arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does any one know this domain registrar - porkbun?
(08-29-2019, 12:45 AM)LightDestory Wrote: Are there registrar ranking? I didn't know!
Are they ranked based on costs or services?

It is strange because I have never see any ads about this registrar, searching on google "domains registrar" porkbun isn't indexed but according to who discovered it, it is on top ranks. Really strange.
But well, I think I will give a try as soon as I will need a new domain.

@deanhills are you sure that Namecheap is still save? The article about FreeDNS problem that you linked was written on 2016 but there are also more "recent" report about dangerous redirect of traffic.

Good point and "no" I'm not sure Namecheap is safe any longer.  I think it's very easy for rogue domains to use IPs for their name servers that don't belong to them.  I wonder which Registrar is safe however?  Like I think the name server issue is a weak link with domain registration.  It should be made more strict.

I think in Italy they already have a system where the Domain Registrars need verification of two IPs before they will allow you to add name servers to your domain.  The name servers have to be two unique IP name servers.  So possibly they're ahead of the rest of the world on working with this problem. I'm not an expert though, this is just experience I got at another Forum.  I'm not sure what the verdict is about Cloudflare name servers by Italian registrars and whether they're accepted for name servers for domains. I suspect they will not be accepted, as there has to be a tie up between the name server IPs and the URL of the domain. If I read the rules correctly.

Quote:Nameservers for a .IT domain must be correctly configured before the registration request succeeds, otherwise registration will fail. Please check that the following requirements are met:

There must be at least 2 authoritative nameservers for the domain name, and they must correspond exactly to those found in the registration of the domain name
The IP addresses of hosts in the registration of the domain name must correspond to those actually associated with them in the DNS
The domain name cannot be associated with a CNAME record
The name of the nameserver specified in the SOA record for the domain name cannot be a CNAME
The names of the authoritative nameservers for the domain name cannot be CNAMEs
If there is an MX registration it cannot be associated with a CNAME
All hosts in the registration must be authoritative for the domain name registered

For more detailed information on .it domains, see https://ca.godaddy.com/help/about-it-domains-5358.
https://ca.godaddy.com/help/nameserver-r...ains-20229
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does any one know this domain registrar - porkbun? - by deanhills - 08-29-2019, 01:15 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting