arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parallel Desktop for windwos
Hello Guys,
how have you been, some of you might know me, well i was away for quite a long time, well nvm about that,
For those who don't know me i'm one of the earliest members of the community. i'm a fine developer have few projects, if anyone needed my help on anything you are most welcome, now coming to point
like the title says i'm looking for a parallel desktop software to work. i know it can be done in mac easily but i'm not sure about the windows i don't need something like VMWare it is just creating a separate VM which some time slows the VM down, also it force me to use a small square window to operate which i don't like much, also please do not suggest multiboot because its not possible to work on both OS the same time, i have Windows 10 Pro installed and i need a linux distro in parallel, Ubuntu 16.04 most likely but this might change

Thanks 
Regards
Hi Rishabh. Nice to meet you.

You mean something like Mate Desktop, Gnome etc ?
Thanks  @Post4VPS

(07-03-2016, 03:21 PM)Rishabh Jain Wrote: Hello Guys,
how have you been, some of you might know me, well i was away for quite a long time, well nvm about that,
For those who don't know me i'm one of the earliest members of the community. i'm a fine developer have few projects, if anyone needed my help on anything you are most welcome, now coming to point
like the title says i'm looking for a parallel desktop software to work. i know it can be done in mac easily but i'm not sure about the windows i don't need something like VMWare it is just creating a separate VM which some time slows the VM down, also it force me to use a small square window to operate which i don't like much, also please do not suggest multiboot because its not possible to work on both OS the same time, i have Windows 10 Pro installed and i need a linux distro in parallel, Ubuntu 16.04 most likely but this might change

Thanks 
Regards

Multiple/virtual desktops? Like:
 [Image: 650x300x00_lead_image_virtual_desktops.p...0ZKZGO.jpg]
That? If you're using Windows 10, just press the Start Key + Tab, and click "new desktop". 
If you're using 7, 8, or 8.1, this should help: http://www.howtogeek.com/195962/unlock-v...soft-tool/
(07-03-2016, 09:21 PM)meetdilip Wrote: Hi Rishabh. Nice to meet you.

You mean something like Mate Desktop, Gnome etc ?

i need something like this http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/ for windows not just the theme, i want to use 2 OS on same time, windows and linux

(07-03-2016, 11:59 PM)karatekidmonkey Wrote: Multiple/virtual desktops? Like:
 [Image: 650x300x00_lead_image_virtual_desktops.p...0ZKZGO.jpg]
That? If you're using Windows 10, just press the Start Key + Tab, and click "new desktop". 
If you're using 7, 8, or 8.1, this should help: http://www.howtogeek.com/195962/unlock-v...soft-tool/

No bro, didn't you noticed i want to run linux with windows not windows multiple virtual desktops
Why not try the Ubuntu on windows 10 thing?

I don't think you'd need the GUI of linux though.
http://FreeVPS.club - Free VPSs!
in ubuntu installation archive/folder there is an exe called wubi.exe you can use that to install ubuntu as a standalone program in windows. Or use windows hyper VM function from windows features. There is also some more tools, like virtualbox or any other.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
(07-04-2016, 11:37 AM)Conan Wrote: Why not try the Ubuntu on windows 10 thing?

cause last time i checked it was on insider preview and i tried it was pretty unstable for me,my laptop crashed many times in a short period while i was using it

(07-04-2016, 01:54 PM)karatekidmonkey Wrote: Sorry, I misunderstood....
You really don't have any options beside using Wubi to multiboot or @Conan's method (bash on ubuntu on windows).

i'm not a fan of multiboot, because rebooting everytime when i need to work on the alternate OS is annoying.

(07-04-2016, 04:59 PM)TrK Wrote: in ubuntu installation archive/folder there is an exe called wubi.exe you can use that to install ubuntu as a standalone program in windows.

well i didn't know about that, i'll look into that, thanks @TrK
(07-04-2016, 05:09 PM)Rishabh Jain Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 11:37 AM)Conan Wrote: Why not try the Ubuntu on windows 10 thing?

cause last time i checked it was on insider preview and i tried it was pretty unstable for me,my laptop crashed many times in a short period while i was using it

(07-04-2016, 01:54 PM)karatekidmonkey Wrote: Sorry, I misunderstood....
You really don't have any options beside using Wubi to multiboot or @Conan's method (bash on ubuntu on windows).

i'm not a fan of multiboot, because rebooting everytime when i need to work on the alternate OS is annoying.

(07-04-2016, 04:59 PM)TrK Wrote: in ubuntu installation archive/folder there is an exe called wubi.exe you can use that to install ubuntu as a standalone program in windows.

well i didn't know about that, i'll look into that, thanks @TrK

wel its sounds you need a secondary pc.
or you can get it like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXOaCkbt4lI

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting