arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step by step tutorial for installing a WP site from Debian 10+Nginx without a panel?
(05-18-2021, 02:51 AM)tbelldesignco Wrote: Hey Dean! I was doing a little bit of research on this, as I don't have the largest familiarity with NGINX, but I found a tutorial that may be able to help you. What stood out to me with this guide is the author focused on permissions and PHP as you've stated has been an issue for you. Hopefully this helps and I can help to diagnose PHP and Wordpress further with you if this does not yield any additional results!

https://www.rosehosting.com/blog/how-to-...debian-10/

The above tutorial of rosehosting was one of the tutorials I followed that didn't work out in the end.  I got a 404 error page.  

I'm sure it's a great tutorial, but possibly there are steps missed involving setup that is taken for granted.

Yesterday I was searching through YouTube and spot checking, and there was one tutorial through which I discovered there is a default Virtual Host .conf folder in Nginx that needs to be unlinked first otherwise nginx will continue to use it - from what I understand it may override other .conf files.   You can check it at the 5.09 minute start of discussion about Nginx configuration files below.  Roses doesn't mention anything about this.  I need to go through it in much greater detail and this will be my next step over the following weekend.

I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually.

@mzltest Thanks very much for your steps. I'll check them out over the weekend. Cheers.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
11-27-2020, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Rehan
02-23-2020, 05:34 PM
Last Post: deanhills
02-13-2020, 09:50 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting