arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WallStreet vs WallStreetBets... IT STINKS!
(02-26-2021, 06:42 PM)xdude Wrote: There are plenty of people who invest in stock markets and currency markets without a clue what they should do. If you are inexperienced then there are basic rules to follow. One of those universal rules and buy when stock prices fell low and sell when rise.  But many do it the other way and lose money. Also if you want to get into day trading then you will be losing a bit of money till you start underlying correct vibes. This is why nobody should invest big till you learn it well. Plus there is the risk factor. How much risk you are willing to take.

Many small investors got good profits from the GameStop drama. Especially those who decide to take a risk and bought it while it was under 10 and rising. They bought it before the price goes high and exit the market before it hit the peak.

You're right about the risks with trading, I've also heard that when trading, (heard abt bitcoin), you should know when to actually tap out. You should be well aware as to how much you're willing to earn and when's the time to exit the market.

E.g., If you bought 100$ of bitcoin, and want to exit the market at 200$, then you stay with your commitment and hold those bitcoins until they reach that value. It might take a few weeks or maybe a few months, but sooner or later the value will reach there. You must cash out after completing your target. Some people fail at this and end up loosing instead of earning due to sudden crashes.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(02-27-2021, 08:16 AM)Honey Wrote: You're right about the risks with trading, I've also heard that when trading, (heard abt bitcoin), you should know when to actually tap out. You should be well aware as to how much you're willing to earn and when's the time to exit the market.

E.g., If you bought 100$ of bitcoin, and want to exit the market at 200$, then you stay with your commitment and hold those bitcoins until they reach that value. It might take a few weeks or maybe a few months, but sooner or later the value will reach there. You must cash out after completing your target. Some people fail at this and end up loosing instead of earning due to sudden crashes.

Yep. It's all about how much risk you are willing to take and how long you are willing to hold your investment without cashing it.  BitCoins crashed several times but always bounced back. I'm sure there were those who sold their coins with a loss because they panicked. Also, those who sold it before things went down. I think some people from both these groups regret not holding the coins. Imagining if you bought like 20-30 coins at 100 USD or less and have kept those till now. Smile

I think stock markets are not so volatile as currency or crypto markets. But if you want to earn more then you need to do day trading and take bit high risks. Right now I'm trying to do that. There are no shortcuts and everyone who start gonna lose some money while learning how the market moves. This is why it's important starting with a small fund. It's not easy these days to do stocks since almost all markets are having a difficult time with hard times started with Corona. But it's a good time to buy stocks though.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(02-26-2021, 03:40 PM)LightDestory Wrote: A new attempt is coming soon. The short selling is dangerous for both sides. Edge funds will lose money but also a small % of the 'normal people' who believed into this crazy war will lose money.....

I would not say short selling has to be dangerous for both sides.

Sometimes short selling is necessary for risk hedging purposes. It is actually a normal market activity.

In GameStop's particular case, short sellers was just doing it too much, as more than 100% of GameStop shares had been sold short. Smile

(02-26-2021, 06:42 PM)xdude Wrote: There are plenty of people who invest in stock markets and currency markets without a clue what they should do. If you are inexperienced then there are basic rules to follow. One of those universal rules and buy when stock prices fell low and sell when rise.  But many do it the other way and lose money. Also if you want to get into day trading then you will be losing a bit of money till you start underlying correct vibes. This is why nobody should invest big till you learn it well. Plus there is the risk factor. How much risk you are willing to take.

Many small investors got good profits from the GameStop drama. Especially those who decide to take a risk and bought it while it was under 10 and rising. They bought it before the price goes high and exit the market before it hit the peak.

Yep, I've see newbies sink due to investing all their funds at one place, price drops steeply and then it's gone. People need to master the bull and bear concepts before entering this field. Personally I feel this is one sphere where a high level of professionalism is required to make profits, so if you can't do it yourself it's always better to hire a broker. 

Smart investment is also the key. Putting in big amounts at a few places can be awfully risky than putting small amounts at more number of places. At least this ensures that even if a couple of your investments fall that doesn't ruin you as an individual. 

There are a lot of things to be kept in mind parallelly while investing, the ones I spoke of are just the basics.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting