arrow_upward

Poll: What is your position?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Front-end dude
20.00%
Back-end dude
40.00%
Semi-god FullStack dude
40.00%
Total
5 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your favourite Web Programming Language & (Optional) Reason and Position ?
So, let's make a brother of this interesting thread .
Tell us what is/are your favourite web programming language(s) and, if you want, the reasons.
Speaking about web-development we can't not talk about a very important thing:
  • Are you a front-end dude?
  • Are you a back-end dude?
  • Are you a semi-god full-stack dude?
For this interesting thing I have set up a poll, so we can see which position is more popular.

I have opened this thread, so I have to be the first one.
I started my web-dev experience not so long ago but I will be frank: I am a back-end dude because I am naturally unable to perform artistic things: I am unable to produce any form of art with my own hand. I have this incompatibility since my school days: during art subjects my draws weren't so good.
A sort of exception art I am good at, or if I can say I excel in it, is technical drawing: I love hand drawing sections of item, 3D drawing, floors, building; I am also in love with CAD software for digital drawing.

Now you can understand why I am a back-end dude. If you try to combine me and CSS you will get a 1990 website style, I know few CSS and JS tricks but I can't call myself a front-end. I am unable to create nice UI.

So I prefer back-end & script languages such as PHP, JS, Python, ASP.NET and DB stuff of course.
Speaking of PHP, I am loving Laravel framework. And I like the recent news of P++ (read my post about it, if you missed it!)
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
I would like to bump this thread because I think that it can became a nice talking experience.
Moderators can delete my reply if they find my action against the rules.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Php because i code my website and app backemd with php and itis easier to usethan some of other language like javajs , etc

My position is full stack provably
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(08-21-2019, 06:18 PM)LightDestory Wrote: I started my web-dev experience not so long ago but I will be frank: I am a back-end dude because I am naturally unable to perform artistic things: I am unable to produce any form of art with my own hand. I have this incompatibility since my school days: during art subjects my draws weren't so good.
A sort of exception art I am good at, or if I can say I excel in it, is technical drawing: I love hand drawing sections of item, 3D drawing, floors, building; I am also in love with CAD software for digital drawing.

Now you can understand why I am a back-end dude. If you try to combine me and CSS you will get a 1990 website style, I know few CSS and JS tricks but I can't call myself a front-end. I am unable to create nice UI.

(....)
Hello @LightDestory!

In Web development, most programmers start in the back-end but end up fullstack. You see, the real fun in WebDev is on the front-end where you get to play with the browser's DOM (Document Object Model) using JavaScript. And if you really master JavaScript, then you'll love using it back-end (using Node.js) and front-end (in the browser) Like any modern fullstack Web developer.

Of course, playing with the DOM entails a reasonable knowledge of the HTML(5) markup language, CSS and various Web APIs.

If you want to do 3D programming, then WebGL is yet another spec.

Now, about me. I've got interested in the Web (as a hobby) since mid 90s, the scripting was then done with PERL; JavaScript has just been released by Sun back then. In mid-2000s, I got more active with PHP (I think it was in its version 3.) With the JavaScript rebirth in 2005/6 with the Ajax revolution (the Async way made its first apparition on the Web scene), I then shifted my attention to the front-end.

In 2012, when Node.js became popular and me being more fluent in JavaScript, then my fullstack status became a reality when I coded my own backend (HTTP server + annexed handlers) in JavaScript.

As for my preferred language, you would guess it by now, as it's without a doubt, JAVASCRIPT or should I say ECMAScript (as it's the official name.)
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
TBH I won't call myself a semi-god, but year m yes I'm your 'full-stack dude'. Wink I love working with web servers on the backend, with PHP being my choice. I use Python only for the backend of my Discord bot TBH. PHP does all the work with DBs so I necessarily don't need anything else to mess with. I hardly use ASP.NET. Well I'd read your post about P++ and I liked the concept too. Maybe someday I might end up switching or combining both if possible, but that's not in the very near future, as I'm quite used to PHP.

On the frontend, needless to say it's HTML, CSS and JavaScript. These three are the ultimate tools to a great website (of course you might use Python as the backend and use Django or Tomcat and Java and there are many such combos). For me, I'm more comfortable with the first there.

When I first began programming, I was more interested in the frontend than the backend. I still remember my first website where I pirated all sorts of paid games and made them downloadable Big Grin. Eventually my skills developed, I started coding my own web pages instead of using prebuilt themes and so on. Then came the interest in backend and eventually I started working with Apache and Nginx. And then it continued and stands at what is today.

In short, I'm comfortable with both the frontend and backend as both demands equally competent skills to master them, and I'm ever-willing to learn new things. Smile

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-29-2020, 12:19 AM
Last Post: Decent12

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting