arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web site speeding methods
(05-09-2019, 08:46 PM)hamed Wrote: In my opinion, using CDN is wrong.
and I .......

I would not say using CDN is wrong. I believe it should be considered on case by case basis.

For example, running large websites without CDN is a bad idea. Because it will hurt loading speed when a lot of visitors coming from different regions at the same time.

But for running smaller websites, it should still be fine without CDN. Smile

I'll be writing this without reading entire thread.

Use Litespeed. Yes, seriously. Even my web hosting is powered by Litespeed. I encourage my clients to use Litespeed, and if not, OpenLiteSpeed which comes pre-installed in CyberPanel.
I had my client who had loading speed of his website to 8-9 seconds which was then reduced to 4 seconds(after CDN + LS) and page navigation was reduced from 4-5 seconds to 2 seconds. This might not seem a lot for visitors, but for SEO purpose, it helps.

Even shadowhosting.net website is powered by Litespeed.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
(08-18-2020, 07:39 AM)Manal Wrote: I'll be writing this without reading entire thread.

Use Litespeed. Yes, seriously. Even my web hosting is powered by Litespeed. I encourage my clients to use Litespeed, and if not, OpenLiteSpeed which comes pre-installed in CyberPanel.
I had my client who had loading speed of his website to 8-9 seconds which was then reduced to 4 seconds(after CDN + LS) and page navigation was reduced from 4-5 seconds to 2 seconds. This might not seem a lot for visitors, but for SEO purpose, it helps.

Even shadowhosting.net website is powered by Litespeed.

Yes, yes, yes and absolutely YES!

I also use the OpenLiteSpeed web server which CyberPanel pre-installs... and the performance improvement compared to both apache and nginx is very noticeable! 

While i don’t remember the specific values, I’ve found that nginx tends to be the slowest (and it’s configuration hell... like seriously configuring it is a nightmare!), then comes apache in second place in terms of speed. However, OpenLiteSpeed beats both of them in terms of speed. This is all based on my personal experimentation of course, keeping all factors constant between each test, with a fresh OS install between them. Your own results my vary. Heck, even the benchmarks (such as the ones nginx has in their site) have been quite off compared to what I’ve personally seen.

Anyways the web server used is only one part of the puzzle of speeding a website up. One great method is to try to simplify your site’s code without affecting its functionality. Decreasing the amount of lines the browser has to load speeds things up.

You can also compress/shrink media such as pictures, videos, etc... the more you can decrease their file sizes the less the browser has to download = better speeds!!!

And lastly, you may also try re-writing it in a different much faster language. You’d be surprised at how much load speeds vary between sites written in different languages.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
(05-05-2019, 08:46 PM)hamed Wrote: The file format must also be JPEG. GIF and PNG formats are recommended for icons and other graphic sections. 

I recently discovered that google doesn't like these image formats anymore. Now it's recommended to use "next gen" image formats like WebP and JPEG2000. Here's the link provided by google's pagespeed insights:
https://web.dev/uses-webp-images/?utm_so...um=unknown
Honestly, I wouldn't agree with that. Personally, I like PNG and JPEG as they are, and my website's speed is good enough. I do not like WebP images due to a variety of reasons. And I haven't tried JPEG2000 either, to be really honest this is the first time I'm hearing about it.

In my opinion, the PNG + JPEG conversion to their so-called "next-gen" image formats isn't gonna be very easy, even most of those who can actually convert would refuse for obvious reasons. Smile
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
As already said, the best way to improve the speed of your website is use a CDN (Content-Delivery-Network).
Cloudflare does an amazing job with its free tier, you get a auto-minify and cdn services for free.

Unfortunately Cloudflare caches only html, css, images and js files, if you need to cache a specific file such as a music (maybe you are using a background sound on the website) you must create a page rule. Moreover caching such files can get your Cloudflare account blocked.

My suggestion is to think about what are you going to use and find the best compression/quality rate, with text file such as html, css and js you can only minify such files meanwhile with sound file you can try different bitrate to get a small but good audio.

Another suggestion is to "bundle" every thing can be bundled: your own js, js library, css files to get your website ready to go in less HTTP requests!
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Enable compression.
Minify CSS, JavaScript, and HTML.
Reduce redirects.
Remove render-blocking JavaScript.
Leverage browser caching.
Improve server response time.
Use a content distribution network.
Optimize images.
Pages (3):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-17-2020, 06:39 PM
Last Post: hamed
07-30-2017, 04:33 PM
Last Post: xdude

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting