arrow_upward

Pages (14): Jump to page 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally?
(04-03-2021, 05:48 PM)fChk Wrote: First, No!.. I didn't notice any side effect in both instances.

Second, there is no definitive proof of a causation between the AstraZeneca vaccine and the blood clotting issue. Indeed there were 30 registered cases out of more than 30 millions treated with the same vaccine!.. That's basically the same probability for someone, somewhere to have a blood clotting problem in the general population... It's in the noise really!..

Thus there is not even any correlation here, let alone a causation.

My opinion on this is that the bad press for the AstraZeneca vaccine has a taste of a tacit 'vaccine War'!.. The competitors do have an incentive to trash someone else's product.

Third, there is a major difference between AstraZeneca and SinoVac vaccines. the first is injecting you with an adenovirus that has a gene copy of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein while the second has the non-virulent part of the whole SARS-CoV-2 material... Meaning, theoretically the immunization from the SinoVac must be superior than the one generated by the AstraZeneca... The problem, as always, is that there is not much data published on the SinoVac to judge how it's really doing...........

Fact that 30 causes get blood clotting and also receive AstraZeneca vaccine is concerning me, HAHAHA. Well glad that you don't find any side effect, I hope me too when I get any type vaccine. Let's just hope all is good and God help us with these vaccine without any side effect.

About Sinovac, many country already used it and they also test in their own country. We have the number from Brazil, etc etc. So we can see how it's going. It might be not too good but at least that's what we have now and we really have no option.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(04-05-2021, 04:04 AM)tiwil Wrote: Fact that 30 causes get blood clotting and also receive AstraZeneca vaccine is concerning me, HAHAHA. Well glad that you don't find any side effect, I hope me too when I get any type vaccine. Let's just hope all is good and God help us with these vaccine without any side effect.

About Sinovac, many country already used it and they also test in their own country. We have the number from Brazil, etc etc. So we can see how it's going. It might be not too good but at least that's what we have now and we really have no option.
Yes.For the insuffient reports,that may signify the vaccine haven't had much bad side effects but yeah,they only tested healthy people - well you may doubt the goverment that may surpress the local media,but we haven't had reports from other countries or twitter trends(these medias tend to blane China) targeting at the side effects.So believe or at least hope for its safety.
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
I heard many of Consult Doctor's reviews on Social media and other Platforms that Covid-19 vaccine are not work satisfactory on SARS-CoV-2, and day after day the virus is transformed and change there symptoms and DNA. Virus fight hard to stay alive. 
In some cases the wrong Antibiotics are more helpful for virus and make him more strong to fight with vaccines. 
Situation is now so alarming. as you see the condition of Brazil. just some number away from America in death ratio. 2971 deaths in a single day is not a joke. 
It's attacking like a warrior. World is under war.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(04-05-2021, 06:10 AM)sagher Wrote: I heard many of Consult Doctor's reviews on Social media and other Platforms that Covid-19 vaccine are not work satisfactory on SARS-CoV-2, and day after day the virus is transformed and change there symptoms and DNA. Virus fight hard to stay alive. 
In some cases the wrong Antibiotics are more helpful for virus and make him more strong to fight with vaccines. 
Situation is now so alarming. as you see the condition of Brazil. just some number away from America in death ratio. 2971 deaths in a single day is not a joke. 
It's attacking like a warrior. World is under war.

And that's why the post-vaccation era still needs face mask mandates.Virus can have mutants and produce new strains which makes vaccine lose effect,but as long as the virus is still a respiratory disease then mask-wearing and social distancing offers great protection.

I prefer not to comment on the activities the promote easing the goverment's policies to control virus,but I do wonder how do the people "chasing the freedom" think.
I was quite shocked to hear on the news today that India has recorded more than 100,000 cases per day - wow!
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus...infections

Looks as though there is a surge of infections in South Asia.

Am much impressed however as looks like India has already vaccinated more than 80 million people.  So there must be lots of efforts, but maybe not enough relative to their over the billion population number. Still a great example for South Africa to watch. South Africa has not even got to 300,000 vaccinations yet. It still hasn't completed vaccination of all of the health workers yet. Let's see what is going to happen during this month.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(04-05-2021, 10:42 PM)deanhills Wrote: I was quite shocked to hear on the news today that India has recorded more than 100,000 cases per day - wow!
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus...infections

Looks as though there is a surge of infections in South Asia.

Am much impressed however as looks like India has already vaccinated more than 80 million people.  So there must be lots of efforts, but maybe not enough relative to their over the billion population number. Still a great example for South Africa to watch. South Africa has not even got to 300,000 vaccinations yet. It still hasn't completed vaccination of all of the health workers yet. Let's see what is going to happen during this month.

The United States is trending in that same direction where as yesterday we had 76K new cases recorded. This thing has been so politicized instead of being treated as a health crisis and that's why we own 23% of the global cases and 19% of the global deaths. I think we have nearly the 200 Million doses administered that President Biden wanted within his first 100 days, but I know people first hand who are refusing to get vaccinated.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
(04-06-2021, 01:25 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: The United States is trending in that same direction where as yesterday we had 76K new cases recorded. This thing has been so politicized instead of being treated as a health crisis and that's why we own 23% of the global cases and 19% of the global deaths. I think we have nearly the 200 Million doses administered that President Biden wanted within his first 100 days, but I know people first hand who are refusing to get vaccinated.

Yesterday I noticed in an Emirates Airline e-mail advertorial that they welcome passengers who have been vaccinated.  I wonder how long it's going to be for this to become a requirement of travel in addition to being tested.

Last night I was reading through the complicated details of trying to enter Canada.  Is it true that US citizens are screened - like only those eligible may enter Canada? I can just imagine them muttering under their breath, who wants to visit Canada any way - are they nuts?

For all air travellers (who are eligible to enter Canada), including residents and citizens, we will have to book and pay for a Government authorized hotel room for 3 nights BEFORE we depart for Canada.  In addition to getting a negative Covid 19 test result (test has to meet strict Canada guidelines).  We also have to register for a Canada App and complete all the details including submitting all of the required documentation before we commence travel.  

All of the Covid 19 Government authorized hotels are apparently within close distance of the International Airports in Canada.  You get tested, and then have to immediately go to the hotel, and stay in the room for three days or until the test result has been received.  The hotel provides you with 3 meals a day for the three days or until you have received your positive test result.  All of it at your own cost. You're not allowed to leave the room during all of that time - the meals are delivered to your room.  There are officials in the Government authorized hotels who check that people don't leave their rooms.  WOW!  Then that is not where it ends.  You have to go into voluntary self-quarantine for a further 14 days and of course provide all of the details in an app. And you may be called or visited by a Government official to check you're doing what you're supposed to be doing:

Quote:The Government of Canada uses the information you provided in ArriveCAN to verify that you:

arrived at your place of quarantine
   are providing daily symptom reports

You will receive live or automated calls. You must answer calls from 1-888-336-7735 and answer all questions truthfully to demonstrate your compliance with the law.

You will receive email reminders of your quarantine requirements.

You may also receive in-person visits from a screening officer at your place of quarantine.

Designated screening officers are contracted and trained to conduct on-site visits on behalf of the Government of Canada.

To protect your health and safety, screening officers wear personal protective equipment and will practice physical distancing.

Screening officers will:

ask to speak to you by name
   show their company identification
   show their authorization from the Public Health Agency of Canada, which may be signed by hand or electronically
   ask you for Government-issued identification, such as passport or driver’s license, to confirm your identity
   ask questions to verify you are following the quarantine requirements

Yeaks! Who wants to visit a country and go through all of this? It's too much hard work amd tpo much "personal invasion" of Government. Guess tourism has been killed.  Also, I wonder once they have a record of all of your intimate details through the app and monitoring your stay with the app - what happens with those personal records.  I wonder whether the info ever gets deleted at some time and how they are going to use it for their stats.  Like what protection does visitors have against the storage of their personal information? At what point does it get deleted?

Also note. The above has been legislated and can lead to incarceration or penalties up to 1-million Cdn$ subject to the charge.  Here's a paragraph about the penalties you may face if you break any of the Canada quarantine laws:

Quote:Penalties, fines and imprisonment

Violating any instructions provided to you when you entered Canada is an offence under the Quarantine Act and could lead to up to:

6 months in prison and/or
   $750,000 in fines

If you break your mandatory quarantine or isolation requirements and you cause the death or serious bodily harm to another person, you could face:

a fine of up to $1,000,000 or
   imprisonment of up to 3 years or
   both

The Contraventions Act provides police (including RCMP, provincial and local police) the authority to enforce the Quarantine Act. Tickets with fines of up to $3,000 may be issues for non-compliance.
Source: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel...quarantine

And to top it of course I'm in South Africa. And South Africans or any traveller from South Africa are more or less blocked from most countries because they're worried about a new variant of Covid 19 - thanks to England. Even when you have a negative Covid result you have to stay 14 days in a country that is "ok" before you can fly to those countries who are worried about the variant. This is what it looks like - 120 countries won't allow travellers from South Africa to enter:
https://businesstech.co.za/news/lifestyl...nt-travel/
Terminal
(04-06-2021, 10:20 PM)deanhills Wrote: Yesterday I noticed in an Emirates Airline e-mail advertorial that they welcome passengers who have been vaccinated.  I wonder how long it's going to be for this to become a requirement of travel in addition to being tested.

Last night I was reading through the complicated details of trying to enter Canada.  Is it true that US citizens are screened - like only those eligible may enter Canada? I can just imagine them muttering under their breath, who wants to visit Canada any way - are they nuts?

For all air travellers (who are eligible to enter Canada), including residents and citizens, we will have to book and pay for a Government authorized hotel room for 3 nights BEFORE we depart for Canada.  In addition to getting a negative Covid 19 test result (test has to meet strict Canada guidelines).  We also have to register for a Canada App and complete all the details including submitting all of the required documentation before we commence travel.  

All of the Covid 19 Government authorized hotels are apparently within close distance of the International Airports in Canada.  You get tested, and then have to immediately go to the hotel, and stay in the room for three days or until the test result has been received.  The hotel provides you with 3 meals a day for the three days or until you have received your positive test result.  All of it at your own cost. You're not allowed to leave the room during all of that time - the meals are delivered to your room.  There are officials in the Government authorized hotels who check that people don't leave their rooms.  WOW!  Then that is not where it ends.  You have to go into voluntary self-quarantine for a further 14 days and of course provide all of the details in an app. And you may be called or visited by a Government official to check you're doing what you're supposed to be doing:

Yeaks! Who wants to visit a country and go through all of this? It's too much hard work amd tpo much "personal invasion" of Government. Guess tourism has been killed.  Also, I wonder once they have a record of all of your intimate details through the app and monitoring your stay with the app - what happens with those personal records.  I wonder whether the info ever gets deleted at some time and how they are going to use it for their stats.  Like what protection does visitors have against the storage of their personal information? At what point does it get deleted?

Also note. The above has been legislated and can lead to incarceration or penalties up to 1-million Cdn$ subject to the charge.  Here's a paragraph about the penalties you may face if you break any of the Canada quarantine laws:

And to top it of course I'm in South Africa.  And South Africans or any traveller from South Africa are more or less blocked from most countries because they're worried about a new variant of Covid 19 - thanks to England.  Even when you have a negative Covid result you have to stay 14 days in a country that is "ok" before you can fly to those countries who are worried about the variant. This is what it looks like - 120 countries won't allow travellers from South Africa to enter:

That's somehow reasonable to prevent incoming cases as it seems foreigners coming here need quanartine too and some international students banned from entering here(I don't know the exact info).

"Vaccination pass" may be used however I think it's a confirmation on vaccine used.So some countries may not confirm SinoVac(for example,not reflecting anything) 's effect and treat the vaccined people as unvaccined.It is hard to be a global standard so things that you've vaccined a vaccine that is not accepted by the destintation goverment and forcing quarantine may happen.
(04-06-2021, 10:20 PM)deanhills Wrote: Yesterday I noticed in an Emirates Airline e-mail advertorial that they welcome passengers who have been vaccinated.  I wonder how long it's going to be for this to become a requirement of travel in addition to being tested.

And to top it of course I'm in South Africa.  And South Africans or any traveller from South Africa are more or less blocked from most countries because they're worried about a new variant of Covid 19 - thanks to England.  Even when you have a negative Covid result you have to stay 14 days in a country that is "ok" before you can fly to those countries who are worried about the variant. This is what it looks like - 120 countries won't allow travellers from South Africa to enter:

Yes correct, both Canada and Mexico are baring travelers from the US unless they quarantine for 14 days and have a negative test. I honestly do not blame them, folks here are wildly reckless.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
(04-07-2021, 01:25 AM)mzltest Wrote: That's somehow reasonable to prevent incoming cases as it seems foreigners coming here need quanartine too and some international students banned from entering here(I don't know the exact info).

"Vaccination pass" may be used however I think it's a confirmation on vaccine used.So some countries may not confirm SinoVac(for example,not reflecting anything) 's effect and treat the vaccined people as unvaccined.It is hard to be a global standard so things that you've vaccined a vaccine that is not accepted by the destintation goverment and forcing quarantine may happen.
Agreed @mzltest  I once clicked on a TV program where there was an interview with Emirates Airlines and the Dubai International Airport Manager.  And they mentioned the issue of having universal standards that make sense for every one.  All one has to do is Google it and it's like a Tower of Babylon different requirements for different countries.  Must be tough on the airport assistants when one checks in.  But who knows, maybe they have it covered electronically with flags and links to the country's Website requirements.

Still.  It must be making things more complicated and more expensive.  Also very confusing.  It's making air travel almost unaffordable for most.  As getting those tests done is also a cost to the traveller.  I won't be able to fly to Canada because of the extra costs involved.  Last night I worked out that the only way I'd be able to do it will be to travel to a third party country first and stay there for 14 days.  Ethiopia Airlines operate regular flights from South Africa (one of the very few carriers who are flying out of South Africa), and if one shows a negative Covid 19 test that was taken within 120 hours prior to travel, then there is no need to be quarantined in Ethiopia.  (or so it looks from their requirements Website). But of course staying in Ethiopia is costly and maybe even risky from a Covid 19 point of view. But OK one can then stay over in  Ethiopia for 14 days, and travel on the 15th day to Toronto.  Once there one will have to be tested again (I assume additional cost), stay in a hotel for 3 days (additional cost), then "supervised" self-quarantine for 14 additional days (also additional cost with ordering things in or doing it according to strict supervised rules).  Guess I'll wait until it's easier to travel.  Canada cautions all of its citizens and residents not to travel internationally or even domestically inter-provincially unless absolutely necessary.  Which obviously makes great sense as well in the current circumstances.

(04-07-2021, 03:13 AM)tbelldesignco Wrote: Yes correct, both Canada and Mexico are baring travelers from the US unless they quarantine for 14 days and have a negative test. I honestly do not blame them, folks here are wildly reckless.

OK got it.  So the rest of the world has to suffer too.  Tongue  Just imagine the Public Health cost tab as well as RCMP and other agencies that are involved.  Has to be a massive program with plenty of new job opportunities.  But yes, it must be effective as if one calculates the number of cases as a percentage of total population, US is still far ahead in numbers.  In defense of the US however, it must be much more difficult to manage 331 million US citizens as hands-on as Canada with only 37 million Canadians.  I checked and total cases out of the above populations are:  US - 32 million cases out of 331 million population (9.4%); Mexico - 2.2 million out of 129 million (1.6%) and Canada 1 million out of 37 million (2.7%).  Wow, I'm surprised.  If total cases are worked out as a percentage of total population, then Canada comes second after US ahead of Mexico. I somehow thought Mexico was in a real bad situation but it compares well with Canada. South Africa has 1.2 million cases out of total population of 58 million (2 %). If the stats are true of course, as possibly stats in US and Canada would be more reliable, like tests are more readily available and many more tests are taken than in third world countries. 

Seeing Canada has so much invested in this program wise, I wonder how long it is going to take for Canada to offer vaccination (at cost) to those entering the country as a requirement particularly for returning residents and citizens.  Even if Air Lines could offer vaccination, would make it a great value added feature with plenty of bragging rights.  Tongue
Terminal
Pages (14): Jump to page 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-22-2021, 06:17 AM
Last Post: fChk

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting