arrow_upward

Lack of quality content, member contributions and interest (state of the community)
(06-18-2019, 08:05 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Those inactive members would not come out of no where and had still contributed to this forum in the past.

I would doubt if their past contributions should be of less valuable than the contributions from the recently-active members with smaller score.

For me, contributions are contributions. It is all about fairness.

In fact, there were quite some good members who are inactive right now. I would rather see them coming back, and do not want additional rules discouraging them to do so.

But it need to be balanced. Just because some people were highly active in past the whole forum can't live in past. Forums survive on present. No matter how great or how active a forum is in past it doesn't matter if its an grave yard on present. So we need to give some sort of boost for present active members. Regardless they are new members or old members. As a post to host forum most past members had rewarded for their contribution by having best servers of their time. Posts are like a rent we pay instead of money. So anyone who has been absent come back and do bit of posting and then request for a server. or just get a vps which usually left out in give ways till the person have enough posts again.

I think it's quite fair for everyone. Even for me. I have about 3k credits. I vanish from here and then appear just when great high end vps add to the forum, a server all present members want. If I comes out of no where after several months and claim it would look bad.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Messages In This Thread
reply - by deanhills - 06-11-2019, 08:07 AM
RE: Lack of quality content, member contributions and interest (state of the community) - by xdude - 06-26-2019, 03:38 AM
Lack of quality posts - by deanhills - 09-15-2019, 12:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting