arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proper use of forum rules. My appeal to the community.
@rudra  When I was paying my rental today online I was thinking of this thread.  How would I be able to identify the correct link for my bank?  Now I've learned so far that if I use Firefox that Firefox will only allow the top link when it is white listed.  It won't allow any other link.  I always look out for the https of course, but then as you mentioned, someone could just wangle the link so it looks the same.  I try to be alert to the way the name is spelt, and also other parts of the process, i.e. I get a SMS with every step, including the login.  Last month the SMSs were back to front, so I phoned the fraud department and they said that was regular.  

The Bank has a few hurdles as well before I get to my account.  There are two logins and they work with a special encrypted alphabet.  

Still, two weekends ago I read someone getting hacked regardless.  Somehow if one's account gets targetted, whoever is targetting it specifically may have tools to get past the login?  Worst part is that the Bank didn't help that person.  This particular Bank quite easily puts the blame on the client for taking the responsibility of an account being hacked.  Not only are Banks forcing their clients to go online and do internet banking (otherwise charging them a premium to do their business at a branch), but they're also making them responsible for whatever goes wrong.  I don't think I've ever felt as insecure with doing my banking as I feel right now.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proper use of forum rules. My appeal to the community. - by deanhills - 11-29-2018, 11:35 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting