arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Apple too greedy?
(09-27-2020, 11:02 AM)LightDestory Wrote: Hell no, just look at their iMac Pro.
It is heavy overpriced!
Just look at amazon for the same specs and you will see an increase of over 250% of the final price.

Apple just lives over the money of its fan-base.

linustechtips actually did a good video explaining why the iMacs are so overpriced. (I think it was a video but might be on the WAN Show), anyway he explained that Apple isn't aiming to target the usual consumer group in their pro mac series, they aim to target the content creators who can actually easily afford that level of cost provided the machine is guaranteed to work everytime. That is the reason apple has that kind of Apple Tax on their iMacs. Other than that, Apple itself is a premium company and their every device is overpriced compared to similar devices in the market, and there's nothing wrong with that, there exists hundreds if not thousands of similar luxury companies having thousands of clients! Apple sells because their software is extremely stable and their security features are top notch, these are the two top things looked upon by businessman and elite users.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(09-27-2020, 10:10 AM)razma Wrote: ..... but big companies not picking up those softwares and using them even though they are open source because they are too greedy and afraid of the market competition that will come after.

@razma What Apple can provide to their customers is a full scale of nice user experience, integrated from both hardware and software.

This is not something many other open source projects focusing only on software can compare with.

(09-28-2020, 04:12 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: @razma  What Apple can provide to their customers is a full scale of nice user experience, integrated from both hardware and software.  

This is not something many other open source projects focusing only on software can compare with.

true other companies can easily achieve this if it was a "fair market",open source projects offer the software someone should pick it up from there then we will have actual competition instead of this apple vs android crap why this isnt happening ? because they are too greedy!
(09-28-2020, 07:09 PM)razma Wrote: true other companies can easily achieve this if it was a "fair market",open source projects offer the software someone should pick it up from there ......

Nope, I do not think other companies can easily achieve the level that Apple has achieved.

This is all about the technical ability, and is nothing to do with they are open source projects or not.

(08-30-2020, 02:00 PM)LightDestory Wrote: @xdude
Apple has a lot of commercial bounds with China, everything is likely made in China for Apple products. It is still unknown how Apple will price the new iPhone due to the USA import-tax but Apple has strong roots on these country and a lot of brain-dead customer that buy whatever has an Apple logo.
The main difference between Apple and the other companies, like Google and Microsoft, is that Apple force the use of its IAP system without giving an alternative. With Google or Microsoft you are not force to use for example PlayStore's IAP or Microsoft Store's IAP.
On Android you can easily buy a Netflix mothnly plan inside the application using PayPal or other payment systems, Apple doesn't allow it.

Moreover, Apple allow trasparency: you can't inform the customer about the Apple-tax, you can't advert to "buy the X via browser because inside the app there is a 30% more"...

The thing about Apple is they target a certain audience who can afford expensive items. It even becomes like a cult. They just keep a few products and don't even bother about other market shares unlike companies like Samsung. As long as there is an Apple fan base that keeps buying new Apple phones they won't care about anything else. Many Apple phone users who I have met really want to keep up with the latest Apple releases. I think like 5-6 years ago iPhones were really good or even better than flagship-level phones of other brands. But today I don't think it's still the same. You can buy a better phone for a cheaper price.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(09-29-2020, 03:37 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: Nope, I do not think other companies can easily achieve the level that Apple has achieved.  

This is all about the technical ability, and is nothing to do with they are open source projects or not.
it can be done in china with decent quality ofc it will lack some top notch technologies, any one with enough money can produce  decent mid range phone i assume
(09-29-2020, 08:37 PM)razma Wrote: it can be done in china with decent quality ofc it will lack some top notch technologies, any one with enough money can produce  decent mid range phone i assume

Though I understand your sentiment, the iPhone is not a mid-range phone and it was never marketed as a budget phone. Yes, we've see the iPhone 5c and the SE and SE2, but those devices were marketed as a cost friendly alternative to the 8-series, X-series and 11/11 Pro-series. I know a few others have mentioned this around the forum, but with Apple, they control everything from the software all the way down to the smallest particle in the hardware and you see the results of that with the performance of systems like the camera and even the integration that applications have in the system. For example, when you take photos on Instagram in iOS, you see the same beautiful pictures you would see while using the stock camera app. While with Android you do not see the same image due to the hardware/software exchange that happens with Android. I do not think Apple is greedy in short, I honestly feel like I get what I pay for and they are not marketing a luxury product as a mid range product and tit for tat we see time and time again that sometimes you get what you paid for.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
Just as a new report: Apple isn't making life easy to Microsoft and its xCloud service. Right now Apple seems to don't give a chance to Microsoft to provide streaming game service to iOS and Mac users. Rumors says that Apple is going to launch its own streaming game service and doesn't want to give xCloud an advantage of first release.

We can only wait and see how this is going to end.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(09-30-2020, 08:41 PM)LightDestory Wrote: Just as a new report: Apple isn't making life easy to Microsoft and its xCloud service. Right now Apple seems to don't give a chance to Microsoft to provide streaming game service to iOS and Mac users. Rumors says that Apple is going to launch its own streaming game service and doesn't want to give xCloud an advantage of first release.

We can only wait and see how this is going to end.

The infrastructure is already there with Apple Arcade and now they have announced Apple One. I think they will continue to develop the platform now that there is a large selection of games and with all of these services existing Apple will more than likely be the next ones on the stage, especially with Apple Silicon Macs being developed at we speak.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
(09-30-2020, 02:30 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: Though I understand your sentiment, the iPhone is not a mid-range phone and it was never marketed as a budget phone. Yes, we've see the iPhone 5c and the SE and SE2, but those devices were marketed as a cost friendly alternative to the 8-series, X-series and 11/11 Pro-series. I know a few others have mentioned this around the forum, but with Apple, they control everything from the software all the way down to the smallest particle in the hardware and you see the results of that with the performance of systems like the camera and even the integration that applications have in the system. For example, when you take photos on Instagram in iOS, you see the same beautiful pictures you would see while using the stock camera app. While with Android you do not see the same image due to the hardware/software exchange that happens with Android. I do not think Apple is greedy in short, I honestly feel like I get what I pay for and they are not marketing a luxury product as a mid range product and tit for tat we see time and time again that sometimes you get what you paid for.
i dont think you get what you pay for android phones  have ridiculously over powered cameras  compared to iphone android dominates fairly  Dodgy , android have ridiculously  more ram more storage space more apps and more freedom over the phone you bought with your own money, plus iphone put  silly hardware and software restrictions and dont forget that apple intentionally slowed their olders versions of iphones to pressure its own customers to buy the newest also they intentionally injected their ios with battery leaking codes!!!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-29-2017, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Khadeer143

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting