arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My VPS 1 Firewall issue
@Melvin i understand your emotions.But i also have great respect for our precious service providers.I don't have words to Thank Post4VPS and Host4Fun for their services for us.
I tried some other methods last night after my post but still failed.Listen my website are working well and port for webhost is working well.After searching hard i reached at conclusion that the only thing is left that maybe Host4Fun has blocked the game-servers.
I still Thanks Post4VPS and Host4Fun for their great services.A gaming server does not matters.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
(07-13-2019, 03:30 AM)Rehan Wrote: @Melvin i understand your emotions.But i also have great respect for our precious service providers.I don't have words to Thank Post4VPS and Host4Fun for their services for us.
I tried some other methods last night after my post but still failed.Listen my website are working well and port for webhost is working well.After searching hard i reached at conclusion that the only thing is left that maybe Host4Fun has blocked the game-servers.
I still Thanks Post4VPS and Host4Fun for their great services.A gaming server does not matters.

of course we do respect them, i didn't do the opposite but the purpose of getting a vps from host4vps to host my game servers, so if that didn't successes it will be useless, the issue that none could understand the main issue or don't know how to solve it..
Watch this beauty till the end..

(07-12-2019, 02:09 PM)Melvin Wrote: any other solution ? nonne solved my issue as i said i installed the web panel on a web hosting and agent on my vps the issue that i face is The Agent that is controlling this server is offline IP
Have you followed the solution of @"Hidden Refuge" below?  Working through your VNC?

@Rehan.  Did you follow @"Hidden Refuge"'s solution?
https://post4vps.com/Thread-My-VPS-1-Fir...6#pid28316

What I'm prepared to do by way of positive action is the following:

1. I'll delete both of your VPSs as well as user accounts, and start a VPS 1 from scratch for each of you.

2. BUT can you please first open a private inquiry request separately and ask for a newly formatted VPS first. And provide me with an alternative e-mail address, as we will need a unique e-mail address to set up a new panel account for you. Also let me know what OS you want me to load for the VPS.

3. I then expect you to follow the exact guidance of HR above. I.e. work through the VNC and not SSH.

If there is still a problem after that, we then go to the sponsor and provide him with the proof.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I wish I had more free time, to actually debug the issue(s) from within the VPSs, but since Saturday of the last week I'm working basically from 7 am till 7 - 9pm. Sorry lads.

@deanhills

I don't think following my guide is any help in this case. The default OpenVZ iptables firewall setup is to ACCEPT all connections on all interfaces and chains. So if the game server still won't work with the wide open firewall my guide is going to be pointless because it will not change anything that would magically allow the game server to work. In fact it makes the firewall way stricter and would require additional rules to open the ports for the game servers.

Based on older threads by @Melvin about the same issue I could confirm that even with the default open firewall it isn't working. It could be a general issue with the game servers that needs to be found from within the VPS. However it could also be just that the provider is doing something to prevent game servers to be reachable.

Working with the control panel VNC or emergency SSH is just important when initially setting up the firewall by the way. After you have setup the firewall and everything works properly you can stop using the control panel VNC or emergency SSH.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(07-15-2019, 06:03 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: I wish I had more free time, to actually debug the issue(s) from within the VPSs, but since Saturday of the last week I'm working basically from 7 am till 7 - 9pm. Sorry lads.

@deanhills

I don't think following my guide is any help in this case. The default OpenVZ iptables firewall setup is to ACCEPT all connections on all interfaces and chains. So if the game server still won't work with the wide open firewall my guide is going to be pointless because it will not change anything that would magically allow the game server to work. In fact it makes the firewall way stricter and would require additional rules to open the ports for the game servers.

Based on older threads by @Melvin about the same issue I could confirm that even with the default open firewall it isn't working. It could be a general issue with the game servers that needs to be found from within the VPS. However it could also be just that the provider is doing something to prevent game servers to be reachable.

Working with the control panel VNC or emergency SSH is just important when initially setting up the firewall by the way. After you have setup the firewall and everything works properly you can stop using the control panel VNC or emergency SSH.

now hidden share my opinion not only him and some experts that i know do the same, because the issue is from the vps and even reform it it doesn't solve the issue. some internal issues. from the inside that none can fix only the developers can. Wish Hiddden would figure it out when he got free time, so none would face the same issue anymore.
Watch this beauty till the end..

(07-15-2019, 06:03 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: I don't think following my guide is any help in this case. The default OpenVZ iptables firewall setup is to ACCEPT all connections on all interfaces and chains. So if the game server still won't work with the wide open firewall my guide is going to be pointless because it will not change anything that would magically allow the game server to work. In fact it makes the firewall way stricter and would require additional rules to open the ports for the game servers.

Thanks for your valuable input above @"Hidden Refuge".  I'll ask the sponsor what his policy is with regard to games servers.  And if games servers are allowed, whether he can fix it so that games servers will be reachable.

@Rehan - thank you for your effort in documenting your experience.  This is much appreciated.  @Melvinobviously there is no need for you to try to do the same as @Rehan. You can go ahead and use your "new" VPS, but possibly it will be a wasted effort if you should try and install a games server on it.  Let's wait until we hear back from the sponsor of VPS 1.  I've written to the sponsor and asked whether there has been a change in the Games Server policy, and if not, whether he can help with setting up the VPSs so that the games servers will be reachable.

I'll report his feedback in this thread.
Terminal
Host4Fun says that Games Servers are allowed.  The solution has to be with the Games Server and how it has been set up.  He also suggested that the users should pay attention to the right OS and right OS Version for the particular Games Server they are installing.  So is it possible for you to check discussion forums of the particular games server you want to load, and what OS needs to be used for it and the Version of the OS?

host4fun Wrote:Hi

We do not have any restriction from our side.
If the VPS is not working after installing the game server , there is nothing much we can do .
Most probably there is issue with the installation of game server. Might want to try with different OS/version .
Terminal
@deanhills Thanks for your support.As our sponsor said that it maybe be a problem in game server, i don't think a game server require specific OS.In this giveaway when i won the VPS 9 i hosted the same server scripts on Ubuntu and Debian without any problem.In last month i had a VPS with Centos and server was working well.It means that this is not problem in gaming server scripts.
I have noticed another thing, during some intervals of time server is visible to some players.Look i am still unable to reach the server from 3 different locations while today when i restored the screen ( server terminal ).Its logs is showing that a player connected to the server.It means it is visible sometime to some specific IP's. I don't know what is the problem.
@Melvin can you please tell us which Game Server are you trying to host?

EDIT: It is visible to me right now.I have asked my friends to check if the server is visible to them from 4 different countries location.Server is not visible to them.I have asked a Indian, Russian, Pakistani and Bangali friend at the same time when server is visible to me.

Thanks @Rehan. What you say makes sense. Also what @Hidden says. I get the feeling (maybe right or wrong) that although host4fun has no objection to people putting game servers on their VPS, that they do it at their own risk. The sponsor won't go out of his way (like Jordy does with VPS 16) to investigate the matter to make Game Servers work. So maybe we need to make our peace that VPS 1 is not an ideal VPS for Game Servers.

Also, while I was making my inquiries, the sponsor informed me that from end of this month we won't have a reseller panel any longer. This means of course that VPS 1 holders will no longer have their own panel and will have to ask for support.

If you are looking for a good VPS for games servers, possibly you need to check out the options at our next Giveaway and see what will work for you.
Terminal
Alright! @deanhills thanks for your support.I don't have words to say you thanks.
I shall take a look at next giveaway.I don't have things to say anymore.

lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-21-2019, 02:17 AM
Last Post: deanhills
03-19-2018, 07:39 AM
Last Post: perry
02-10-2017, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Arkiven4

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting