arrow_upward

Poll: Desktop/Laptop or Smart Phone? What do you prefer for Forum and Discord?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I use Desktop/Laptop most of the time.
45.00%
I use my Smart Phone most of the time.
30.00%
I have no preference - whatever device is available
25.00%
Total
20 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desktop/Laptop or Smart Phone? What do you prefer for Forum and Discord?
(01-08-2019, 10:53 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: The e-mail verification for Discord desktop will not be required after you enable 2FA.

That works for me. I have 2FA enabled on Discord and it has not asked me verifying my e-mail again since then.
Ignis said the same when I mentioned it in a freevps Discord discussion with him.  Google is doing that too.  Trying to get everyone to use their phones with 2FA and very easy to block those who aren't or push them through needless captcha hoops or e-mail verifications.  Irony is that 2FA has proven to be not that much more "secure" - just a popular way of doing it for maybe a mm additional security.  Can't remember the end of the discussion on this topic at freevps discord but someone in the same discussion came up with another suggestion, also around the same lines but more secure than 2FA.

But yes, for now 2FA helps one avoid captchas and being blocked easily. Security against security admin setup more than security against hackers. Confused
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Desktop/Laptop or Smart Phone? What do you prefer for Forum and Discord? - by deanhills - 01-08-2019, 11:07 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-24-2020, 10:20 AM
Last Post: tryp4vps

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting