arrow_upward

Poll: Desktop/Laptop or Smart Phone? What do you prefer for Forum and Discord?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I use Desktop/Laptop most of the time.
45.00%
I use my Smart Phone most of the time.
30.00%
I have no preference - whatever device is available
25.00%
Total
20 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desktop/Laptop or Smart Phone? What do you prefer for Forum and Discord?
I love my Desktop setup at home.  It's where I live for a good part of the day.  It's got everything there.  A nice Altec speaker system that has beautiful sound (it comes with a woofer).  Got a printer on the right hand side.  Lighting is perfect.  I have a keyboard tray - so everything is ergonomic too.  And a good chair.  Can't get better than that.

HOWEVER!

I've noticed I'm getting in the minority with my desktop preference when I get to the Forum and to places like Discord.  And this makes me curious.  Who prefers desktop and who prefers smart phone? How much of in a minority am I?

I really got a Discord headache today.  Like what I did was to start in Desktop mode - then it didn't want me to sign in.  Then I changed to app - and somewhere with its firewalls Discord login decided I was trying to sign in with a different device.  BuT Discord got me to first do a detailed captcha - photos were barely legible so I had to do it more than once - painfully.  Then by the end of captcha Discord - after all of that trouble - decided I have to verify my e-mail address first AGAIN.  And then finally I had to sign in again.  And I was in.  

So my painful experience with Discord got me wondering about who still uses desktops.   Are there still people like me who enjoy the convenience of their desktops - and how much in the minority are they these days?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
Desktop/Laptop or Smart Phone? What do you prefer for Forum and Discord? - by deanhills - 01-07-2019, 11:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-24-2020, 10:20 AM
Last Post: tryp4vps

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting