arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proper use of forum rules. My appeal to the community.
(11-29-2018, 04:06 AM)Kururin Wrote: I mean can the the phisers really clone the site in a way to make us fall for them? I can easily recognize if its a false site or not just by looking at the ssl certificate that gives everything away before any real damage done (including clicking the URL)

the point is you get conned when you are least expecting to get conned. that is usually what happens most of the time. they infect someone who has your contact and next thing they do is mail you or text you from their account that is so familiar to you with a link. even a moment of not paying total attention might cost you a lot. mind you, that was just one example. they have social engineering , trojans, phishing sites, botnets...all the bad things working against you.

do you know about the psychology experiments where there are two teams in your field of view. black n white ( t-shirt colour). Each team has one ball. they are passing their balls within their respective teams. Now you are asked to count the number of passes by one of the team, say white team.
after the experiment is over , you give your count. it is right and you are proud about it. Also feeling somewhat relieved and slightly silly. Trying to  make up your mind on whether to feel pity for the experimenters who went through all that just for THIS. Now comes the bomb...

DID YOU NOTICE THE DANCING BLACK BEAR THAT WENT FROM ONE SIDE OF YOUR FIELD OF VIEW TO THE OTHER ?

you go like ..WTF !! ask them to replay the recording. yes, there it is...

thats usually how phishing hits the knowledgeable people most of the time ( people who didnt know better are much easier to hit by it and they often get hit. but i am talking about the tech savvy guy that you are. ).

Dont underestimate their power !
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proper use of forum rules. My appeal to the community. - by rudra - 11-29-2018, 04:50 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting