Problems activating your account? Send notification email to: [email protected]
Host4Fun Budget VPS Hosting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firewall for Linux
Which firewall is best for Linux ? Does anyone offer free firewall for Linux ? Have you guys tried it ? How was the experience ?
Thanks  @Post4VPS

Two well known Procedures i know. after built in linux firewall like iptable rules.
one is fail2ban you can install it with ssh command apt-get install fail2ban and the second one is ufw and you can install it with apt-get install ufw.
both are easy to use. you can get there tutorial easily from internet. also command lines to install and make iptable rules. as a custom rules.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
Firewall isn't really needed if you have a linux vm/container unless you are really new to these stuff, I mean everyone can secure his VPS against most of the attacks. And no, there's no free Firewall available AFAIK.
I was using APF and it works fine but you need to configure it basing what you have on vps.
There is a free available firewall for most of the linux distros, its called CSF and here is it https://configserver.com/cp/csf.html.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
I heard Iptables is a secure one. Its really a nice and simple frontend to Netfilter and a powerful firewall manager built on top of iptables.
Many thanks to Abc-Hosters LLC and post4vps for the VPS 3  Party

- Sorry for my bad English

iptables I think is mostly used firewall for linux distros, and it's easy to configure base on your needs.
(02-11-2017, 07:51 AM)maroon93 Wrote:  I heard Iptables is a secure one. Its really a nice and simple frontend to Netfilter and a powerful firewall manager built on top of iptables.

you can use shorewall to manage ip tables as well.It is also known as “Shoreline Firewall”. It is built upon the iptables/ipchains netfilter system.
여보세요  Big Grin   
 | Thanks to Host4Fun and Post4VPS for great VPS 1 |
(02-21-2017, 04:36 PM)bakman12 Wrote:  you can use shorewall to manage ip tables as well.It is also known as “Shoreline Firewall”. It is built upon the iptables/ipchains netfilter system.

i already using it :Smile its good firewall system im using it for NAT and some forwarding configuration
Many thanks to Abc-Hosters LLC and post4vps for the VPS 3  Party

- Sorry for my bad English

use iptables. its the most using firewall for the linux
[Image: 687474703a2f2f7075752e73682f6f437766762f...322e676966]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Build virtual RAM in Linux"Debian" hamed 5 389 10-30-2019, 12:12 PM
Last Post: hamed
  My Expirience After using linux for 1 month humanpuff69 12 4,601 10-26-2017, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Golden