arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proper use of forum rules. My appeal to the community.
You did good @arsalahmed786. No worries. Bottom line, it's alerted us to the potential of how easy phishing has become without even phishing. Scary in fact.

Thanks to @TrK for the tip about Firefox. However, I was unable to find IDN_show_punycode. Closest I got was network.IDN_show_punycode. I guess this is the one I should make true then?

When I search the about.config on punycode it also comes up with:
network.standard-url.punycode-host which is set to default "true".

Just want to make sure I did the right thing. I only changed the network.IDN_show_punycode to "true" - so both the above to do with punycode is true.

Follow up:  I changed it back after I read the Mozilla Firefox KB article about it:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.IDN_show_punycode

Looks as though Mozilla Firefox has taken care of the problem in its "false" (default) toggle:
Quote:Even if this preference is false, only top-level domain that are whitelisted will be displayed in Unicode.

This makes me feel a little better.

Must say this warning in this thread really "spooked" me. Particularly when my Bank seems to be a target and even warning me in its literature. So I guess I should only use Mozilla Firefox when I do my banking?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proper use of forum rules. My appeal to the community. - by deanhills - 11-28-2018, 10:15 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting