arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS 9 - Scheduled Upgrade
Hello,
Today we received some updates about the VPS 9,
VPS 9 is going to switch its Virtualisation.(Currently We only recieved it for Chicago & Seattle Locations, Would update you guys if they go for other locations too).
So Downtime on 8 October, 2019 would be observed.

Here is the full info:
Quote:Your service with us is currently running on a virtualization technology that is no longer being supported after November 2019. We will be upgrading your service & moving it to a newer server with supported software.

What to expect:
Your service’s IP address will change

There will be up to a few hours of downtime while your service is moved

Your service’s data will be migrated and remain the same

Your service’s performance should increase

Although you are being moved to a more premium service, pricing will remain the same

Scheduled time:
Your service is scheduled to be migrated on October 8, 2019. Your service will experience some downtime between 8AM and 5PM, Pacific Standard Time. We recommend you back up your important data before this occurs. While complications are rare, they may occur.

More information (for advanced users)
Your service will be moved from our older OpenVZ6 node, which is reaching end of life. It will be migrated to a newer KVM node, with a new IP address. The OpenVZ container will be converted and moved over to this newer server. Your plan will become a “KVM Lite” package, which is our new line of services with features in between your current OpenVZ6 package and our premium KVM packages.

You will have dedicated disk space, full logical processors core(s) and it’s own kernel as a part of KVM virtualization, free of charge. However, as your package was initially OpenVZ6, we will not perform or provide any additional premium services, such as custom ISO mounts, or allow the purchase of dedicated cores. Your package will also remain Linux-only, and usage levels must fall in line with the fair use policy.

Please review our AUP for KVM Lite packages below:
https://virmach.com/terms-conditions/

Regards,
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

Good news! Another case showing that Virmach handles their services very professionally.

And particularly, as the Chicago VPS 9 holder myself, I feel extremely excited about the scheduled upgrade.

Big thanks to Virmach and @Dynamo for making it happen. Smile

Indeed amazing news as @tryp4vps said. Even more that I'm happy to be proved wrong in what I said in yesterday's post. Now no one will be running the VPS at risk bcuz it's being upgraded. On top of that, it's KVM do another great news for all of us VPS 9 holders.

And congratulations @tryp4vps, you're the first one undergoing this change, indeed good for you.

Thanks to all Post4VPS staff and Virmach who made this upgrade possible!
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Well. I googled to retrieve more information about this upgrade, here my findings:

Quote:It is important to note that this is only currently for CHIOVZ1 and SEAOVZ1. We are phasing out two of our oldest servers that need to be phased out in any case. We have not decided to follow this same plan for all nodes, yet.
So we don't know when all the current Post4VPS's machine will be upgraded.

It seems that for this experiment VirMach is offering the chance to choose between OVZ7 or KVM migration, but still this is nothing concrete. No plans has been yet decided for all OVZ6 nodes.

Reading the email you can see that VPS will be promoted to "KVM Lite" package, so the VPSes specs will change. I couldn't find this package on their website.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(10-03-2019, 02:44 PM)LightDestory Wrote: Well. I googled to retrieve more information about this upgrade, here my findings:

So we don't know when all the current Post4VPS's machine will be upgraded.

It seems that for this experiment VirMach is offering the chance to choose between OVZ7 or KVM migration, but still this is nothing concrete. No plans has been yet decided for all OVZ6 nodes.

Reading the email you can see that VPS will be promoted to "KVM Lite" package, so the VPSes specs will change. I couldn't find this package on their website.

@LightDestory  Thank you for the details.  I think @Dynamo has a special relationship with Virmach and our package with them is not completely part of the general announcements..  I have total trust however that whatever comes our way will be good and secure.  But yes, you're right that it's not completely clear what it will be.  When I wrote a support request to them a while ago about the upgrade, I got the feeling that the technicians are totally focused on the job.  The nodes on which our VPSs are located will be suitably upgraded.  I hope when they do, that they will also upgrade some of the OS like Ubuntu to be more current.  They were aware too that there is a need for that.  So possibly what comes our way will be great, but there is no picture of exactly what it will be yet.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
openvz6 stuck on kernel 2.6 and its inability to run newer software . now there is more reason to consider the VPS 9 . and one of the greatest problem of VPS 9 is resolved . but for who holding vps 9 right now probably need to change lot of A record because of the ip change but it is worth it for basically getting converted to KVM for free
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Here are some updates about the Chicago VPS 9:
Quote:Hello,

We attempted to migrate your server as scheduled per the emails sent earlier this month, but unfortunately due to unforeseen complications, we were unable to complete it during the scheduled period. Your OpenVZ server is currently online and accessible - however, it may have been down for a short time during the attempted conversion.

We do still need to complete the conversion, so we have the following options:

1) We create you a new KVM plan, at the same specification/pricing and help you migrate your data over (or you can migrate this yourself if you prefer.)
2) We will re-attempt the conversion at your preferred time if provided. Otherwise, we will provide a minimum of 24-hour notice before any re-attempts.

Please let us know if any of the above options suit you or if you have an alternative suggestion or any questions or concerns.

For option #1, if you would like us to move your data over, please reply with your root password in the "server credentials" field under the reply box. We will proceed with option #2 if you do not respond with a preference. In this case, we will re-attempt a migration on 10/11/2019 between 8 AM and 5 PM PST. If the migration fails, we may make further attempts with 24-hour notice. Otherwise, we may elect to proceed with option #1 where we will provide you a new KVM service with your archived data in the root folder. In this case, we will provide a minimum of 24-hour notice, and you may need to extract your files/software; if you have any issues we will assist you.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused,
VirMach Team

Regards,
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

(10-09-2019, 05:49 PM)Dynamo Wrote: Here are some updates about the Chicago VPS 9:

Regards,

Did Seattle successfully migrated?
It is now a full KVM VPS?
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Wow!
VPS 9 was taken from me because i used it on webhosting (OpenVZ)
I will rethink about that!
(10-09-2019, 05:49 PM)Dynamo Wrote: Here are some updates about the Chicago VPS 9:

Regards,

If I am given a choice, I would prefer the option #1 and move my data myself for my Chicago VPS 9.

Would you please help to respond to Virmach with this preference if possible?

Thanks @Dynamo again for help on this issue.

Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting