arrow_upward

Poll: Do you think a paid alternative is an good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
No
0%
Total
0 vote(s)
0%

* You voted for this item.

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Features for OpenSource Exam System v2
Lightbulb 
Hello, here is the first version and proof of concept that the exam system works and can be very useful.
So here are few core features that I am adding to the free Open Source Version of the application. 

I am also creating a quiz app with an advanced feature set, which will help me survive.

1. Unlimited Category and Sub-Category For Questions.
  2. Per Question point/marks/numbers.
  3. Overwrite Question default marks when exam default marks are given.
  4. Exam Time Limit.
  5. Show result immediately after examination ends.
  6. User auto registration (With email activation) and social media login.
  7. Bulk Question Upload / Download.
  8. Result (Details/Rank) Shows after result ends or.
  9. Leader Board only for Registered Users.
  10. Only One administrative role.
  11. User Manager.
  12. Web View Android App.
  13. Exam Schedule.
  14. Simple Exam Analytics.
  15. Installation service and full video and written tutorial on how to set up your app.
  16. Google Analytics

Please share have you used any examination system?
Do you think this feature set is enough for a standard examination web app?
If not what you wanted to see improved?
What should I add to its paid version?

NOTE: This is a MVP Version more features will be added in future.
Thank you to post4vps and HostDare for my awesome VPS 12!
Check My first ever opensource project Alpana Blood Donation Drive .
I think number 10 would create quite the headache for a tiered learning system. In my ergonomics evaluation app which features an education system, I have a few different administrative access levels. We are taking that system and creating our own in-house PDH system, which we will have at least two administrative accesses levels. One being top level administrators and a secondary access level that allows for the curation of courses and activities.

I think even in education, you would see something like a dean of university or a principal in secondary and primary education over see the system with teachers acting as the secondary admin tier creating courses, quizzes and such.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
(07-04-2021, 04:46 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: I think number 10 would create quite the headache for a tiered learning system. In my ergonomics evaluation app which features an education system, I have a few different administrative access levels. We are taking that system and creating our own in-house PDH system, which we will have at least two administrative accesses levels. One being top level administrators and a secondary access level that allows for the curation of courses and activities.

I think even in education, you would see something like a dean of university or a principal in secondary and primary education over see the system with teachers acting as the secondary admin tier creating courses, quizzes and such.

Well this is more of teachers own web app for private students or a group of students. This is not a School Management of any kind just an exam system.
(07-04-2021, 08:04 PM)debjit Wrote: Well this is more of teachers own web app for private students or a group of students. This is not a School Management of any kind just an exam system.

If you are sure it won't be a institution-level integration this is fine.Otherwise you may probably need a Admin - Teacher - Student hierarchy,but that will probably be years later before we start talking this.

As for the app I'd provide open registration and invited registration.Teachers can signup and create direct invite links for their students to sign up,while new individual can signup normally to create a new class.

Paid features can also include advanced result exporting (more than just username and their scores),simple(in the ease of use) pattern matching for "fill-in blanks"(eg. [answer1|answer2]),more question type like handwriting etc.

And by the way,if a student lost connection while on exam with a time limit,how will you handle it?
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
(07-05-2021, 08:28 AM)mzltest Wrote: If you are sure it won't be a institution-level integration this is fine.Otherwise you may probably need a Admin - Teacher - Student hierarchy,but that will probably be years later before we start talking this.

As for the app I'd provide open registration and invited registration.Teachers can signup and create direct invite links for their students to sign up,while new individual can signup normally to create a new class.

Paid features can also include advanced result exporting (more than just username and their scores),simple(in the ease of use) pattern matching for "fill-in blanks"(eg. [answer1|answer2]),more question type like handwriting etc.

And by the way,if a student lost connection while on exam with a time limit,how will you handle it?

*As for the app I'd provide open registration and invited registration. 
Yes, the admin can choose to make registration open or close. There is really a lot of flexibility.

*And by the way,if a student lost connection while on the exam with a time limit, how will you handle it?

This is the only MVP version. People can log in and give exams for the duration of the exam. 

There is not counter cheating mechanism is in place.

This is a bare minimum working Exam application.
(07-06-2021, 06:51 AM)debjit Wrote: *As for the app I'd provide open registration and invited registration. 
Yes, the admin can choose to make registration open or close. There is really a lot of flexibility.

*And by the way,if a student lost connection while on the exam with a time limit, how will you handle it?

This is the only MVP version. People can log in and give exams for the duration of the exam. 

There is not counter cheating mechanism is in place.

This is a bare minimum working Exam application.

Really the only way to handle that is using AJAX handlers so JS/PHP to store the student's answers to cookies. Once the exam is completed and submitted you can clear the cookies used. I would also say I plan for the future in your initial development. If you are going to add higher level management to the system possibly down the road, then add the framework for that into the code now. That way you are not having to retool entire systems, modifying and upgrading the database and so on to add in an "School Administration" tier. These could be systems and protocols you add in now (ranks, rank access permissions etc.) that sit there until a time comes that you are ready for it. I just know with my devs, I made rookie mistakes not looking forward and having an "oh s***" moment when I had to recode entire features.
(07-06-2021, 01:35 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: Really the only way to handle that is using AJAX handlers so JS/PHP to store the student's answers to cookies. Once the exam is completed and submitted you can clear the cookies used. I would also say I plan for the future in your initial development. If you are going to add higher level management to the system possibly down the road, then add the framework for that into the code now. That way you are not having to retool entire systems, modifying and upgrading the database and so on to add in an "School Administration" tier. These could be systems and protocols you add in now (ranks, rank access permissions etc.) that sit there until a time comes that you are ready for it. I just know with my devs, I made rookie mistakes not looking forward and having an "oh s***" moment when I had to recode entire features.

I am using Laravel and Livewire for this purpose. I have created already a subject with livewire and laravel. The livewire part is very simple and it takes care of js and ajax without any js code. I will be sharing my journey creating this application on Twitter Facebook and LinkedIn. So follow me there and I am thinking it will be completed within a month.

I am creating this app as a give to all my teachers, so they can easily make use of it and reach more students for absolutely free. 
I may create a school management system but I am not very sure about this idea.
(07-06-2021, 08:22 PM)debjit Wrote: I am using Laravel and Livewire for this purpose. I have created already a subject with livewire and laravel. The livewire part is very simple and it takes care of js and ajax without any js code. I will be sharing my journey creating this application on Twitter Facebook and LinkedIn. So follow me there and I am thinking it will be completed within a month.

I am creating this app as a give to all my teachers, so they can easily make use of it and reach more students for absolutely free. 
I may create a school management system but I am not very sure about this idea.

Fair enough! I've not played with Livewire, but I have looked into the documentation and yeah it will definitely fulfill your needs. The only thing I can think of is storing things to cookies and then clearing them, you would need to have a cookie notice, but honestly I don't think very many folks would have an issue with it.
(07-06-2021, 09:21 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: Fair enough! I've not played with Livewire, but I have looked into the documentation and yeah it will definitely fulfill your needs. The only thing I can think of is storing things to cookies and then clearing them, you would need to have a cookie notice, but honestly I don't think very many folks would have an issue with it.

To be frank I never used cookies. I have always relied on server season, it's more secure and does not take any extra effort. But laravel makes cookies more secure so no one can tamper with them. And when using livewire, it minimises the server request and reloads of the page.
(07-07-2021, 05:08 AM)debjit Wrote: To be frank I never used cookies. I have always relied on server season, it's more secure and does not take any extra effort. But laravel makes cookies more secure so no one can tamper with them. And when using livewire, it minimises the server request and reloads of the page.

That is awesome, I have used both, but they have their time and place. I use sessions for short term instances and cookies for long term instances such as appearance modifiers (dark mode etc).
Pages (3):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting