arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS Windows Enterprise - Virtual Box - up to date version?
Last time we had a discussion - could possibly have been at FreeVPS, I managed to download a Windows 10 Enterprise Pro ISO image -
en-gb_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9060114

@"Hidden Refuge", do you know where I'd be able to get hold of the updated version?

I didn't use it at the time, but did create a Flash disk, and then saved everything for use later.

I'm now back to playing in Virtual Box and want to play with Windows 10 Enterprise Pro.  Would the above ISO image still be OK to use?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Starting from 2018 the enterprise edition is not "LTSB" anymore but it is now called "LTSC".

Quote:“Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC is designed for systems that have strict change management policies with only security and critical bug fixes. By using a Long Term Servicing Channel, you can apply regular Windows 10 security updates for specialized devices while holding back new-feature updates for an extended period of time, up to 10 years.”
Here an article about it
If you need the latest 2019 iso, here a magnetic link for torrents client:

Quote:magnet:?xt=urn:btih:369E0306EF42BA0A1463E914C8819C3E575EBE8E
They are "vanilla" isos. untouched from MSDN. They comes from one of my most trusted forum.
If you need mirror links from MSDN service of a specific iso:
  1. Go here
  2. Set "Select type" to "TechNet Evaluation Center"
  3. Set "Select version" to "Windows"
  4. Select your desired version from the list of "Select edition"
  5. Select your language on "Select language"
  6. Select the proper architecture file from "Select file"
  7. Click "Download" button and save the hash code for later verification.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Not much to add here for me as @LightDestory has pretty much posted all information already.

I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 on my systems these days. Despite being called 2019 it is actually based on the Windows 10 1809 builds. There is no Enterprise Pro version of LTSC! It is just Enterprise.

A note though about "Evaluation Center" stuff. You cannot activate these Windows versions usually after the trial period has ended. MSDN ISOs however are normal ISOs of DVDs you would basically get when buying Windows and these of course can be activated easily with a key.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
guys,
i have a iso of s version of this saved as
en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_74865958.iso

now i see this name in the magnet link iso collection.

on the other hand, TechNet Evaluation Center version has this name here,
17763.107.101029-1455.rs5_release_svc_refresh_CLIENT_LTSC_EVAL_x64FRE_en-us.iso

I wonder if the technet eval version is latest ?

also how long will i be able to use it before a reinstall is required? please tell me about rearming etc. i want the ltsc eval version specific info.

thanks
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
@"Hidden Refuge"

Quote:A note though about "Evaluation Center" stuff. You cannot activate these Windows versions usually after the trial period has ended. MSDN ISOs however are normal ISOs of DVDs you would basically get when buying Windows and these of course can be activated easily with a key.
I checked the Enterprise ISOs provided by the tech-bench I linked, unfortunately they are "Evaluation" editions (I will demonstrate that below), they can't be activated nor upgraded to "normal edition". So after 180/90 days you are done. However they works like the "normal edition" so they are also suitable to play around with VMs.
@rudra 
Quote:i have a iso of s version of this saved as

en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_74865958.iso

The S edition for consumer Windows 10 was a locked edition that couldn't run win32 application. What means the S for Enterprise edition? 
  • 17763.107.101029-1455.rs5_release_svc_refresh_CLIENTENTERPRISEEVAL_OEMRET_x64FRE_en-us.iso (From Tech-Bench by WZT)
    Index : 1
    Name : Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation
    Description : Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation
    Size : 14.588.248.978 bytes
    WIM Bootable : No
    Architecture : x64
    Hal : <undefined>
    Version : 10.0.17763
    ServicePack Build : 107
    ServicePack Level : 0
    Edition : EnterpriseEval
    Installation : Client
    ProductType : WinNT
    ProductSuite : Terminal Server
    System Root : WINDOWS
    Directories : 19398
    Files : 89642
    Created : 30/10/2018 - 00:53:33
    Modified : 30/10/2018 - 01:12:45
    Languages :
            en-US (Default)
  • en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_74865958.iso (From magnetic collection)
    Index : 1
    Name : Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC
    Description : Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC
    Size : 12.684.483.229 bytes
    ServicePack Build : 1
    Edition : EnterpriseS
    Directories : 17387
    Files : 75395
    Created : 15/09/2018 - 11:26:40
    Modified : 15/09/2018 - 11:41:41
    Languages :
            en-US (Default)

Index : 2
    Name : Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSC
    Description : Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSC
    Size : 12.269.201.471 bytes
    ServicePack Build : 1
    Edition : EnterpriseSN
    Directories : 17054
    Files : 73593
    Created : 15/09/2018 - 11:25:57
    Modified : 15/09/2018 - 11:42:03
    Languages :
            en-US (Default)
As you can see the ISO from Tech-Bench has only 1 index and it is clearly defined as Evaluation. Meanwhile the iso from magnetic collections has the usual 2 indexes. As you can see both iso contains the same Windows build 10.0.17763

Here the activation report from a clean install of tech-bench iso:
[Image: Cattura.png]

Getting a Enterprise ISO seems a little tricky, all the ISOs for Windows and Microsoft Office from that Tech-Bench are all genuine Retail (convertible to VL) edition from MSDN. My theory is that Enterprise is not available from "customer" MSDN. So only business clients can access to that isos. 

But I have to say that we are on 2019... you can get them is "some ways" by just searching Windows 10 Enterprise [BUILD] iso download/torrent and you will get it. Checksums hashes are really easy to get, so you can check if what you downloaded is genuine.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(08-31-2019, 07:55 AM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 on my systems these days. Despite being called 2019 it is actually based on the Windows 10 1809 builds. There is no Enterprise Pro version of LTSC! It is just Enterprise.
Thanks for responding @"Hidden Refuge" also @LightDestory for the status update and download links.

@"Hidden Refuge" do I need an updated version, or will I still be able to use the 2016 version?  Would it require a license eventually, i.e. what is the status of the 2016 version.  I realize it is different now and most of every one is using the 2019 updated version, but just wondering whether it can still be OK to use the 2016 version and what the consequences of the use of the older version would be?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
The 2019 LTSC build has all the new features that were introduced after the 2016 LTSB. That's the difference. If you don't need the features you're fine with the 2016 LTSB. Mainstream support for 2016 LTSB ends somewhere in 2020 and then it gets extended support til 2025. Of course for 2019 the support ends much later + extended support also ending much later.
(08-31-2019, 04:28 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: The 2019 LTSC build has all the new features that were introduced after the 2016 LTSB.
What's the difference between them? I unknowingly downloaded a LTSB version when windows 10 first came out then I bought and activated s home version later on. What are the extra features to you get?
I think the evaluation centre is different band it's trial version you cannot activate it later on.
@adgod

The difference between LTSB and LTSC are the Windows 10 builds they are based on and therefore the features that were included in these Windows 10 builds. Other than these two are exactly the same as any other normal Windows 10 version based on the same builds. The only exclusions being that LTSB/LTSC only receive security updates and no feature updates. The second exclusion being that LTSB/LTSC come without the Windows 10 app bloatware and without the Windows Store. That usually means a better running system due to less junk and less issues (because of no feature upgrade "Windows reinstallations").

Also
Quote:Mainstream support for 2016 LTSB ends somewhere in 2020 and then it gets extended support til 2025. Of course for 2019 the support ends much later + extended support also ending much later.

LTSB 2016 = Windows 10 Build 1607
LTSC 2019 = Windows 10 Build 1809

Which features are included in 1607 and 1809 is something I leave up to you to look up. The Internet is rich of information in this regard. Of course the build 1809 also includes all the features from previous builds.

I don't know how one can unknowingly download a very special Windows 10 version that is not even remotely available to the normal end user. And especially not when Windows 10 came out as LTSB was introduced several years later.

The evaluation center is what it says it is. The evaluation products are made for testing and therefore cannot be turned into a normal version. You need to get different ISOs that are either retail or volume license installations.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting