arrow_upward

Membership recruitment drive, posts and possibility of adding a 2nd VPS
Overall position of world at this time due to corona virus is somewhat the reason of inactivity of this as i myself unable to give time to posts which results in getting my vps terminated.
everything just opened after corona virus and everyone is really busy(That's what I think I can be wrong as well)
(11-07-2020, 07:49 PM)sAmI Wrote: I was thinking of an idea for getting people to post, like last month was really pretty boring for me. I know i even should post threads often,
I had this idea what if there was an requirement to post 1 quality thread each month for every VPS owner, And there is a small deduction from point if that is not completed, I know this would put extra load on admins but if something similar to this, You see everyone uses old threads to complete their posting like that movie thread. Even though i'm one of them i'm not denying, Last month had my pc down so could not post much.
This requirement could bring new threads and some activity to the forum! I'm not saying this thing should be as followed, But if something related to it would be nice.

This should be in Suggestions and Feedback section actually. Probably when Dean see this he will move it to an appropriate location as we already have section for suggestions.

My opinion about this is great for the forum since if one user create one quality thread, it can help the forum and the users too. Let's say there is 10 active VPS holders that posting 10 quality threads, of course in few threads some users will reply more than one. Easier for VPS holders to achieve 20 posts policy.

But, for me, this is very hard to do. I don't even know what kind of topic I should start. I don't want to speak about something that I don't really know. Speak what I know then? I think you guys mostly already know what I know Big Grin.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(11-07-2020, 07:49 PM)sAmI Wrote: I was thinking of an idea for getting people to post, like last month was really pretty boring for me. I know i even should post threads often,
I had this idea what if there was an requirement to post 1 quality thread each month for every VPS owner, And there is a small deduction from point if that is not completed, I know this would put extra load on admins.....

I am afraid the most possible outcome will be a sudden increase in the number of "low-quality new threads".

So, instead of making it a punishment if a member does not create any new thread in a month, I believe it is better to offer members some extra bonus to encourage them making new threads. Smile

(11-08-2020, 08:55 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: I am afraid the most possible outcome will be a sudden increase in the number of "low-quality new threads".

So, instead of making it a punishment if a member does not create any new thread in a month, I believe it is better to offer members some extra bonus to encourage them making new threads. Smile

I also like your idea! But that will actually work for a few months, Requirement "forces" people to do it. If there no requirement for even 20 post, I believe only few members of the forum would complete and no one else. What if there somehow a way to avoid low-quality threads? Like 
A word count or something, Like a person have to write "x" number of words. 200-300 maybe? 
I'm not saying this rule should be forced this would be a problem for people who does not speak english like really well. But this would increase the thread count as there are many good posters around here.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

(11-07-2020, 10:55 PM)Decent12 Wrote: Overall position of world at this time due to corona virus is somewhat the reason of inactivity of this as i myself unable to give time to posts which results in getting my vps terminated.
everything just opened after corona virus and everyone is really busy(That's what I think I can be wrong as well)

@Decent12  I can't understand this as I'd have thought particularly during the lockdown there would be more time and opportunity to make posts during Covid 19.

My experience is that those who don't particularly feel enthusiastic about making posts as a rule, would tend to postpone it as much as they can until it is almost too late to do so.  With regard to available topics, there are so many.  But again, the same argument applies in that if the member is not really that enthusiastic to post, then those opportunities may not be that "visible" as they aren't open to recognizing them.  

I'm also wondering whether looking for topics may be negatively impacted by posting with phones?  Like would it be as easy to scroll to the latest threads/posts that have been submitted by phone than it is available on a desktop computer.  Do members who use phones to do their Forum posting see all the latest posts/topics that have been submitted?

For me it would be great if those members who are in Discord Groups would do a good word for Post4VPS in the discussions.  But only in the company of those who look as though they like to post.  Like if one participates in a Discord discussion one can readily see whether the person likes to write or not.  They don't have to write prose, but at least show some natural enthusiasm for wanting to communicate with the written word.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I know this might take a bit to implement, but what if the forums used a recruitment system. Users that continue to make meaningful posts and say recruit 20 members (that's just an arbitrary number) would then be able to apply for a second VPS? This would maybe drive more users to the forums using referral links and folks might me more likely to use the system if there was a quid per quo attached to it.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
(11-08-2020, 10:57 AM)sAmI Wrote: ..... What if there somehow a way to avoid low-quality threads? Like 
A word count or something, Like a person have to write "x" number of words. 200-300 maybe? ......

I would have to say I disagree.

Now this forum is running into an issue that we do have not enough active users.

Your way enforcing 200-300 word count in a thread will just make the situation even worse. Smile

(11-09-2020, 03:26 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: I would have to say I disagree.

Now this forum is running into an issue that we do have not enough active users.

Your way enforcing 200-300 word count in a thread will just make the situation even worse.  Smile

As you stated that we do not have enough members, There should be another way to getting them right! Atleast the people who are active here who owns an VPS post at the last ending days of the month and like in the first 15 days the forum is really quite. I do not really think 200-300 are you know too much for a normal user even. I'm not saying 200-300, But there should be requirement for opening 1 standard thread so the discussions goes on. You can see that at the end of the people are posting at the Last Movie You Watched and Last Song you have been listening even though i do post there too, But there are not just enough threads to participate in. There are threads but i dont have much knowledge about stuff to participate in. 

What i feel that people has also interest getting an VPS from Post2Host method, that is why there are less new members. Maybe actually now this is time to add something interesting to the forum so people could participate more into posting, Like i believe someone here posted a suggestion for adding "usage" for points.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

(11-10-2020, 02:20 PM)sAmI Wrote: I do not really think 200-300 are you know too much for a normal user even. I'm not saying 200-300, But there should be requirement for opening 1 standard thread so the discussions goes on. You can see that at the end of the people are posting at the Last Movie You Watched and Last Song you have been listening even though i do post there too, But there are not just enough threads to participate in. There are threads but i dont have much knowledge about stuff to participate in. 

I agree with @tryp4vps. 200-300 words/posts policy is not good at all. Guess what, Dean's post is only 244 words and it's that long. If we force all member to do the same as Dean did, it will make everything worse. I understand that 200-300 words is just a rough number, but if we force that much then it's very hard to be done for some user, for example: me.

I believe we should make more "Last Movie Your Watched" and "Last Song You Have Been Listening" thread, but not too out of topic of our forum. We can discuss about a VPS and that will be a long-lasting thread like two threads you mentioned. I see a new thread "Your First VPS Experience," it's great for us as we all have experience with our VPS. It may not be a long-lasting as first experience only happen once. We probably can make a thread such as "Your VPS Provider Experience" to discuss about experiences at many VPS providers. If we move then we have a new experience to share. Well but I guess that thread will last forever as long as VPS industry is still alive but not so many users will share as some of our user may not have the money to pay for a VPS or time to move their content from one to another VPS.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(11-10-2020, 02:20 PM)sAmI Wrote: ...... Maybe actually now this is time to add something interesting to the forum so people could participate more into posting, Like i believe someone here posted a suggestion for adding "usage" for points.

Correct. If we want more active users, we shall make our forum more attractive.

Something like adding "usage" for points will help make our forum more attractive for posters.

Something like enforcing high word count in a thread, or introducing stricter forum rules, will just do the opposite.

You see the difference? That was why I said it is better to offer members some extra bonus to encourage them making new threads, instead of adding new rule to punish them if they are unable to do so. Smile

lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting