arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steam vs Epic Game Store
(10-27-2019, 01:54 PM)Honey Wrote: I guess the whole idea is that according to French laws, people who buy the game also have the right to later sell it should they wish to. To some extent this already happens unofficially as you can easily find game accounts far cheaper than buying the actual game but since those are unofficial there's always that element of doubt in them, if Steam starts providing this feature for the norm then It'd be a gamechanger imo, games and accounts won't retain their value over the years as much and developers could end up loosing money as well
Software Houses and Publisher will ask Stream to change their current selling system: Steam isn't selling you the game, it is selling you a life-time and personal license to play the game.
This change will shut up all French attempts.
Easy right?

The problem is how handle the already sold games.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Digital licenses are nothing but a lie. You own nothing and everything can be taken away from you at an instant whenever it pleases the companies that own the IP. Nobody cares what you have to say and how much you have paid for the product you have just lost. That's the cold and hard truth about digital licenses and every digital media we can buy nowadays. Even worse with "always online license and DRM models". Games aren't as worse as movies are though.

Here are some great examples from subreddits that I browse on Reddit daily:
- https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments...purchased/
- https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/24/2093...x-bob-iger
- https://9to5mac.com/2019/05/14/itunes-warner-bros-4k/
- https://www.cnet.com/news/no-apple-didnt...-happened/

You have no physical copy of the movie or TV = you have nothing after all but you spent a lot of money... loss. Doesn't matter if you paid hundreds of USD to buy digital copies on Amazon or Apple for the movies/TV shows. If the company behind the IP decides to pull the license... it's gone and you're done for.

The very same can happen to everything game if the companies really wanted. Deactivate license servers.... shutdown all game servers and etc. Your game is worth nothing and your money is gone out of all the sudden. In such cases even your physical copy turns to trash to polutes the environment without further worth.

And I have experienced this kind of thing for games actually. Some games I bought digitally through a game store. Meaning no physical copy. Some day the game disappeared from the site and my purchase library. I contacted support and asked what was going on... License issues they said. I thought well, I still have the serial key... YEAH NO. The key was invalidated actually by the IP owner (EA...). I contacted EA via live chat just to hear bascially this "not our problem... get the f*** out of the chat queue".

I stopped buying games totally since a few years now. EA not going to get a single cent for their reused crap every year nor any other game studio. Bethesda is screwing up. Other game companies are screwing their customers by going to Epic and signing exclusive contracts. Greed... People get angry and back down from crowdfunded game studios. They deserve it very well! Breaking their promises to their customers or better said the people who made the game possible by being investors and believers. How ret****d and greedy does one have to be to achieve this kind of scumbag level?

So if I were any of you... I'd be happy to get validated on being able to resell my game to someone else and get rid of all the BS. But I'm as always talking against walls here. This forum is far too small. We see each year how millions of basically "brain dead" people buy the same trash football games from EA or other game series and studios that reuse the same game over and over again. And even worse... people support cancer like Pay2Win, Loot Boxes and etc.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Epic games can not take steam place nor any other store can. people are using steam from a long time and they are somewhat got addicted to steam and no one would really want to use any other store and leave their comfort zone.
there is no comparison since steam is too old for this
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-02-2021, 01:45 AM
Last Post: mzltest
04-30-2021, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt
06-22-2020, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Honey

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting