arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review of GDevelop Open Source Game Engine
(10-18-2020, 04:49 AM)tiwil Wrote: It's a very cool engine! I haven't tried it yet but I think the UX is not too good considering the placement and naming of each field (or because I'm newbie and have no idea what inside, maybe? Tongue).

GDevelop is very easy for newbies. Seriously, if I can work with it, anyone can. And it's free and open source, so no worries about licensing down the road. All you have to lose is ~130mb of disc space to try it.

It's worth noting that toolboxes are dockable so you can add/remove/resize/relocate as desired.

As far as the naming of each field, there is some support for localization. The French forums are fairly busy, and the Japanese is active too. I've seen discussions about the Russian translation. If your preferred language doesn't have a good translation I'm sure they would welcome anyone's help who wanted to contribute.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Review of GDevelop Open Source Game Engine - by fitkoh - 10-18-2020, 08:57 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-31-2019, 11:53 AM
Last Post: KingDon
10-14-2016, 11:59 AM
Last Post: maroon93

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting