Problems activating your account? Send notification email to: [email protected]
Host4Fun Budget VPS Hosting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Membership recruitment drive, posts and possibility of adding a 2nd VPS
(11-12-2020, 03:27 PM)tryp4vps Wrote:  Correct. If we want more active users, we shall make our forum more attractive.

Something like adding "usage" for points will help make our forum more attractive for posters.

Something like enforcing high word count in a thread, or introducing stricter forum rules, will just do the opposite.

You see the difference? That was why I said it is better to offer members some extra bonus to encourage them making new threads, instead of adding new rule to punish them if they are unable to do so. Smile

What if the rule is not enforced? I actually gave the 200-300 number as just a rough idea, It could be 75-100 even but atleast somehow. I'm not saying to punish anyone but just a small requirement maybe if people wish to complete so.
I also agree with the extra bonus thing!
Thanks to HostLease and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 18!

I think consistency in posting is a bit of a problem in growing the forums.

The monthly term and human nature to procrastinate or get sidetracked lead to the forums being somewhat neglected early in the month - then as the deadline approaches there's a flurry of activity as everyone tries to reach their posting limit. There's such a flurry of activity that people can't find all the new topics to post in as other topics get pushed down the listing.

The best way to grow a website is to get people to visit regularly. It's less efficient if people are only very active 1 week out of the month. New users will get bored and find something else to do, before they can can ever earn (and enjoy) their vps.This also means that administration has a large workload at the end of the month, with hundreds of posts to moderate in a short period of time.

I wonder if it wouldn't be better to set a weekly term for posting - say 4 posts minimum per week, and 4 consecutive weeks/20post minimum to qualify for vps. So some weeks more than 4 would be necessary, and if one could post in advance one week to have more time to do other things the next week. This system would involve a bit more work for administration, but the workload would be spread out over the entire month rather than all at once. And I would wager that new users would more likely to become regular visitors if there was regular new content on the site. Perhaps with the relative abundance of sponsored vps, one (or more) could be used for another moderator(s) to assist with the higher workload of weekly management?

I don't necessarily suggest we implement this system, but I do suggest that regular posting would increase the userbase in the long term, and I also suggest it's an idea worth consideration.
(11-13-2020, 02:46 PM)sAmI Wrote:  What if the rule is not enforced? I actually gave the 200-300 number as just a rough idea, It could be 75-100 even but atleast somehow. I'm not saying to punish anyone but just a small requirement maybe if people wish to complete so.
I also agree with the extra bonus thing!

If the rule is not enforced, then what is the point of adding a new rule.

But I am a bit confused with where you stand. Smile As you said in your earlier post, requirement "forces" people to do it. Now you say it is just a small requirement but not going to enforce or punish anyone.

(11-22-2020, 08:55 AM)tryp4vps Wrote:  If the rule is not enforced, then what is the point of adding a new rule.

But I am a bit confused with where you stand. Smile  As you said in your earlier post, requirement "forces" people to do it. Now you say it is just a small requirement but not going to enforce or punish anyone.

Yes, I did say requirement forces people to do it. The point i was trying to make that is, If this is added in the Rule list for suppose, People will have this mind atleast somewhere you know. I just gave you people a rough idea what can be implemented. What if people gets additional bonus posting new threads or such things which would surely attract users to engage and post new threads. If this "RULE" is introduced i am sure that active and good posters will surely love to complete this, If they will complete it the forum automatically becomes more active.

I just gave a small rough idea, For posting threads looking for more suggestions what could be done better and what could best attract users!
Thanks to HostLease and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 18!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dispensation For User Who Not Completed Their Posts Requirement tiwil 13 447 11-16-2020, 08:01 PM
Last Post: deanhills
  Why are posts in the support forums not counted? Mashiro 11 1,067 01-19-2020, 11:55 AM
Last Post: perry
  Solution: to avoid 1 liners posts kabir145 2 594 09-27-2019, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Manal
  Warning: Be careful not to reply to spam posts deanhills 6 1,442 01-30-2019, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Littlemaster
  VPS Giveaway: Second VPS for 15-20 additional posts? deanhills 9 1,620 12-02-2018, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Dynamo