arrow_upward

Pages (15): Jump to page 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HostLease - Free Hosting | HostLease Media Group NL
(05-13-2020, 01:58 AM)tiwil Wrote: Unfortunately it requires me to log on into the forum. I'm not a fan of registering an account without knowing what benefit I will get. I mean, I know you give free hosting but I should know first what is the spec you're giving for me.<br/>

Probably a page that can be access by public will work? Just like Post4VPS with their VPS plan that's public and everyone can see so they can decide either to register or not. Just my feedback as a user :p.

@tiwil   @Sohamb03as already pointed you in the right direction.  You do not have to be a registered member of lnb-hosting to do that research.  When you check the LNB-Hosting Website - there is plenty of info about the VPSs that are available at the link below:
https://lnb-hosting.nl/vps.html

It provides you with the number of posts needed (per month) for each category of VPS.  From @ikk157 we learned that these posts can also be made at post4vps.

The other important source of information is the Hostlease most recent information posts from Hostlease - you could check the opening Hostlease post, or the most recent one that I found by checking the posts in this thread backwards:
https://post4vps.com/Thread-HostLease-Fr...4#pid35104

Once you've decided to apply, you need to register with the Forum. Then, as I understand it (possibly @sohamb03 could confirm) you need to navigate to the Forum below to apply for a hosting account:
https://www.lnb-hosting.nl/forums/index....rivate.16/

If your application is successful and there is a VPS available (I'm sure supplies are not unlimited), you'll be given further instructions and panel info by sohamb03.  

BTW I found all of the above information without registering with the LNB-Hosting Forum - it took just a few clicks to check the available info.  Tongue
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
“ you'll be given further instructions and panel info by sohamb03.”

@deanhills As far as I’m aware, it’s not sohamb03 that’ll be giving the panel credentials and all of that when it comes to hostlease’s free VPSs (he isn’t even a hostlease staff member for a matter of fact... Or he’s a moderator, can’t remember. But he doesn’t manage the VPSs/VPS plans at hostlease)

It’s Jordy (Pacific Spirit) that takes care of all of that! And trust me, he’s fast!!!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
Yeah Dean, posts can be made either at Post4VPS or at LNB forum. However, the total number of posts must be made at either of the forums only. In other words, you cannot do 10 posts at Post4VPS and 10 at LNB for 20 posts which is required for VPS 3 ... it has to be either 20 at Post4VPS or 20 at LNB forum. 

After you have the requisite number of posts, just head to the LNB forum, create an account. You will find a private forum there for free service request. There's a specific format (like we have one here), and then you have to open a thread in that format. If you satisfy the requirements you'll be given the product of your choice. Again. as you said, that's subject to stock and availability cuz yeah there aren't unlimited VPSes. 

However, as @ikk157 rightly said, I'm neither in-charge of giving the free services nor having access to the back-end. I am just a forum Moderator.  Smile VPSes are created and given away by Jordy, and yeah, he's really quick. 

Kind Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
That's right, I'm the only one who has access to the VPS pool panel. @Sohamb03 is indeed only a forum moderator and helps where it is needed. Until now, the services are provided under the name of Hostlease and I also perform the management of the hosting feather and yes, faster service is important, although with support on the forum instead of discord, we have also installed a ticket system on the forum .
(05-13-2020, 01:40 PM)Pacific Spirit Wrote: That's right, I'm the only one who has access to the VPS pool panel. @Sohamb03 is indeed only a forum moderator and helps where it is needed. Until now, the services are provided under the name of Hostlease and I also perform the management of the hosting feather and yes, faster service is important, although with support on the forum instead of discord, we have also installed a ticket system on the forum .

@Sohamb03 and @Pacific Spirit Thanks for the clarification.

I'm curious. Why would you permit those who post for a VPS at LNB Forum allow their post4vps posts to be used for LNB/Hostlease VPS post credits? What would the incentive then be to have the LNB Forum, as when I checked through it there were almost no posts in it.
Terminal
We Don’t have enough members and for people that know me and I them and letting them possible to obtain can they do on Post4Vps too. Why should we invest in a populair product if they can’t get it. So when the forum comes more alive may it happened that the function for post4vps may dropped. But for is it possible to the posts here too.
(05-14-2020, 03:39 AM)Pacific Spirit Wrote: We Don’t have enough members and (.....). So when the forum comes more alive may it happened that the function for post4vps may dropped. But for is it possible to the posts here too.

My 2cents on this @Pacific Spirit

For as long as that forum is kept private, I'm afraid it won't get any more popular than what it is now!... Is there any specific issue as to why it's private?.. A software configuration issue?.. A staff issue?.. or is it just not the time for it to go public?

For the postings requirements, I confess that I didn't get it right the first time I read the announcement. I did think that the posting is related exclusively to the private forum. It's just weird to think otherwise!.. Why would anybody go through the trouble of setting up a forum, just to make it private and ask its users to make their posts elsewhere?!

Reading the previous posts above, I now see that most of your forum's members are from this community, so you're just extending them the courtesy of a VPS hosting for basically doing what they are already doing (ie genuinely for FREE as far as you're concerned!)

Good for you man!... But not so good for your forum!!... It has to live a life of its own!.. and for that, it has to GO PUBLIC!

Good Luck!
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
@fChk I did not know that everything was still private .. I have now converted everything to open so now all threads can be viewed by guests. Thank you for noticing.
(05-14-2020, 02:03 PM)Pacific Spirit Wrote: @fChk I did not know that everything was still private .. I have now converted everything to open so now all threads can be viewed by guests. Thank you for noticing.

@Pacific Spirit  Further to @fChk's recommendation, when post4vps members apply for a VPS at LNB-Hosting for the first time, why not make it a rule if they want to use the choice of 20 posts at post4vps, that in addition to the 20 post4vps posts they also have to make 5 posts at LNB-Hosting when they apply for a VPS at LNB-Hosting for the first time.  And then reduce the number of posts needed at LNB-Hosting when they first apply at LNB-Hosting to between 10-15 posts. 10-15 posts feel more doable than 20 posts and may be a good incentive to get posts to be made at LNB-Hosting Forum.  Then to keep the VPS after that they can continue with the post4vps 20 posts option or 10-15 LNB Hosting option.
Terminal
@deanhills, the reason that there is not a fixed post / points on the forum for our vpses is because we offer 5 different vpses, a newcomer can already claim a vpses with 40/5 points / posts. These points are easy to earn with us, when creating good threads / posts it can yield a number of points, the higher the posts the better the specs of the vps they can get. That is more the idea we see to keep the forum livable.
Pages (15): Jump to page 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting