arrow_upward

Pages (4):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS 9 - Scheduled Upgrade - Rest locations
Hello,
Got another mail mentioning same upgrade for other VPS 9 locations.

Quote:Your service with us is currently running on virtualization technology that is no longer being supported. We will be moving your server to newer hardware to upgrade the virtualization software to one that is supported & improved.

What to expect:
  • Your service’s IPv4 address will change

• There will be a few hours, up to several hours of downtime during migration

• Your service’s data will be migrated and remain the same

• While the data is the same, software adjustment may be necessary

• Your service’s performance should increase, thanks to newer hardware

• Although you are being moved to a better service, pricing will remain the same

• For Frankfurt/Phoenix, you may temporarily be moved to a nearby location
Your affected services:
  • Post2Host-Phoenix, Post2Host-Buffalo, Post2Host-LosAngeles, Post4VPS-Dallas, Post4VPS-Atlanta
Scheduled time & information:

Since we are migrating many people to several new servers, it is hard to pinpoint exact times this will occur. The scheduled time, if available, will be posted on the scheduled section of the Network Status page. Otherwise, if we miss the deadline, we will update the network issue page with more information & a new date as soon as possible. In any case, if the scheduled date is moved up to be sooner, we will attempt to give you 1-week notice. For Phoenix and Frankfurt locations, we have a limited amount of space. You may be moved to Amsterdam instead of Frankfurt, and Los Angeles instead of Phoenix. If this occurs, you will receive a free migration in the future back to the original location, if requested. After initially checking the network issue page for your service's migration date, please check the network issue page again on the day of migration for further updates.

We recommend you back up your important data. While complications are rare, they may occur. Also, please note that you may have issues with your software, please check the "More Information" section below. If your IP address is changed, we will try to provide you the new IP address at least 24 hours in advance, so you can prepare. Please note, we will not be assigning any IPv6 addresses. Once again, any further updates or communication will occur on the network status page and you may not receive another email.

Other options:

Please do contact us if (1) you want to be migrated sooner, (2) you have any custom requests, or (3) you want to request a pro-rated refund and early cancellation if you prefer. We will try our best to accommodate you. Keep in mind, most new servers may become available at a later date so space is limited.

More information (for advanced users)

Your service will be moved from an older OpenVZ6 node, which is reaching end of life. It will be migrated to a newer KVM node. The container will be converted and moved over to this newer server. Your plan will become a “KVM Lite” package, which is our new line of services with more features than your current OpenVZ6 service, and slightly lower features than our premium KVM packages. Some known issues may occur upon conversion. For CentOS 7, some RPM libraries may need to be re-installed to get yum to work. For Ubuntu 16, there are some cases where your running services may need to be re-enabled for systemd to recognize them by using the systemctl enable command. With the thousands of different configurations, you may face a different unexpected issue, if you do, feel free to contact us for assistance, but please understand that due to the number of services being converted, it may take longer than usual to assist you.

Your service will have expandable dedicated disk space, starting above your current disk usage level, up to your server's current maximum disk allocation. This means that your server will appear to have less usable disk space and should you require more space, you can expand it automatically at any time through the service page. Your service will also have full logical processor core(s) with fair usage, and the ability to control its kernel as a part of KVM virtualization, free of charge. If you have a package with very low resources, we may also increase these so your VPS continues to run smoothly on KVM virtualization. However, as your package was initially OpenVZ6, we will not perform or provide any additional “premium” services, such as custom ISO mounts, or the Windows OS.

Thank you,
The VirMach Team

Regards,
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

I'd like to ask one question, the email mentions newer hardware, does this mean changed CPU/change in RAM speed?
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
Oh, what a great news!
@Dynamo Can you help me understanding some parts of this email?
1) What does mean Expandable disk space? If we holders need more space we will need to open a support thread or you will set directly the max space allowed before giving us the new vpses?
This particular point wasn't mentioned/it wasn't present on the previous attempt to upgrade Chicago&Seattle
2) Regarding the new KVM capabilities, we will be able to use the latest OS available? I didn't find any KVM OS list available on VirMach, site .

After getting the new VPS I will surely start from scratch the environment to get the best if newer kernel and systems
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Excellent news from Virmach, @Dynamo. Very excited about the migration, can't wait to be placed in the KVM Lite Package. I've backed up my data, and am eagerly expectant of a migration.

Also, good to know, our codes VPS's performance will increase further, thanks to the new hardware and of course, Virmach.

I'd the same question as @LightDestory's first one, so I'd rather not repeat it again.

Anyways, an amazing news from Virmach, which got us on our heels. Thanks again to Virmach and Post4VPS. Smile

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
VPS 9 and virmach are doing a lot of updates every month, and this has made everyone go to VPS and try to get this server.
Hopefully one day all the servers will reach the users without a second down.
Thanks virmach for the recent updates. I will receive this VPS soon. It's the best.
Thanks Post4VPS
What is the updated status of Post2Host-LosAngeles ? when it will be shifted to KVM. and is it necessary to make backup of files? or all this process done without any files miss place. Kindly update me sooner then i take my early backup. @Dynamo
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
@sagher I asked @Dynamo previously and he suggested that we wait until Virmach gets in touch with us.

So in answer to your inquiry, nothing has happened with the Los Angeles Node yet.  Dynamo will be in touch if and when Virmach advises they're working on it.  Which we don't know when that will be.

In the meanwhile you should be making regular backups regardless of work that will be done to the VPS.  Backups and the timing of the backups are your responsibility.  @Dynamond Virmach will do their best to warn you in advance of any work that may be done, but responsibility for the backups belongs to the user of the VPS.  You should be working on a regular schedule for making the backups.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Unfortunately Network status page isn't publicly available.
@Dynamo can you let us know if VirMach has already planned the upgrade of the interested nodes?
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Another good movement by Virmach. They're moving their old OVZ to new KVM. I think this VPS with new KVM can be pushed to the limit. We may also use Windows server (since it's KVM ready) with those 8GB. That'll be mind blowing.

How is it going? No reply from Virmach yet?
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(11-03-2019, 02:26 AM)tiwil Wrote: ...... We may also use Windows server (since it's KVM ready) with those 8GB. That'll be mind blowing.

I am afraid Windows OS is still not available for VirMach's VPS 9.

This is my understanding from the last sentence of their message:

(10-28-2019, 10:44 AM)Dynamo Wrote: ...... However, as your package was initially OpenVZ6, we will not perform or provide any additional “premium” services, such as custom ISO mounts, or the Windows OS.

Pages (4):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-15-2019, 08:05 AM
Last Post: Dynamo

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting