arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend me a good antivirus
dean. you can visit iffy sites all you want. But please do it on a vm with virtualized storage and no direct outside storage access from inside.. on a good spec machine, keeping a vm is like keeping a browser open or something like that.

so you dump things on a storage from inside and to access those things from outside, you fire up some 'not realtime' antivirus and antimalwares from outside and run scans. May be even make use of virustotal on files of size less than 100 mb, just to stay on the safe side.

The other important thing to realize is that 'NO' antivitus is gonna save you from zero days and serious big effort infection campaigns. The security companies always play the catch up game. only being very careful and adhereing to a strict good habit can save you a bit better.

People often want an antivirus/antimalware that they can run realtime in the background and then go on being an ignorant kid with no need to worry about what you do ever. Like a digital mother figure to keep you safe always and lets you be free of stress and worry.

But by installing any antivirus, what you get is just opening a broad access path to your private digital world for another bunch of unknowns with just equal level of capacity of wrecking havok and profiteering from access to personal data. I believe the level of security you get in return can not even be at the level they have for their own systems and even those get hacked.

So why fool yourself ?

But the reality is that not everyone can find the time to regularly update themselves on security practices and so need to outsource that the best they can. Thats where they come and belong.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
i can seriously recommend:

avast.pdf.exe

i'm a user of them for years now. never had a serious virus issue. onlything is you need to turn all these notification off manually.
Though I in no way prohibit usage of anti virus/anti malware software, I would still recommend using your common sense when clicking on links that may look suspicious. I have never really used anything except windows defender since the last 5 years or so, and so far I have never faced any issues.

Also, as for the issue you mentioned, often you can search it up to find which exact virus you may have and deploy an exact anti measure for it.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and their whole suite. I would recommend them over and over again. Even buy it. They have saved my computers from virus/adware countless time when I need to clean my (((client's))) computer. I don't use anti-virus because I am not dumb enough to open skechky shit and use adblocker/privacy stuff everywhere.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
I didn't use any antivirus before, even reinstall windows in years, but 4-5 months ago. I let my cousin use my computer. I don't know which and from where file he downloaded on my PC, After few days i feel i'm a victim of spyware and i try thought why don't i just install any antivirus and then software warn back-to-back 8 times, Remove those files and from then till now i'm using Avast Antivirus which make my PC more slower because it really low specification PC but security is priority.

If anyone can recommend me a good antivirus compatible with my low specification, Please let me know.
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

@arsalahmed786 i have not used any antivirus for internet security.For common threats like USB or any other software i use Smadav.That is a lite antivirus and works very well for common viruses.
If you want to use a internet security software then i should recommend you to use Panda.I don't know about their latest versions but i still use 2010 version.I simply update and it works very well for a month.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
(06-23-2019, 07:47 AM)arsalahmed786 Wrote: If anyone can recommend me a good antivirus compatible with my low specification, Please let me know.

I think you could try NOD32 if you have not done so.

I remember many years ago when I was still using Windods XP, I had NOD32 installed on it. NOD32 clearly did not consume much computer resources. It was a very low spec P4 grade PC.

@Rehan & @tryp4vps

I'll try Panda and NOD32 next time whenever i reinstall OS, because it's really slow. I've noted down both of your suggestion first i will search about these softwares. Thanks for the suggestion.

(06-23-2019, 09:30 AM)Rehan Wrote: @arsalahmed786 i have not used any antivirus for internet security.For common threats like USB or any other software i use Smadav.That is a lite antivirus and works very well for common viruses.
I'm only worried for USB and internet when someone else use my computer. so your suggested software "Panda" enough for it?
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

My all time favorite is Kaspersky (I've been using this for almost 10 years!) but Bitdefender also got a good review as well.
(06-12-2019, 08:39 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: I recommend using Malwarebytes because they have an updated database!
And also their features are pretty much! But to try these features you have to burn your money

Malwarebytes
is probably the best hands down, in my opinion. I think they have come a long way but most people don't like to pay for antivirus. The only antivirus I have paid for was Norton. Norton is very intruisive and has windows popping up every single day for almost everything I do. While I appreciate the constant check-ins, they do get tiring.

Another great software is ESET NOD32, with the cool robot on the software. It scans web page objects, unspecified, allows you to watch file activity to see if anything has changed, and much more.

Here is a little preview of the client:
[Image: MPtjUin.png]

Most anti viruses are definitely similar,  while some are heavy like AVG and some smaller like Kaspersky. The free stuff is not always that great. Do some research on your top picks and compare what they do and you should be set.
Thank you Post4VPS and BladeNode for VPS 6

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting