arrow_upward

Suggestion for an Internet and Web development Sections
(12-21-2019, 02:17 PM)fChk Wrote: ..... As an anecdote. When I posted the 'Heads-Up: Firefox rolling DNS-over-HTTPS (DoH)' thread, it was in the 'General' forum (because I didn't find an Internet or Web technologies section). @Dynamo then moved it to the Software forum. For me the central issue of the thread is the new standard (ie DoH), which happens to be implemented by Firefox in the OP; but for @Dynamo it was the browser (ie the software.) Granted that a software forum is better suited than a General forum... but it reveals the issue I'm facing. The same thing happened with my Going Dark 2.0 thread (posted in the General Forum.) In the absence of an Internet Technologies section, the General forum is (to me) the default for this kind of topics.

And indeed, there are a lot of threads scattered around various forums that should have required the creation of this section; from the top of my head, right now, the Crypto-currencies threads: that's a P2P Internet technology for example.

So I believe a new subforum called "Web technologies" should be good enough for your purposes.

And then the current subforum "Web Design" can be kept unchanged.

I would also agree that we should consider a new subforum called "Cryptocurrencies", as there is a general demand for that specific topic.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-31-2020, 11:08 PM
Last Post: deanhills
04-07-2019, 10:35 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting