. All clients will be refunded pro-rata and a few refunds have already began being issued. If your refund has not yet been recieved, please open a ticket and be patient, all valid requests will be refunded.
If you have a paypal subscription set up, please cancel it now.

As much as I enjoy providing a hosting service basically for free (there has never been a profit margin which was not reinvested into new hardware), and as much as I can fend away many if not most of the trolls or those that try and bring the brand or reputation down, it is a much harder feat when it is someone that was once trusted.

As such, this is a notice that backs ups should immediately be taken and alternative hosting solutions be sought as a replacement for the services you currently have with us.

Services will not go down immediately, however, acting immediately would see you prepared for when our services do eventually go down which can be up to 30 days from today.

Our cpanel shared hosting may stay available for the next 6 months. If this is the case, no further fee will be charged to current users however, you are urged to use this time to prepare backups and migrate away from HostDoc.

I am sorry to those I will be letting down with this decision.
I am sorry I could not be the host I envisioned being.

Thank you for choosing HostDoc and allowing us to serve you as best as we could.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
It's very unfortunate to lose a sponsor of our community. HostDoc in itself had been a great provider, as I could make out from the reviews of the VPSes.

TBH the decision seems somewhat manipulated and influenced, as evident from those comments on LET. I hope you understand that I'm talking about, and I'll stop here.

Well, however this is life and we gotta embrace it's transient nature. What happened is indeed unfortunate, but since there's nothing to do about it, it's best to accept it as something that had to happen and it did. Wishing the sponsor best of luck for all good future projects and endeavors. Hope his journey ahead is great.

Warm regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Sad to see HostDoc leaving, the VPSes they offered had amazing locations(Aus & Finland) especially for the residents of those countries, I hope the owner decides to bring back his company as I was just visiting his website yesterday and his prices really are amazing! If only I knew his site sooner.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
It is not just prices, but quality of service and server performance was ok too. It is just sad how everything turned south so suddenly for them. I wonder if LET really has that kind of influence over the low end hosting market. From their conversations over there, I get the feeling of them being a bunch of unstable and sycophantic characters. I wonder if HostDoc could not continue in spite of all this.

It was probably some caching issue. wrongly configured caching I would think. Ignoring the dynamic part of the url. How else could it be explained !
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
It is a very sad news for me.i have never used any of HostDoc VPS but still i can feel what HostDoc's owner is feeling. You spent all time creating impactful and unique services. But got this in return. really its very painful for you.I don't know exactly about the review on LET. But most of the comments there on LET shows your loyalty.
I will that is a very good decession.
Wishing you a best of luck for the future.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
It is sad to hear this bad news, and particularly that Post4VPS has lost a sponsor in this unexpected way.

Not going to comment on how they managed the data breach issue but, it should be a good lesson learned for all other VPS providers.

Sadly i haven't tried VPS 13 and 14 plans but i read their holder honest reviews. Wish i could give it a try, I was thinking to apply for Hostlease, Hostdoc or my old VPS 9 on next giveaway. But unfortunately Hostdoc closed their good.
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

Security is one of the great aspects of web hosting. With out proper protection a webhost can't be successful. I am sad to know their departure. They were good sponsors.

Thank you  Sweet

Quote:HostDoc will be closing its doors today and will no longer accept orders for any service moving forward
I wonder if this is true, because HostDoc still accepting new orders, they may close their doors maybe but they still accepting new orders... Any explaining?...
It is unfortunate, I didn't think that things were going this way. Let's hope that HostDoc can sort its things for good and restart!

Between, I agree with @Pacific Spirit, HostDoc's website seems still functional and business-active.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting