arrow_upward

Lack of quality content, member contributions and interest (state of the community)
(06-10-2019, 04:55 PM)Littlemaster Wrote: 2. More restrictions will result in less activities.
3. This is not an expert forum only of webmasters(most expert webmasters will have their own business), but also it attracts students and new developers. Newbies may not post tutorials or technical things, if only VPS matters allowed or counted they will not be able to get started.
These are excellent points @Littlemaster.  I've forgotten how it was when I joined post4vps.com in March 2018.  I enjoyed posting at post4vps.com in comparison with freevps.us, because of the much looser restrictions here.  I felt much more relaxed than at freevps.us where I felt the restrictions and overeager mods to implement them were killing posts and the effort to write them.  When one feels relaxed, one normally is much less self aware and the writing comes much easier.

I also agree with you that the people we want to get to join the Forum aren't on the level of Webmaster - the VPSs and quality of VPS aren't necessarily of a high-end level that justifies high-end posts.  I've forgotten about that too.  Good that you brought this to the discussion table.

Having said that though, there are members who sometimes post much lower quality than we know they can.  I'm talking about those who are making 20 posts per month and are pushing them to the end of the month.  Then make one-liners that don't make a contribution to the topics. I think most of us are worried about posts of that quality - i.e. the person can write better.  And we do appreciate those who aren't as good at posting, but still try their best to present their thoughts as best as they can.  Real effort at any level of writing is always appreciated in a Forum.  

The lack of quantity and quality of posts is not limited to post4vps.com though.  I've seen it at other Forums too.  Not sure whether the advent of Facebook and whatsapp has led to people getting more and more lazy with their writing, and preferring to write a few words with strange spelling and grammar, rather than thoroughly thought through writing.  For me it's sad of course as I love well written posts and it gives me so much pleasure when I find someone taking the trouble to write a good post and one can see that the author must have spent a long time with it, self-editing his words and presenting it so every one can follow his thoughts - such as we find from Hidden Refuge for example.   It would be terrible for me if the art of writing good posts will disappear completely.  It worries me too.  Not sure how one can solve it though.

Maybe @Littlemaster could introduce his students to post4vps?  Would it help if we talked to teachers and bring more students to post4vps?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
reply - by deanhills - 06-11-2019, 08:07 AM
Lack of quality posts - by deanhills - 09-15-2019, 12:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting