arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Up to 3x free IPv6 only VPS by EUserv
(03-11-2020, 07:55 PM)fChk Wrote: The thing is that my ISP uses Carrier-grade NAT which makes it impossible to use the currently available IPv6-tunnel brokers (like Hurricane Electric) to gain access to IPv6 networks. I've read that the only one who could bypass that was SixXS, but it closed shop in 2017, Alas!..

You still can get IPv6 mate! You can set up a Shadowsocks or an OpenVPN server on your NanoKVM machine to get a dualstack VPN, I have the auto installer of Shadowsocks on my PC so just DM me if you want it and for OpenVPN you can use this auto installer HERE.
I have been looking for a free IPv6-only VPS recently, and this offer is really helpful for my development works.

And the EUserv free VPS specifications are also not bad. So I have got one. Still thinking if I really need 3x VPSes. Smile. Thanks HR for posting this.

(03-10-2020, 06:50 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: VPS Specifications of VS2-free by EUserv
  • 1x vCPU Core (AMD or Intel)
  • 1 GB RAM
  • 10 GB HDD
  • 1 TB per month traffic @ 1 Gbit/s (shared)
  • Network speed is throttled to 1 Mbit/s if monthly traffic is exceeded until the beginning of the next month!
  • No IPv4 IP address included at all!
  • 1x IPv6 IP address (/128) included for free
  • Container based virtualization (I assume OpenVZ 7)
  • Servers are located in Germany
  • Free 10 GB backup space (FTP) included
  • Control panel built into customer / billing panel
  • rDNS support, rescue system, traffic monitoring included

Servers provided by EUserv. You can order max. three servers at once. All of them for free for 0.00 € / month.

Get it here: https://www.euserv.com/en/virtual-privat...2-free.php

Supported OSs (Linux only): https://www.euserv.com/en/virtual-privat...ems-v2.php

Beware that additional IPv6 addresses cost money and also a IPv4 address will cost you!

You can take part in a beta test for 100 Mbit/s unmetered network speed however without a SLA. Which might mean you might get low speeds at unmetered traffic or they might cancel the beta anytime. Nothing is guaranteed! This can be enabled in the control panel.

Benchmark (bench.sh 2.0)
Benchmark started on Di 10. Mär 19:11:54 CET 2020
Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
-----------
Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 V2 @ 3.40GHz
CPU Cores       : 1
Frequency       : 1667.644 MHz
Memory          : 976 MB
Swap            : 976 MB
Uptime          : 20 min,

OS              : Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
Kernel          : 4.20.8-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64
Hostname        :

Speedtest (IPv6 only)
---------------------
Your public IPv6 is

Location                Provider        Speed
Atlanta, GA, US         QuadraNET       4,23MB/s
Dallas, TX, US          Linode          2,83MB/s
Newark, NJ, US          Linode          16,9MB/s
Fremont, CA, US         Linode          2,76MB/s
Chicago, IL, US         Steadfast       3,71MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          3,40MB/s
Singapore               Linode          2,62MB/s

Frankfurt, Germany      Linode          46,8MB/s
London, UK              Linode          44,7MB/s
Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        34,9MB/s

Disk Speed
----------
I/O (1st run)   : 107 MB/s
I/O (2nd run)   : 145 MB/s
I/O (3rd run)   : 138 MB/s
Average I/O     : 130 MB/s or .13 GB/s

Geekbench 5: Unfortunately Geekbench just exits at the multicore test without finishing and providing the actual result page. No error or anything. So a bit clueless. It exits at the same stage everytime. Probably something that stops it. It could also be caused by the lack of IPv4 (maybe it fails to upload results to the server - and for some reason DNS64 doesn't seem to work for it?).

Byte Unixbench: I actually didn't bother running this benchmark. It would take too long and I guess it would be terminated like the Geekbench benchmark before it could finish or the VPS might get suspended for high resource usage or something like that. Whatever EUServ uses / does to detect and terminate benchmark software.

These small boxes can be used to learn about IPv6 and how to use it with all your common hosted applications (web hosting and etc). You can use CloudFlare CDN to host websites on it that will be reachable over IPv4 too thanks to CloudFlare reverse proxy serving IPv4 and IPv6. Probably even more use cases available where IPv6 traffic and connections are acceptable.

You can access IPv4 content from the server without a IPv4 address by using a DNS64 server for DNS resolution inside the VPS (NAT64 is awesome!):
- https://v6tools.kasperd.dk/nat64handoff/service (Tested, working and fast)
- http://www.trex.fi/2011/dns64.html (Tested and working but slow)
- CloudFlare 1.1.1.1 DNS64 will not work!
- Google Public DNS64 will not work!

I tried ordering one of those VPSs to test them out. But I just couldn’t get it to work!

The site takes forever to load (no, definitely not just my internet connection). And once it eventually does load, when I hit the order button, it just turns into a spinning loop that keeps on going indefinitely. I was not able to proceed with the ordering process at all!!!

No clue what’s going on as many people in this thread claimed that they were able to successfully place the order.

Any clues?
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
The EUserv site is pretty much overloaded and slow since they started this offer. Barely usable unless you have time to wait for everything to load without always refreshing or clicking other elements. It works better at times. I had the same issues as you but it worked out later on and I really waited until everything loaded up without refreshing or clicking something again and again.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Is this an offer or its free for the first month?
Also can you make a speedtest and attach it to the post?
(03-12-2020, 02:54 PM)youssefbasha Wrote: Is this an offer or its free for the first month?
Also can you make a speedtest and attach it to the post?

I think it's recurring as Hidden Refuge said. Also as it's IPv6 only so speedtest won't work but this is the benchmark that includes speedtest

[Image: Screenshot_2020-03-12-02-03-06.png]
(03-11-2020, 11:25 PM)AmirGT Wrote: You still can get IPv6 mate! You can set up a Shadowsocks or an OpenVPN server on your NanoKVM machine to get a dualstack VPN, I have the auto installer of Shadowsocks on my PC so just DM me if you want it and for OpenVPN you can use this auto installer HERE.

Hey there!.. Thanks for your willingness to help; but you missed my point. Right before the part you're quoting, there is this:
(03-11-2020, 07:55 PM)fChk Wrote: (...) The only problem for now is that I still didn't find a way to SSH into those boxes directly from home; I had to use NanoKVM's dual stack to reach them.
The key word there being directly, so, if you know of any public NAT46 gateway or any IPv6-tunnel broker supporting AYIYA protocol then you'll be of a great help :-)

Right now, I'm using SSH tunneling via my NanoKVM box to get the job done; hence there is no need for the solutions you mentioned. Besides, NanoKVM explicitly forbids running VPNs.

Thanks anyway!
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(03-12-2020, 03:23 PM)AmirGT Wrote:  this is the benchmark that includes speedtest

[Image: Screenshot_2020-03-12-02-03-06.png]

Oh thats great, where is your vps located? Seems to be near to hamburg
@youssefbasha

The free VPSs are recurring for as long as the provider EUserv is providing them for free.

I have included speed test results based on wget file download test through my bench.sh 2.0 script in the OP post. This tests covers parts of Europe, US and Asia.

Thanks for the iperf3 tests @AmirGT.

The VPSs are located in Germany. The exact location is Thüringen, Germany.

[Image: HjmST0n.png]

Did you even read the OP post???
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Thanks for this awesome information @"Hidden Refuge". I've ordered three of those VPSes. Just installed the OS and I must say, it's truly amazing. These VPSes serve all types of testing purposes, mainly those which you might not wanna execute on your production VPS.

Even though it doesn't have a IPv4, it's still really useful for a variety of applications. Glad to have this VPS from EUServ. Thanks again. Smile
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-14-2021, 07:35 AM
Last Post: sagher
05-31-2020, 04:41 PM
Last Post: TimeRider

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting