Pages (4):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game servers restarting
your vps name?: VPS 18
which node are you?: I have no idea
whats your issue?: 
First, im using Debian 10.
I installed OpenGamePanel and gave my friend a samp server 2 days ago.
And he was reporting that server is automatically crashing so i thought that its ogp problem.
I tried to run the server from terminal (./samp03svr) and deattached it by screen command
It started crashing again after 6 hours (same time as ogp)
I also tried to use a clean server without my friend's gamemode (default samp gamemode) and it started crashing again.
This crash only gets fixed when i restart the vps and comes back after 5/6 hours.
Do you have any idea whats the problem? I didn't post this in private because i want everyone's experience.
Great thing that you launched the server in the terminal to see what would happen but did you actually check the terminal session output of the game server? It might actually provide a reason for it crashing by showing some error log or similar. Not sure how it is with SAMP but CoD and Valve game servers (CS, CSS, CSGO and etc) have a great server console where pretty much everything is output to it. So you can always see all errors, events and etc. Helps a lot because when you open tmux or screen and see that the server is crashed you usually see the error causing the crash at the end of the output.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
one of your plugin/module is not compatible with debian 10 and i am sure its happening due to it but i am not 100% sure as HR said you should try to get some error logs
(01-16-2020, 05:44 AM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: Great thing that you launched the server in the terminal to see what would happen but did you actually check the terminal session output of the game server? It might actually provide a reason for it crashing by showing some error log or similar. Not sure how it is with SAMP but CoD and Valve game servers (CS, CSS, CSGO and etc) have a great server console where pretty much everything is output to it. So you can always see all errors, events and etc. Helps a lot because when you open tmux or screen and see that the server is crashed you usually see the error causing the crash at the end of the output.
In the test server (default gamemode) there is nothing special in the logs.
Just seems to be restarting as if i pressed on restart bottom
My friend sent me this, he told me he got this in the logs
[13:33:18] The request failed! The response code was: 6
@Decent12 as i said, i tried it on samp default gamemode which have 0 plugins and still crashing.
The error your friend received probably has no relation (I think) because it is related to HTTP requests in SAMP. Look at this page: https://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/HTTP for more information. You can see the error output in the code at that page and all error codes, too.

Error code 6 means HTTP_ERROR_MALFORMED_RESPONSE. And malformed response simply stands for a bad response that can becaused by several things like a bad connection, something might be wrong with the server or something else.

I'm not a game server administrator or atleast not for SAMP. So I'm out here since your fresh installed server without any plugins or similar is also crashing without any error output. No idea really. Sorry.
Well, do you recommend shifting to another Debian version? Like Debian 9/8 jessie?
Yes, I would recommend to switch back to a previously known good working OS version and something that is actually officially supported. If it worked for you on Debian 9 I would go back to Debian 9 because it is currently in LTS while Debian 8 is basically EOL soon (20th June 2020). Another alternative would be any other supported non Debian distribution (CentOS maybe?).

I really can't say much. Never touched SAMP or similar.
Is it possible to install libssl1.0.0.so on Centos 7? I left Centos long time ago because it is slow but if it supports my needs on my current server i can try it.
This has to do with your gamemode. There must be a problem within your plugin that is causing this. When I had server back in old days in SAMP, I faced this too until I realized that a faulty plugin was behind this.

Something triggers that error from your gamemode which restarts. Check if the streamer, or whirlpool, or any other plugin you use is compatible with the includes you use to compile the script.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
(01-19-2020, 09:53 AM)Manal Wrote: This has to do with your gamemode. There must be a problem within your plugin that is causing this. When I had server back in old days in SAMP, I faced this too until I realized that a faulty plugin was behind this.

Something triggers that error from your gamemode which restarts. Check if the streamer, or whirlpool, or any other plugin you use is compatible with the includes you use to compile the script.

I thought that too at the first but as i said, i tried a clean server with default gamemode (grandlarc) and it crashed too..
Pages (4):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting