arrow_upward

Affiliate Links
@Dynamo, per the request of @deanhills I am starting a thread to get some clarification on Affiliate links. I am working on a tutorial for eCommerce and Wordpress and one thing I was going to touch on is drop printing and shipping options. I have an affiliate link with a company and can provide the information via PM to avoid an infraction by posting the company's information on the forum until we have a discussion. If it is decided that affiliate linking of any nature is prohibited, I can rework this section of the tutorial to just talk about the options as a whole and will communicate this section with the Admins and Mods just to make sure that everything is on the up and up.

Thank you for your time!
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
Well I think it's pretty clear that affiliate links are allowed to be posted but you should also post the non-affiliate link too. Check forum rules (https://post4vps.com/Announcement-Forum-Rules) number 17.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(01-13-2021, 12:31 PM)tiwil Wrote: Well I think it's pretty clear that affiliate links are allowed to be posted but you should also post the non-affiliate link too. Check forum rules (https://post4vps.com/Announcement-Forum-Rules) number 17.

Yeah, but with @perry's mention of it being an item that use to be a point of warning or infraction I wanted to make sure that everything was being done by the book.
(01-13-2021, 02:53 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: Yeah, but with @perry's mention of it being an item that use to be a point of warning or infraction I wanted to make sure that everything was being done by the book.

Hi @tbelldesignco I'm glad you've asked for clarification. I've asked for clarification of this rule too. As for me Rule 17 isn't very clear.

First of all, one is allowed so few characters in one's signature any way, there are barely enough characters to post a link to the sponsor and to post4vps at the same time as per the requirements of the VPS Plans. So I can't see how any person would be able to post links to both affiliate and non-affiliate and at the same time make it understood that it is an affiliate link.

I'd like the wording of the rule to be expanded to show EXACT examples of how it should be used, i.e. an example of an affiliate and non-affiliate link used together. And exactly where they are posted.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(01-15-2021, 08:42 AM)deanhills Wrote: Hi @tbelldesignco  I'm glad you've asked for clarification. I've asked for clarification of this rule too.  As for me Rule 17 isn't very clear.  

First of all, one is allowed so few characters in one's signature any way, there are barely enough characters to post a link to the sponsor and to post4vps at the same time as per the requirements of the VPS Plans.  So I can't see how any person would be able to post links to both affiliate and non-affiliate and at the same time make it understood that it is an affiliate link.

I'd like the wording of the rule to be expanded to show EXACT examples of how it should be used, i.e. an example of an affiliate and non-affiliate link used together.  And exactly where they are posted.

Yes! I was going to plug my affiliate link in my eCommerce post, but for now I ended up not including any links until we get a little more clarification.
(01-15-2021, 02:34 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: Yes! I was going to plug my affiliate link in my eCommerce post, but for now I ended up not including any links until we get a little more clarification.
Hi @tbelldesignco  Apologies about the delays, confusion and run arounds .... I think there has been a confusion about what the Rule 17 affiliate links are.  The Rule 17 affiliate links are forum affiliate links, not the affiliate links you were referring to.

Can you go ahead and plug the affiliate link that you referred to above.  And then let us know in this discussion and show this as an example to @Dynamo.

Here is what the Rule 17 links are:  
Dynamo Wrote:The rule is only valid for posts, not signatures or any other place.

Example of an Affiliate link would be: https://post4vps.com/member.php?action=r...referrer=1

And non affiliate link would be: https://post4vps.com/member.php?action=register

So if you could go ahead and plug in your affiliate link in the eCommerce post, and respond to this discussion with a link to that post this will be much appreciated.
Terminal
@deanhills, I have updated the post and included the affiliate and non affiliate links along with an FTC statement about the affiliate link. You can view that change on my post here: https://post4vps.com/Thread-eCommerce-wi...5#pid39995
Thanks @tbelldesignco For me it looks like a great service if one is serious about making money. I'll run it by @Dynamo to hear what he says.
Terminal
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-10-2016, 06:16 AM
Last Post: Dynamo

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting