arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
apt-get update and apt-get upgrade problem
i dont have another vps which can get this storage :c
@AmirGT do you have any solutions for the error except this idea of reinstalling the server?
@youssefbasha IMHO to solve your problem best solution are firstly backup your files and then reinstall the OS of your choice for less time consuming in solving it, though troubleshooting may sharpen your skills in solving issue.
(06-21-2018, 12:28 PM)Vuluts Wrote: @youssefbasha IMHO to solve your problem best solution are firstly backup your files and then reinstall the OS of your choice for less time consuming in solving it, though troubleshooting may sharpen your skills in solving the issue.
I have a problem with the mysql backup :'(
Idk how to backup my MySQL Sad
Creating backups of MySQL databases via the command line is actually quite easy.

You can use tools like MySQLDump: https://www.hivelocity.net/kb/how-to-cre...mand-line/

If the SQL file is big you can compress it with tar and gz easily or even with zip.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
@youssefbasha go to the directory where your website is and then use the following command to backup your database.

mysqldump –u mysql_username –p[password] databasename > dump_file.sql

Ex. mysqldump –u root –prootpassword youssefbasha > backup.sql

This will dump your database "database_name" to "dump_file.sql" file.

To restore your database, grab the backup.sql and insert to your VPS

mysql database_name < database_backup.sql

Ex. mysql youssefbasha < backup.sql
(06-22-2018, 10:21 AM)Vuluts Wrote: @youssefbasha go to the directory where your website is and then use the following command to backup your database.

mysqldump –u mysql_username –p[password] databasename > dump_file.sql

Ex. mysqldump –u root –prootpassword youssefbasha > backup.sql

This will dump your database "database_name" to "dump_file.sql" file.

To restore your database, grab the backup.sql and insert to your VPS

mysql database_name < database_backup.sql

Ex. mysql youssefbasha < backup.sql
This will backup the whole vps mysql? 
Root and password will take anything?
(06-22-2018, 11:40 AM)youssefbasha Wrote: This will backup the whole vps mysql? 
@"Hidden Refuge" provided a link earlier on that is very good.  If you need more explanations you can check out the link below:
https://www.makesurehow.com/Backup-and-R...ntu-Server

It gives you a step by step how to do it plus it explains to you exactly how it works in greater detail.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Sorry not sure I follow, what do you mean? this will only backup your mysql database but not the settings of your mysql

This will only backup the database that you specified in the command parameters. If you have several databases you have to run the command for each of the databases to get a backup of them.

The password for the root user that is asked for is the MySQL root user password and not the VPS root password. Instead of using root you should use the username and password for the databases that you used when you set up your applications with the database. In most cases such as when using control panels and similar you don't even get to know to MySQL root password. And newer MySQL/MariaDB servers actually disallow root login for security reason.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
I want to backup mybb forum db but i forgot the password, can anyone help me? Thanks
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-14-2019, 01:31 PM
Last Post: hamed

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting