arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
What is your favourite Desktop Programming Language & (Optional) Reason ?
I'm a super-noob, but I like Python and HTML because they are simple to use, although I don't code that often and I'm rubbish at it.
My "favorite" programming languages are C++, Python, and Java. All for different purposes.

(11-06-2015, 07:53 AM)Dudi Wrote: I really like C# but this is not free. You have to buy Visual Studio which is very expensive.
I'm planning to learn Python because others say that this a very good language and free to use.

You can compile C# for free using Mono although I've never tried it.
Python for sure. I really enjoyed learning it and using it while I got the chance. It's really easy to pick up and if you learn it well you will be able to use it toward learning different language while spending minimum amount of time.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
(08-01-2019, 04:20 PM)SRTerabytes Wrote: ..... You can compile C# for free using Mono although I've never tried it.

For C# development, Visual Studio has a community version which is also free of charge.

And I believe most Windows users would prefer using Visual Studio than MonoDevelop.

Mono is not bad though. I like to use it as I am a linux user.

Javascript is an incredible language. It can be run on computers and mobile devices, can be used in a web browser, be used by both the client and the server (node.js), and can range from a beginner to high-level language!
I am still far to call myself Senior Developer but on my life I used the following desktop-dev languages:
- Visual Basic .NET: my first language, at that time Visual Studio Express was a must-have for me, the concept of IDE was mind-blowing me, I always used notepad++ ?. Up to today I don't use it anymore, why? Read next.
- C#: it was a natural evolution from my Visual Basic .NET experience, I like it and I continue to use it nowadays. C# comes with Visual Studio CE one of my two favourite IDEs.
- Java: it is very similar to C#, and I use it when I need cross-platform support. Java == Jetbrains IntelliJ, the second of my two favourite IDEs. Recently with Java11 my idea of Java improves and I put it on equal position with C#.
- C and it's boosted brother C++: well, everyone in its life, met Segmentation Fault, it still scares me on my nightmares. But C/C++ are the most powerfull languages that I know, you can do everything you can imagine (but you still need how to code it). You can work on very low level such as hardware and bits communication to high level abstraction.
- AutoIT: a scripting language derived from C++, I use it to make script and bots that need to work over other application with manipulation support.
- Python: well, no semi-colon, error based on tabulation, do I have to speak about it? I am not a fan of python but I rarely use it.
I experienced also web-development but it is off-topic, so I omitted it.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Im learning HTML but im PHP is really awesome.
It can set the automatic bans in a page when u connect it with game server db.
Well I only know 2 languages which are C/C++ and Java , I really prefer Java since it is more efficient and idk fun to code Smile
Well I'm versatile with my programming skills. I presently know HTML, PHP, Java, C/C++, Python and JavaScript (not so advanced yet). Presently learning CSS and would love to learn C#.

However my personal favorite remains Java. This is because it is a versatile programming language. I can integrate it with my website and also use it to develop apps. Instead of learning Kotlin, I mastered Java which enabled me to develop apps.

There was a time when few of my friends started preferring Python (That was back in class 9). However as far as I can judge, Python might be rich in libraries but it's definitely loose on syntax. It makes language to language translation difficult.

Hence to conclude, I would like to say that Java is a language which is suitable for beginners as well as advanced programmers. Just love it!
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Currently learning HTML and love it, very magical...but probably not the most flexible.

Edit: I am learning C++ and Javascript, I have been looking into this for some time. They are extremely helpful.
Thank you Post4VPS and BladeNode for VPS 6

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-29-2020, 12:19 AM
Last Post: Decent12

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting