arrow_upward

Discord Channel
(04-06-2018, 05:11 PM)Vuluts Wrote: it was not about to dicussing downtimes and there are two downtime forum downtime and the HOST downtime the two are different....... when theres a downtime we still have communications from ADMINS to MEMBER and MEMBERS to MEMBERS.....

From admins point of view, there is no much difference between forum downtime and host downtime. They still need to focus on fixing the forum itself, or moving the forum to a new host.

There already have proper channels for communications from ADMINS to MEMBERS during downtimes. Extra channels will just add unnecessary workloads for admins during their difficult times.

And I do not know why admins should endorse a new channel for MEMBERS to MEMBERS communications off this website. It just doesn't make sense to do so.

I have never heard of Discord channel.
Is it something like as Twitch?

For service downtime and special news I think the best platform is the Twitter.
Is this a fake site? https://twitter.com/post4vpsforum
I prefer to use discord because the server can set its channel for announcement / chat / rules / role

I recommend discord as a backup medium for web announcement if web down time!

All is on the admin side
Terminal
Solo Developer
Discord is advanced in terms of communication, It has some cool features like BOTs/Seperated Boards/Private Staff Rooms..ETC

I support this.
just after a decision.

I'm releasing an unofficial discord server:
https://discord.gg/wS8T69z

remember.
this managed by me.
and we don't count any replies there.
if discord takes over this forum I will need to close it.
(04-28-2018, 11:40 AM)perryoo11 Wrote: just after a decision.

remember.
this managed by me.
I think, most people requested it.. because.. it's more simply to chat in there... but i know... the risk of it for forums...

@perryoo11 What are the chances that Discord will take over the Forum?  Why I ask is that the Staff of FreeVPS set up a Discord Forum for when FreeVPS will no longer be available for posting.  I may try out your Forum, but have no intention to follow the Staff of FreeVPS to another Forum.  Besides which Monad (Hidden Refuge) doesn't seem to like it as much when he tried it.  So if on top of that there is a chance the Forum will be taken over by Discord, doesn't look as though the chances of its survival is that great.

At any rate, I'm curious how it works so may try it out when I have some more time.

OK tried it out. It works OK - but is a new experience. Had to search where I had to log out and could only find that in the settings.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

remember.
this managed by me.

last time...
i think dynamo said we don't need discord chan.. so they won't make it official anyway..
i'm there thnx for invite link Smile

Thanks to @Post4VPS & @Racknerd for Providing thier : VPS 2

Discord is more like a type of community, whereas this website is also a community. In Discord sections are created for categories like gaming, gallery etc which are also done on forums, so pretty useless, and any extra thing won't be included in forum.
(05-12-2018, 09:50 PM)Lampard Wrote: Discord is more like a type of community, whereas this website is also a community. In Discord sections are created for categories like gaming, gallery etc which are also done on forums, so pretty useless, and any extra thing won't be included in forum.

Mhm, it's pretty good if you want to get some extra help but with "chat typing" style. I mean, short sentences. Because in the forum, we can't do that. And also, if I want to chit-chat, I don't need to open browser and select P4V, I just need to open Discord and select P4V channel.

But for right now, it seems our Discord channel doesn't really useful XD.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
02-10-2019, 05:31 AM
Last Post: deanhills
02-05-2018, 03:37 PM
Last Post: perry
09-11-2017, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Dynamo

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting