arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mineing bitcoin by linux [qusetion]
[Image: 82244565-bitcoin-mining-vector-illustration.jpg]
Hi friends miner. I have a dedicated server for RAM 16 and CPU 8 core temporarily, but I want to use that hardware to extract bitcoin through this dedicated server. I asked in one forum and they said this is possible but bitcoin is not extracted because Linux does not have a graphical environment and only bitcoin can be extracted from its CPU. No problem I just want the hardware of this server to be consumed and not in vain.
If anyone knows anything about this please guide me and I didn't get the right results on google.
In fact, my question is to suggest a software or site that I can extract through that bitcoin with this dedicated server. And if it's possible, besides suggesting a tutorial site, how can I extract bitcoin from that site, but with Linux it can be extracted on that site or not.
Thanks Post4VPS
i guess what they wanted to tell you is nowadays cuda cores or stream processors ( amd) are much better suited for this calculations and mining on cpu is actually not very effective. actually if you calculate all the expenses and return, then you don't profit, you lose on a cpu. that's why they said you need good graphics system. card.

i guess your would do better by contributing your resources to protein folding or seti or some other research organisation that is using distributed computing to crunch huge data. it won't give you money, but you will help humanity a lot

just my thoughts. thanks
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
You are more than several years too late to jump on the Bitcoin train. Mining BTC by CPU is just a huge waste of resources (CPU cycles and power). The results are tiny amounts that won't cover the cost of the mining itself. So you make absolutely NO PROFIT but actually LOSE MORE MONEY. To mine BTC even with a little profit you need powerful GPUs with a lot of raw computing power (AMD). However nowdays the mining complexity is so high that people rather invest into specific miners (ASIC/FPGA) that are made for mining/hash crunching. These are expensive to buy but if you mine you will turnover a lot of profit at some point to cover the costs and still make a bonus.

If you want to waste resources you can mine other crypto currencies that can actually be still properly mined by CPU. Stuff like Monero, Etherium and others. Just search the web for CPU mining crypto currencies. Or as @rudra said contribute the power to something useful. In fact not so long ago, this year, researchers managed to make ground breaking discoveries (I believe in the UK or US) thanks to the computing power that was donated to them by users all over the world through stuff like SETI@home or BOINC.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(10-26-2019, 08:45 AM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: You are more than several years too late to jump on the Bitcoin train. Mining BTC by CPU is just a huge waste of resources (CPU cycles and power). The results are tiny amounts that won't cover the cost of the mining itself. So you make absolutely NO PROFIT but actually LOSE MORE MONEY. To mine BTC even with a little profit you need powerful GPUs with a lot of raw computing power (AMD). However nowdays the mining complexity is so high that people rather invest into specific miners (ASIC/FPGA) that are made for mining/hash crunching. These are expensive to buy but if you mine you will turnover a lot of profit at some point to cover the costs and still make a bonus.

If you want to waste resources you can mine other crypto currencies that can actually be still properly mined by CPU. Stuff like Monero, Etherium and others. Just search the web for CPU mining crypto currencies. Or as @rudra said contribute the power to something useful. In fact not so long ago, this year, researchers managed to make ground breaking discoveries (I believe in the UK or US) thanks to the computing power that was donated to them by users all over the world through stuff like SETI@home or BOINC.

Thank you very much for your comment and my dear friend @rudra
I think you know a lot about this, so I have a few questions for you.
Because I have no information on this topic, if you can, please suggest me a site so I can monero through that site in exchange for wasting my dedicated server hardware.
I heard about monero currency so I choose this one to waste hardware.
If you could give me a suggestion about the site and tell me how I can get it with my dedicated server through that monero site. And my other question is can I extract this currency with Linux?
Thanks Post4VPS
I'm not into mining of any kind of crypto currencies. I don't know anything else about them other than I told you. And I know what I know about them by simply reading about crypto currency and because crypto is a basic part of basically every IT job.

Here seems to be a guide for Monero mining on Linux: https://www.monero.how/tutorial-how-to-mine-monero
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(10-25-2019, 10:41 PM)hamed Wrote:
Hi friends miner. I have a dedicated server for RAM 16 and CPU 8 core temporarily, but I want to use that hardware to extract bitcoin through this dedicated server. I asked in one forum and they said this is possible but bitcoin is not extracted because Linux does not have a graphical environment and only bitcoin can be extracted from its CPU. No problem I just want the hardware of this server to be consumed and not in vain.
If anyone knows anything about this please guide me and I didn't get the right results on google.
In fact, my question is to suggest a software or site that I can extract through that bitcoin with this dedicated server. And if it's possible, besides suggesting a tutorial site, how can I extract bitcoin from that site, but with Linux it can be extracted on that site or not.

I am gonna go ahead and state the obvious as I didn't see you mention that Its self managed, If your dedicated server is not managed by you(i.e. you bought it from a hosting), make sure they allow mining on it, as 90% of the hosts I've seen either don't allow it or have different rates for it, and as soon as you start mining on it, the host will most likely notice it instantly and revoke access to ur server and whatnot, secondly every CPU has a Hash rate for each coin, the better CPU u have the higher hash rate It usually has, you can research that on google using the exact model of your CPU(make sure the cores and threads match the one u find online), and with that hash rate, there are calculators available for every coin that can estimate you the average profit per day(usually a few cents a day)
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
Thanks for the guidance of all friends.
I did this successfully and now get monero through the site below. If anyone has questions about this topic, you can ask me to guide him.
https://monero.hashvault.pro/
Thanks Post4VPS
(10-25-2019, 10:41 PM)hamed Wrote:

Mining bitcoin with that sort of hardware nowadays is completely useless. You won’t get a single cent worth of bitcoin from it.

I highly suggest mining trtl (turtlecoin). You can easily make a decent amount with just the cpu. All you have to do is get xmrig (which is the mining software i find works best) and set it up to mine turtle. If you need further help in this, i’ll be more than happy to help!

Do note that you’ll also need to find a mining pool. Look for one with the least amount of fees.

You’ll also need to create a turtlecoin wallet. But that’s quite self-explanatory.

Good luck, and be sure to update us on your progress Smile
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
you can use mining program that is compiled for linux . there is some of them but if what you have is a cpu and no EXTREMELY powerful asic it is useless and you never gonna make bitcoin from it due to extremely high difficulty rises . altcoin also isnt worth for this time . probably need to wait for ethereum like coin that can make gpu shortage again
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
I believe that there are better ways to earn money than mining bitcoin or monero.

But if you still insist on mining, you may consider to join a multi-pool, which can automatically switch to mine the most profitable coin from time to time.

Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
06-30-2020, 10:08 AM
Last Post: tryp4vps

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting