arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Premium Game or In-Game Ads?
Hey guys,

so today I had this weird question pop up, and I figured It'd be fun to take your opinion on it. 

Nowadays, we've seen a general trend that alot of games are following, ESPECIALLY mobile games.

More and more games are opting for free games with ingame ads and option to buy an ad-free version. However, in the past...from what I remember, old games generally tended to be either premium or ad free, such as Minecraft Pocket Edition, which is still to this date...paid.

What are your opinions on this? Do you prefer having an ad experience or totally a premium experience?

Additionally, what in your opinion has caused this change? Can we credit this to the rise of internet and digital traffic of the world?
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
As the situation here,games that are free to play but with IAP is very popular,especially in mobile.
Personally I think the reasons are:
- Free-to-play requires no money at startup so it is more appealing to players and if they agree with the game or want to "be stronger" you can purchase the game items however many games here is not enjoyable WITHOUT purchasing special items.
- They give you a quick thought before you actually put your hands on.Premium games need to be purchased before playing and usually not suitable to refund.
- Free-to-play games also receive continous cash flow because players can purchase anything at anytime,rather than buying an optional DLC at the end.
However Premium are often better than these Free-to-Play games.They are NOT made for money,at least not expecting you to before finish playing.
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
I think that free-to-play games on phone are just going to get worse. They are full of ads. I know that f2p games need to monetize somehow but right now we are seeing a lot of game prioritizing "paid" features over "game content". It is like they think how to get money before actually thinking about the game environment. They don't put any "love" into making the game, just looking for money.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(03-28-2021, 01:32 PM)LightDestory Wrote: I think that free-to-play games on phone are just going to get worse. They are full of ads. I know that f2p games need to monetize somehow but right now we are seeing a lot of game prioritizing "paid" features over "game content". It is like they think how to get money before actually thinking about the game environment. They don't put any "love" into making the game, just looking for money.

Yes and that's why I bolded my last word of my reply:  
They are NOT made for money,at least not expecting you to before finish playing.
Didn't quite know how your mobile games have been ,but a number of those free-to-play games that have IAPs often test by gathering some people to play and giving their opinions before actually putting out the game because they need players that are willing to pay these game items.

By embedding awarded ads is also a way for profiting and might be more acceptable ,still useful only when enough players are willing to watch,too.

Rather easy to make game,but not easy to make a good one.Novel-like games might be easier for less efforts put on programming,3d-modeling etc.But for FPSs,better look for them on steam.
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
I'll go for in-game purchase instead. Premium game means you have to buy it first before playing it, right? No-no, I don't want that. I don't want ads either. I prefer in-game purchase since I can play it first, and if I get addicted then I might buy it.

This is the same method that Garena have applied in many of their game such as Free Fire. If you take a look at Sea Money's financial report (Garena owner), they profit so much from game industry. They developed a great games that cause user to get addiction to the game, then money comes in Wink
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(04-03-2021, 04:49 AM)tiwil Wrote: I'll go for in-game purchase instead. Premium game means you have to buy it first before playing it, right? No-no, I don't want that. I don't want ads either. I prefer in-game purchase since I can play it first, and if I get addicted then I might buy it......

For most premium games, I suppose you would not have to buy it first before playing it. Because you could still try it first, of course with their version with in-game ads.

Like it or not, it is the trend. After all, nowadays, developing popular games involves heavy investments and these games companies still need to make profits. That's all. Smile

(12-31-2020, 05:37 PM)Honey Wrote: Hey guys,

so today I had this weird question pop up, and I figured It'd be fun to take your opinion on it. 

Nowadays, we've seen a general trend that alot of games are following, ESPECIALLY mobile games.

More and more games are opting for free games with ingame ads and option to buy an ad-free version. However, in the past...from what I remember, old games generally tended to be either premium or ad free, such as Minecraft Pocket Edition, which is still to this date...paid.

What are your opinions on this? Do you prefer having an ad experience or totally a premium experience?

Additionally, what in your opinion has caused this change? Can we credit this to the rise of internet and digital traffic of the world?

I'd honestly prefer the current model, paid version of the game with in-game ads and if I like it I purchase its premium version to opt for an ad-free experience and other perks. CSGO is a pretty solid example of this model. It was previously purchase-only, but now it's free to play with the purchasable prime upgrade. 

In my opinion, business strategies are the prime factor responsible for this change. You see it's always better to allow users to try out a sample of your product first rather than forcing them to purchase it first and play. This way a lot more users are attracted towards the product rather than a handful and others might wanna stay out fearing that they may not get the value for their money. This same idea applies to the gaming sector too.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-02-2021, 01:45 AM
Last Post: mzltest
06-22-2020, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Honey
04-24-2020, 05:52 AM
Last Post: humanpuff69

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting