arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally?
(04-06-2021, 10:20 PM)deanhills Wrote: Yesterday I noticed in an Emirates Airline e-mail advertorial that they welcome passengers who have been vaccinated.  I wonder how long it's going to be for this to become a requirement of travel in addition to being tested.

Last night I was reading through the complicated details of trying to enter Canada.  Is it true that US citizens are screened - like only those eligible may enter Canada? I can just imagine them muttering under their breath, who wants to visit Canada any way - are they nuts?

For all air travellers (who are eligible to enter Canada), including residents and citizens, we will have to book and pay for a Government authorized hotel room for 3 nights BEFORE we depart for Canada.  In addition to getting a negative Covid 19 test result (test has to meet strict Canada guidelines).  We also have to register for a Canada App and complete all the details including submitting all of the required documentation before we commence travel.  

All of the Covid 19 Government authorized hotels are apparently within close distance of the International Airports in Canada.  You get tested, and then have to immediately go to the hotel, and stay in the room for three days or until the test result has been received.  The hotel provides you with 3 meals a day for the three days or until you have received your positive test result.  All of it at your own cost. You're not allowed to leave the room during all of that time - the meals are delivered to your room.  There are officials in the Government authorized hotels who check that people don't leave their rooms.  WOW!  Then that is not where it ends.  You have to go into voluntary self-quarantine for a further 14 days and of course provide all of the details in an app. And you may be called or visited by a Government official to check you're doing what you're supposed to be doing:

Yeaks! Who wants to visit a country and go through all of this? It's too much hard work amd tpo much "personal invasion" of Government. Guess tourism has been killed.  Also, I wonder once they have a record of all of your intimate details through the app and monitoring your stay with the app - what happens with those personal records.  I wonder whether the info ever gets deleted at some time and how they are going to use it for their stats.  Like what protection does visitors have against the storage of their personal information? At what point does it get deleted?

Also note. The above has been legislated and can lead to incarceration or penalties up to 1-million Cdn$ subject to the charge.  Here's a paragraph about the penalties you may face if you break any of the Canada quarantine laws:

Source: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel...quarantine

And to top it of course I'm in South Africa.  And South Africans or any traveller from South Africa are more or less blocked from most countries because they're worried about a new variant of Covid 19 - thanks to England.  Even when you have a negative Covid result you have to stay 14 days in a country that is "ok" before you can fly to those countries who are worried about the variant. This is what it looks like - 120 countries won't allow travellers from South Africa to enter:
https://businesstech.co.za/news/lifestyl...nt-travel/

Yes correct, both Canada and Mexico are baring travelers from the US unless they quarantine for 14 days and have a negative test. I honestly do not blame them, folks here are wildly reckless.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally? - by tbelldesignco - 04-07-2021, 03:13 AM
RE: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UK Variant - by sagher - 01-18-2021, 05:43 AM
RE: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UK Variant - by tiwil - 01-18-2021, 09:45 AM
RE: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UK Variant - by fChk - 01-19-2021, 06:12 AM
RE: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UK Variant - by tiwil - 01-19-2021, 09:45 AM
Do you need a vaccine? - by pqhosting - 07-06-2021, 11:57 AM
RE: Do you need a vaccine? - by tbelldesignco - 07-06-2021, 01:28 PM
RE: Do you need a vaccine? - by sagher - 07-07-2021, 05:25 AM
RE: Do you need a vaccine? - by tryp4vps - 07-07-2021, 10:24 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-22-2021, 06:17 AM
Last Post: fChk

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting