arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My VPS 1 Firewall issue
i don't know whats wrong with my vps 1 firewall it's blocking each site trying to connect it even i tired to change the os multiple time i doesn't work
i really need a quick solution for my issue my primary issue is i installed agent on my vps and tired to connect it with different OGP web panel on a different site[Image: fFsAYCu.png]
my os centos centos-7.6-x86_64
Watch this beauty till the end..

You have to open the port on your vps so that OGP can connect to its daemon!

Exp
firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=12345/tcp -permanent
firewall-cmd --reload
Terminal
Solo Developer
The most common solution for one of the most common problem for ogp is
Check if your ogp agent online.
Check if you've restarted your machine after installing agent (if not, do it) and then start again(if not set to auto start on boot).
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
(07-09-2019, 01:02 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: You have to open the port on your vps so that OGP can connect to its daemon!

Exp
firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=12345/tcp -permanent
firewall-cmd --reload

i switched the os now for debain 9 could you give me the commands again

Um, by default Debian lets the connection open!
But if you really need it you can use the command
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 8080 ACCEPT
Terminal
Solo Developer
I am facing same problem.I am unable to host my gaming server on VPS.I don't know what is problem.I asked many of my gaming friends and they told me that i should open port.
I tried adding rule with " sudo ufw allow port " also tried disabling the ufw " sudo ufw disbale ".
I don't know what is the problem.I was going to start a new thread for the same problem then i found this so i thought i should ask here in the same thread.

Here is the full information about i tried.

Used the ufw for opening port.
sudo ufw allow port
sudo ufw allow port/tcp
sudo ufw allow port/udp
I also tried disabling the ufw

sudo ufw disable

I searched the forum and found a tutorial about iptables configurations.I found a guide about its configuration.
https://post4vps.com/thread-2643.html

In that thread i started the steps to secure firewall.Unfortunately on step two when i input the command
iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
My SSH connections lost, i tried reconnecting but failed to connect.Then i restarted the VPS from control panel and re-connected but did not tried running that command again.

I have not started another thread cuz @Melvin is facing same problem.So posted a reply here.

@chanalku91 i used that command. ( I am using Ubuntu ) It shows bad arguments " ACCEPT "

About my Gaming Server, i am sure that is fine cuz i tested it on 2 different VPS's.I have tried all methods i found on Google Search.I think maybe Host4Fun has blocked gameserver.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
(07-11-2019, 11:53 AM)Rehan Wrote: I searched the forum and found a tutorial about iptables configurations.I found a guide about its configuration.
https://post4vps.com/thread-2643.html

In that thread i started the steps to secure firewall.Unfortunately on step two when i input the command
iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
My SSH connections lost, i tried reconnecting but failed to connect.Then i restarted the VPS from control panel and re-connected but did not tried running that command again.

Have you paid attention to the explanation of the commands that was under the commands?

Incoming traffic is blocked by default unless allowed through additional rules. --> Incoming = INPUT --> iptables -P INPUT DROP
Forward traffic is blocked by default unless allowed through additional rules. --> Forward = FORWARD --> iptables -P FORWARD DROP
Outgoing traffic is allowed by default unless blocked through additional rules. --> Outgoing = OUTPUT --> iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT

That means you have executed the command when directly connected via SSH. That's a bad idea if you understand what "blocking traffic" means and have read the explanation for the commands.

As soon as you run "iptables -P INPUT DROP" all incoming traffic is instantly dropped. This cuts all connections including SSH instantly. Be careful!

It would have been better if you would have ran these commands through a VNC or emergency console that is provided by the control panel of your VPS or a script that runs all the commands and therefore unlocks traffic to port 22 and etc.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
any other solution ? nonne solved my issue as i said i installed the web panel on a web hosting and agent on my vps the issue that i face is The Agent that is controlling this server is offline IP

(07-12-2019, 02:09 PM)Melvin Wrote: any other solution ? nonne solved my issue as i said i installed the web panel on a web hosting and agent on my vps the issue that i face is The Agent that is controlling this server is offline IP

I think that there is nothing left to find.I searched google and tried every single solution in google top 10 search result.I also asked my gaming experts none of the method works.My gaming server is only visible to me.I tried disabling the firewall, enabling and opening ports with different methods i found on google.Its almost 4 days i am trying to search for the solution. Nothing works i am sick tired and decided to buy an alternate for gaming server and use this for blogging.I am still searching for solution and if i find, i shall share.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
(07-12-2019, 05:00 PM)Rehan Wrote: I think that there is nothing left to find.I searched google and tried every single solution in google top 10 search result.I also asked my gaming experts none of the method works.My gaming server is only visible to me.I tried disabling the firewall, enabling and opening ports with different methods i found on google.Its almost 4 days i am trying to search for the solution. Nothing works i am sick tired and decided to buy an alternate for gaming server and use this for blogging.I am still searching for solution and if i find, i shall share.

@deanhills won't believe when i told him there is no solution for such a problem we want the solution, we tired a lot but after a hole week of searching and trying and reforming the vps thousand time its the time to give up and ask for a change really disappointing. 

Pages (3):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-21-2019, 02:17 AM
Last Post: deanhills
03-19-2018, 07:39 AM
Last Post: perry
02-10-2017, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Arkiven4

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting