arrow_upward

Pages (14): Jump to page 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally?
(04-07-2021, 08:22 PM)deanhills Wrote: Agreed @mzltest  I once clicked on a TV program where there was an interview with Emirates Airlines and the Dubai International Airport Manager.  And they mentioned the issue of having universal standards that make sense for every one.  All one has to do is Google it and it's like a Tower of Babylon different requirements for different countries.  Must be tough on the airport assistants when one checks in.  But who knows, maybe they have it covered electronically with flags and links to the country's Website requirements.

Still.  It must be making things more complicated and more expensive.  Also very confusing.  It's making air travel almost unaffordable for most.  As getting those tests done is also a cost to the traveller.  I won't be able to fly to Canada because of the extra costs involved.  Last night I worked out that the only way I'd be able to do it will be to travel to a third party country first and stay there for 14 days.  Ethiopia Airlines operate regular flights from South Africa (one of the very few carriers who are flying out of South Africa), and if one shows a negative Covid 19 test that was taken within 120 hours prior to travel, then there is no need to be quarantined in Ethiopia.  (or so it looks from their requirements Website). But of course staying in Ethiopia is costly and maybe even risky from a Covid 19 point of view. But OK one can then stay over in  Ethiopia for 14 days, and travel on the 15th day to Toronto.  Once there one will have to be tested again (I assume additional cost), stay in a hotel for 3 days (additional cost), then "supervised" self-quarantine for 14 additional days (also additional cost with ordering things in or doing it according to strict supervised rules).  Guess I'll wait until it's easier to travel.  Canada cautions all of its citizens and residents not to travel internationally or even domestically inter-provincially unless absolutely necessary.  Which obviously makes great sense as well in the current circumstances.
Yeah we too.We are also advised not to travel abroad and the people who want to return here also need to be tested negative and require arranged quarantine in selected places (often hotels or something.I don't quite know the situation).And if you search in Twitter you will find many international students asking a chance to comeback.

Quote:Seeing Canada has so much invested in this program wise, I wonder how long it is going to take for Canada to offer vaccination (at cost) to those entering the country as a requirement particularly for returning residents and citizens.  Even if Air Lines could offer vaccination, would make it a great value added feature with plenty of bragging rights.  Tongue
Not very realistic until vaccine is muture enough to offer effective one-shot kinds but I've heard this is in development.And the safety and how to make the site assures compliance is a good goal to achieve.But good idea Smile
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
I'm not sure if this going out of discussion but i'm posting regarding the thread main question as i want to tell this information to people.
So Vaccination Drive has been started in Pakistan and it's kinda going good but i'm not sure if it's really going effective at the very moment. So i have decided not to get vaccinated until maybe june or july because the vaccine seems to be not efficient at all.
I have heard from my relatives who has got vaccinated that the vaccine has weird symptoms like alot of them said having headache and on second dose having bad aches. Alot of them said the same thing, So a relative got vaccinated like two doses and 1-2 week after he is covid positive so i'm not sure whether i should get vaccinated or not.

Need your opinion! Kinda scared af.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

(04-08-2021, 03:49 PM)sAmI Wrote: I'm not sure if this going out of discussion but i'm posting regarding the thread main question as i want to tell this information to people.
So Vaccination Drive has been started in Pakistan and it's kinda going good but i'm not sure if it's really going effective at the very moment. So i have decided not to get vaccinated until maybe june or july because the vaccine seems to be not efficient at all.
I have heard from my relatives who has got vaccinated that the vaccine has weird symptoms like alot of them said having headache and on second dose having bad aches. Alot of them said the same thing, So a relative got vaccinated like two doses and 1-2 week after he is covid positive so i'm not sure whether i should get vaccinated or not.

I'd be cautious too @sAmI. But am concerned that your Government is not listening to the complaints. South Africa had an issue with the first vaccine it used for its vaccination campaign. And after symptoms were discovered it was stopped. It basically delayed the whole vaccine campaign and the Government received lots of criticism for it, but the South African Government moved to a different vaccine that is more effective. So at least one can give kudos to politicians willing to not look good in the campaign as they were prepared to admit a vaccine was not working and got another one that is working now.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(04-08-2021, 03:49 PM)sAmI Wrote: So Vaccination Drive has been started in Pakistan and it's kinda going good but i'm not sure if it's really going effective at the very moment. So i have decided not to get vaccinated until maybe june or july because the vaccine seems to be not efficient at all.
Sounds good!.. but you failed to mention what vaccines are we talking about here?

(04-08-2021, 03:49 PM)sAmI Wrote: (...) but i'm not sure if it's really going effective at the very moment. (...)
I have heard from my relatives who has got vaccinated that the vaccine has weird symptoms like alot of them said having headache and on second dose having bad aches. Alot of them said the same thing, (...)
Those symptoms are commons and EXPECTED as the vaccine has to trigger a mild reaction from your immune defenses.. in other words, it's doing its intended work.. But all those various physiological reactions (fever, fatigue, chills, headache, muscle pain, joint pain etc..) are(/must be) all short-lived.

(04-08-2021, 03:49 PM)sAmI Wrote: (..) So a relative got vaccinated like two doses and 1-2 week after he is covid positive so i'm not sure whether i should get vaccinated or not.
It's certainly possible after just 2 weeks from the 2nd injection to test positive!.. Theoretically the total immunization needs 3 months after getting the second dose; that's why people are told to wear a mask!..

Besides, with the Variants poping-up everywhere, people fully immunized against the original version of SARS-CoV-2 can still get infected with one of its elusive variants.

The point of being vaccinated is not to prevent infection BUT to not get too sick to the point of needing hospitalization; that's to say that vaccination will prevent hospitalization and death in case of infection..

(04-08-2021, 03:49 PM)sAmI Wrote: (...) So i have decided not to get vaccinated until maybe june or july because the vaccine seems to be not efficient at all.
(.........)
Don't be!.. Just get vaccinated as soon as possible... It's silly to postpoint it if you can get it sooner... IMO.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(04-09-2021, 03:23 PM)fChk Wrote: The point of being vaccinated is not to prevent infection BUT to not get too sick to the point of needing hospitalization; that's to say that vaccination will prevent hospitalization and death in case of infection..

Don't be!.. Just get vaccinated as soon as possible... It's silly to postpoint it if you can get it sooner... IMO.
Agreed.The average protection (that are promoted by local media)rate of the vaccine here is around 70% but we won't comment on the rate and its reliability.The laws of most countries will permit an emergency vaccine use as long as the rate is above 50%,which means one in two people might still get infected but the cases will be milder,meaning less suffering and cost for hospitalization.

So my suggestion is to get vaccined too.Actually here we have a volunteraty basis but well,at least they call it "volunterary".People who refuse to vaccine might(I saw on twitter.Differs in area and not happening on us) receive daily text messages that promotes vaccination,and signs that indicates "this area's vaccination rate is above 80%/below 40%" are posted and some might experience restrictions for not receiving vaccine.
(04-10-2021, 06:42 AM)mzltest Wrote: Agreed.The average protection (that are promoted by local media)rate of the vaccine here is around 70% but we won't comment on the rate and its reliability.The laws of most countries will permit an emergency vaccine use as long as the rate is above 50%,which means one in two people might still get infected but the cases will be milder,meaning less suffering and cost for hospitalization.

Let me restate what I was saying in the previous post to avoid any misunderstanding as it's important to get this message across to people at large.

By definition a vaccine doesn't prevent infection, what it does is to prime the immune system to respond faster and stronger when the virus infects the body thus preventing any further evolution of the disease associated with that virus--this is why a fully vaccinated person when infected will be either asymptomatic or will have a milder case of the disease--generally not needing any hospitalization.

This means stopping infection is NOT the goal of a vaccine but helping to shore up the immune defenses in the eventuality of an infection IS -its definitive goal.

Hope it's clearer for folks out there..

The great unknown for SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 is whether an infected but asymptomatic fully vaccinated person can still shed the virus or not. The data are still missing on this point ... That's why wearing a mask is the answer for all people the Vaxxed and the unvaxxed.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(04-08-2021, 03:49 PM)sAmI Wrote: ...... i'm not sure if it's really going effective at the very moment. So i have decided not to get vaccinated until maybe june or july because the vaccine seems to be not efficient at all.

I think it shall depend on how soon the 2nd generation of Covid-19 vaccines will be available.

It is said that the 2nd generation vaccines will become more effective for different Covid-19 variants, and will likely to have lesser side effects.

But it seems it still takes some more time for those 2nd generation vaccines to develop. So, although the current Covid-19 vaccines are far from perfect, it is still better to get vaccinated now for basic protection first, if you feel you need it. Smile

(04-10-2021, 03:41 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: I think it shall depend on how soon the 2nd generation of Covid-19 vaccines will be available.

It is said that the 2nd generation vaccines will become more effective for different Covid-19 variants, and will likely to have lesser side effects.

But it seems it still takes some more time for those 2nd generation vaccines to develop. So, although the current Covid-19 vaccines are far from perfect, it is still better to get vaccinated now for basic protection first, if you feel you need it. Smile

Yeah.Though far from perfect you still get the basic protection.If you like in safe areas you can wait for the 2nd gen vaccine but if you live in a area where cases are in surge,better vaccine yourself than none as that at least the vaccines will mild your symptoms when infected unluckily.
(04-10-2021, 04:11 PM)mzltest Wrote: Yeah.Though far from perfect you still get the basic protection.If you like in safe areas you can wait for the 2nd gen vaccine but if you live in a area where cases are in surge,better vaccine yourself than none as that at least the vaccines will mild your symptoms when infected unluckily.

Coooooorrect. You will not be happy when one of your relative dead because of COVID-19 right? I have two already dead now due to COVID Smile. Almost lost even more.

Get vaccine ASAP when you can take it. You might be healthy, but what about your parents or grandparents? Seniors most likely have diabetes or others, and it can cause the virus effect even more.

Vaccine help to reduce severe case. So when you get vaccinated, most likely when get infected with COVID-19, you will only cough or sneeze. No need to go to the ICU or even isolation unit for COVID-19 patient Smile

PLEASE PLEASE get your vaccine. By getting the vaccine, when severe cases are reduced, you also help our med workers too. We don't want to have many more med workers dead. Our health system can collapse at any time.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(04-11-2021, 01:41 PM)tiwil Wrote: Coooooorrect. You will not be happy when one of your relative dead because of COVID-19 right? I have two already dead now due to COVID Smile. Almost lost even more.
Sorry to hear that.Hope them rest in peace.

Quote:PLEASE PLEASE get your vaccine. By getting the vaccine, when severe cases are reduced, you also help our med workers too. We don't want to have many more med workers dead. Our health system can collapse at any time.
Yes.Actually I think medical workers should be vaccined first because they are in top risk.(But if even they refuse to vaccine themselves then we need a careful look on the kind of vaccine used)

As the situation here,after internal test phase,the med workers are the first to take the shot.But still,if too many people not take their shot then still great risk to the medical workers as they directly expose to the parents,which also challenges the health care system then falling into a vicious circle.

The vaccines are still not perfect,but consider yourself whether be able to stay healthy till the 2nd gen.

I saw this on twitter:
https://twitter.com/i/events/1380905500578025474
Pages (14): Jump to page 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-22-2021, 06:17 AM
Last Post: fChk

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting