arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your fastest mobile network speedtest?
I am not going to re-run a speed test as it’ll consume a lot of bandwidth. Which isn’t unlimited for my use case.

However, I did run a speed test on 3G (I simply didn’t have 4G signal for some odd reason) and as far as I remember, the results were:

Download: 105 Mbps
Upload: 86 Mbps

Not bad for 3G at all!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
How are your friends using these high speed internet? Is this your personal internet at home or your mobile internet?
(01-08-2020, 10:22 PM)hamed Wrote: How are your friends using these high speed internet? Is this your personal internet at home or your mobile internet?

The internet is great!
On the Router I can use VPN!

So I can use it to download lots of games, anime and movies!
Even playing games outside the country, without having to get a message This game is not available in our country!
Terminal
Solo Developer
(01-07-2020, 06:22 AM)fChk Wrote: > On the 4G-LTE (Long-Term Evolution):
Ping: 25 ms
Download: 60.13 Mbps
Upload: 22.74 Mbps

Updating my 4G-LTE record as of to-date :-)
Ping: 23 ms
Download: 65.67 Mbps
Upload: 22.99 Mbps

Not that big of a change, but hey that's my new record anyway! and I don't think it will budge from there any more.

(01-07-2020, 02:56 PM)ikk157 Wrote: However, I did run a speed test on 3G (I simply didn’t have 4G signal for some odd reason) and as far as I remember, the results were:

Not bad for 3G at all!
Those number are a bit unusual for 3G technologies!.. especially the upload link. Do you know which one you have?

4G-LTE is technically a 3G technology: a 3.95G (see wiki link in my previous post), and not a true 4G (that's why I always refer to it as 4G-LTE.) The culprit for all this wording confusion is the marketing spin by the Telecom operators.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(01-12-2020, 07:54 AM)fChk Wrote: Updating my 4G-LTE record as of to-date :-)

Not that big of a change, but hey that's my new record anyway! and I don't think it will budge from there any more.

Those number are a bit unusual for 3G technologies!.. especially the upload link. Do you know which one you have?

4G-LTE is technically a 3G technology: a 3.95G (see wiki link in my previous post), and not a true 4G (that's why I always refer to it as 4G-LTE.) The culprit for all this wording confusion is the marketing spin by the Telecom operators.

I honestly have no clue, this whole naming thing got me completely confused! If I use mobile data now, it says “4G”. However, as far as I can remember, when I did the speed test with the results I posted above, it was indeed displaying “3G”. Unless I might’ve forgotten since it was indeed a while back.

I agree, the speeds don’t seem all that usual for 3G.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
(01-07-2020, 02:56 PM)ikk157 Wrote: I am not going to re-run a speed test as it’ll consume a lot of bandwidth. Which isn’t unlimited for my use case.

However, I did run a speed test on 3G (I simply didn’t have 4G signal for some odd reason) and as far as I remember, the results were:

Not bad for 3G at all!

I'm confused about 3G which has a speed of 100 Mbps or more, because I haven't heard it in a lifetime!
So after HR explained the 3.9G technology I came to believe at this speed! ¯ \ _ (ツ) _ / ¯

Is 5G technology available in your country? Why not test it? (。•̀ᴗ-)✧
Terminal
Solo Developer
(01-13-2020, 11:10 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: I'm confused about 3G which has a speed of 100 Mbps or more, because I haven't heard it in a lifetime!
So after HR explained the 3.9G technology I came to believe at this speed! ¯ \ _ (ツ) _ / ¯

Is 5G technology available in your country? Why not test it? (。•̀ᴗ-)✧

5G technology is indeed available here. (Not going to say where I am for privacy reasons) However, as of now, there are very few phones that support it and they’re all android phones!

I personally HATE android phones (please don’t start attacking me, that’s my OWN opinion. You use whatever you want to use, that’s none of my business.) So I don’t see myself wasting money on a 5G android phone which I hate. Specially considering that the 5G coverage isn’t that wide spread. (it is available in my area though).

And even then, I’m still brought with the same issue that’s making me not re-run a new speed test on 4G and posting it here. And that is because my data plan is limited. And I don’t want to waste precious bandwidth on a speed test.
Recently changed my ISP because the previous internet did not provide stable connection which is pretty important for me since I play online games , this one has slightly slower speed but is stable
Up: 500 kbps
Down: 1 Mbps
Ping: 53
Thanks to Host4Fun and Post4VPS for my VPS 1.
(01-15-2020, 09:01 AM)GodLikeGill Wrote: Recently changed my ISP because the previous internet did not provide stable connection which is pretty important for me since I play online games , this one has slightly slower speed but is stable
Up: 500 kbps
Down: 1 Mbps
Ping: 53

Woah those speeds are insanely low! How are you able to obtain a smooth online gameplay experience with just 1Mbps down and 500 Kbps up? Seems quite impossible in my opinion!

Also, if you don’t mind me asking, how much do you pay for your cellular plan? I’m guessing that speeds such as those might be cheap... but I’ve seen countries where they are very expensive! So this sparked my curiosity.
(01-13-2020, 09:58 AM)ikk157 Wrote: I honestly have no clue, this whole naming thing got me completely confused! If I use mobile data now, it says “4G”. However, as far as I can remember, when I did the speed test with the results I posted above, it was indeed displaying “3G”. Unless I might’ve forgotten since it was indeed a while back.

I agree, the speeds don’t seem all that usual for 3G.

I would say that what you've used was a 4G-LTE (if not even a 4G-LTE Advanced) connection. The Upload speed is really that high IMHO.

Ok!.. Back to my own case. While I was rechecking my ISP's LTE bands last weekend, I got my last week's biggest surprise when I've found the following speeds:
Ping:     33 ms
Download: 92.91 Mbps
Upload:   42.83 Mbps

That was a killer!... Never got those numbers before, EVER!... Now, a bit of a background, to get my sense of all this.

My ISP has deployed its FDD (Frequency Division Duplex)'s 4G-LTE service over 2 frequency bands:
> Band 3 (1800 MHz)
my signal strength: -88 dbm.
Current data peak:
Ping:     33 ms
Download: 92.91 Mbps
Upload:   42.83 Mbps

> Band 20 (800 MHz)
my signal strength: -64 dbm.
Current data peak:

The only thing that was holding me off the Wireless broad-band wagon till recently was the absence of the unlimited plan (as I used to have a basic ADSL cnx). Things changed recently and I did get an unlimited plan with a fair-use Clause; both the upload and download speeds are capped to 4 Mbps (this was about the speed I used to have with my ADSL plan) during working hours when the client's bandwidth usage reaches 100 GB. That seemed fair to me.

Now, you're all in the now :-)
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
09-13-2018, 07:58 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting