arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
! FloatVPS - Free VPS FOREVER!!
(03-17-2019, 09:05 PM)deanhills Wrote: If I find any complaints about the service not delivered, then the topic will be closed.

The VPS is delivered to only some of our member, I don't remember who got that, but I only remember @perryoo11 and me got the VPS. It actually works, but it doesn't give you and RDP on it.

He will give you option either Anydesk or Teamviewer to connect to the VPS instead of using normal RDP.

I will see if I can do benchmark on the VPS since it's very very slow speed, I don't know if it's on my side only or on their side.
Hope the benchmark doesn't eat so much RAM.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(03-18-2019, 02:29 AM)tiwil Wrote: I will see if I can do benchmark on the VPS since it's very very slow speed, I don't know if it's on my side only or on their side.
Hope the benchmark doesn't eat so much RAM.
That sounds great @tiwil.  Thanks for the feedback.  

Have you figured out what the benefit of this is to the owner of the site?  Where does the space come from and what is the purpose for promoting it? Like in his dot.tk site he says Samdisk (is it Sandisk?), is he doing it from an external hard disk?  As he says it's because of a bet he took? It says for an unlimited life time - it gives me a tongue-in-cheek humour impression to rope users in for a bet - a fun project.

Anyway, the users here I'm sure are cautious so no doubt they're being careful.  When I checked through the Website a layer deeper Firefox came up with a warning - although maybe it's a Firefox thing as it can get irritating this way but in this case I was happy about it:
Quote:The owner of floatvps.tk has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Floatvps seems to be active at freevps.club as well.  Corey asked him about billing.  He's ready with an answer every time.  Sounds like a resourceful guy for only being at this since February.

Quote:coreyman Wrote:
   Very interesting. What are you using for billing?

FloatVPS Reply:
THT, or known as The Hosting Tool, im waiting for the creators to make 2.0 with bitcoin & ESX-i support.
i also use OpenCart 3
Source: https://www.freevps.club/showthread.php?...3#pid25823

Anyway, people like Perry, yourself, arsal and tryp4vps who are experienced users will probably be able to catch on soon if there is something to catch on.  In the meanwhile I'll just be checking that no spam posts are made here, which for now is my main concern.  The rest will hopefully sort itself out in good time.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(03-18-2019, 05:08 AM)deanhills Wrote: That sounds great @tiwil.  Thanks for the feedback.  

Have you figured out what the benefit of this is to the owner of the site?  Where does the space come from and what is the purpose for promoting it? Like in his dot.tk site he says Samdisk (is it Sandisk?), is he doing it from an external hard disk?  As he says it's because of a bet he took? It says for an unlimited life time - it gives me a tongue-in-cheek humour impression to rope users in for a bet - a fun project.

Anyway, the users here I'm sure are cautious so no doubt they're being careful.  When I checked through the Website a layer deeper Firefox came up with a warning - although maybe it's a Firefox thing as it can get irritating this way but in this case I was happy about it:

Floatvps seems to be active at freevps.club as well.  Corey asked him about billing.  He's ready with an answer every time.  Sounds like a resourceful guy for only being at this since February.

Source: https://www.freevps.club/showthread.php?...3#pid25823

Anyway, people like Perry, yourself, arsal and tryp4vps who are experienced users will probably be able to catch on soon if there is something to catch on.  In the meanwhile I'll just be checking that no spam posts are made here, which for now is my main concern.  The rest will hopefully sort itself out in good time.
this is a some kind of apache bug, it works sometimes with ssl and it doesnt. im looking into this and seeing how to fix it permanently.
Offical Account of FloatVPS
Game Servers, Virtual Private Servers, all for a low budget hoster/user!
http://floatvps.tk/
In my experience.

you should not see this as an virtualserver that cvan host everything you want.
gameserver wont actually work as ports are closed. so you need to run your server in a vpn that bypass johny's router.

neither this project should actually stop because its home hosted.
anyone with that vps can grap his actuall location.
it's fine but if the rotten apple finds its way.....

also the vps is down alot. not going to complain about that as that is not my concern.
(03-18-2019, 05:41 PM)perryoo11 Wrote: In my experience.

you should not see this as an virtualserver that cvan host everything you want.
gameserver wont actually work as ports are closed. so you need to run your server in a vpn that bypass johny's router.

neither this project should actually stop because its home hosted.
anyone with that vps can grap his actuall location.
it's fine but if the rotten apple finds its way.....

also the vps is down alot. not going to complain about that as that is not my concern.

true, but the reason the VPS is down is because by default your VPS has "sleep" mode, i suggest you disable it ASAP to prevent it becoming "down".
Can i run the server as VNC? @FloatVPS
and also how can i request one?
(03-18-2019, 07:30 PM)youssefbasha Wrote: Can i run the server as VNC? @FloatVPS
and also how can i request one?

you can run VNC, as long you use a port opener thing that doesnt need the original ip, and you can request one on our discord. be sure to verify yourself
(03-18-2019, 07:28 PM)FloatVPS Wrote: true, but the reason the VPS is down is because by default your VPS has "sleep" mode, i suggest you disable it ASAP to prevent it becoming "down".
Actually we never know it will be down. You should alert your user after you give the VPS.
Then until now, I'm on and off on Discord, so I don't know when @FloatVPS will turn my VPS on, if I late, it will become offline over and over again. Too bad tho.

Or, if you don't want your users to come over and over again and protest their VPS slept, you can just help us to setup it so it's not being at sleep mode forever. That's more easy way to do instead of doing reboot to wake up their VPS.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(03-19-2019, 03:47 AM)tiwil Wrote: Actually we never know it will be down. You should alert your user after you give the VPS.
Then until now, I'm on and off on Discord, so I don't know when @FloatVPS will turn my VPS on, if I late, it will become offline over and over again. Too bad tho.

Or, if you don't want your users to come over and over again and protest their VPS slept, you can just help us to setup it so it's not being at sleep mode forever. That's more easy way to do instead of doing reboot to wake up their VPS.

I think Esxi Will Often Crash In Insufficient Hardware!
So that makes the VPS client become offline!
Terminal
Solo Developer
(03-18-2019, 07:59 PM)FloatVPS Wrote: you can run VNC, as long you use a port opener thing that doesnt need the original ip, and you can request one on our discord. be sure to verify yourself

I joined and verified myself but there is an admin saying that they don't have more servers so we have to wait 3 weeks
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-14-2021, 07:35 AM
Last Post: sagher

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting