arrow_upward

Lack of quality content, member contributions and interest (state of the community)
The suggestion to improve or rather rethink the advertising rules for providers that post their paid offers isn't what I meant with new ideas and suggestions. I mean a lot more than that. Things to keep the forum fresh and lively. While the rules for advertising are necessary the will certainly harm the forum more at the beginning than being helpful (because they will most likely drive away advertisers that are looking for a quick way to advertise thus leading to a much lower number of adverts). By saying that I don't mean that the suggestion is bad! It is necessary indeed to keep the forum clean. I myself have reported so many providers and advertisers to staff already in the last days and in the past.

Well, contribution... Of course this forum is supposed to be more than just providing help. That's what I mean. The very new and recent things are the literally mostly only support cases. Which is great, too. I mean after all we can help someone with their issues and possibly resolve it. If that is all we do though... Well, don't even know what to say. I believe the site deserves more than just that, right?

While the statement "look at yourself and see what you can do to improve things" is generally true the fact that you should act as a good member and look out for others shouldn't be forgotten. That's a little issue that I've seen with some members. I always give my best and look how and where I can help out even if that means people may think of me "he's a smarta**" or something similar. And I'm just a human, too. Not every attempt to help or provide information always works out.

A note regarding a few more things: support and help is an important subject on this site, especially with the VPSs. I find it very sad how people cheap out on providing information about their issue. Every time I have to ask for basics like the OS because it matters. Setting up something on Debian / Ubuntu is not always the same as setting it up on CentOS or other Linux distributions.

About that though I can tell a story. Even with guidelines... people simply ignored them and provided barely any information other than the problem description. Even in real life in the company I work this is often so. However we at least know with what kind of systems and software our employees work. Server market is way more stressful if you have people that simply say "this or that isn't working on my server and I get this error".

Anyway...
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lack of quality content, member contributions and interest - by Mashiro - 06-07-2019, 01:21 PM
reply - by deanhills - 06-11-2019, 08:07 AM
Lack of quality posts - by deanhills - 09-15-2019, 12:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting