arrow_upward

Pages (4):
[Event Suggestion] Monthly contest
(05-21-2019, 12:24 AM)rudra Wrote: 2nd VPS as a prize is not good. But I don't understand whats wrong with a prize of reduced post requirement for the following month.
Say 5 posts less or something. 2 vps is indeed a bad idea.
Now that is an interesting suggestion. Competing for making the most posts in order to get a deduction of a few posts the next month. Like wouldn't it be more rewarding just not to make any additional posts? Tongue
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(05-21-2019, 05:25 AM)deanhills Wrote: Now that is an interesting suggestion. Competing for making the most posts in order to get a deduction of a few posts the next month. Like wouldn't it be more rewarding just not to make any additional posts? Tongue

To be fair, it is still possible that a few members may need it.

I mean when they know they will be very busy next month, they may be willing to make some additional posts this month for keeping their VPS the next month.

But I agree with you that most members will not need to do this.

This seems to be a positive suggestion to improve the activity in the forum, while I doubt considering number of views in mybb system can be manipulated,I feel it need to be verified. I hope this suggestion will go further discussions.

Thank you  Sweet

Though I am sure dean will win most months without even breaking a sweat. Hahaha.
It seems increasing user engagement here is going to be really challenging.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(05-21-2019, 10:12 PM)rudra Wrote: Though I am sure dean will win most months without even breaking a sweat. Hahaha.

Well at Gigarocket, and probably here too if Dynamo is OK with a competition like this, staff were not allowed to compete. Angel
Terminal
(05-21-2019, 10:12 PM)rudra Wrote: Though I am sure dean will win most months without even breaking a sweat. Hahaha.

True, He is most active person in user and staff both ranks, I don't think anyone can beat him but with the events we will get new users and make then engage so it will be great if we host some events i think. All we need to decide the prizes.
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

I gave a considerable amount of time thinking about aome prize that will be substantial enough to go along here in a vps forum. Alas. It proved to be harder than I thought.
I was thinking about a short story writing contest and a poem writing contest. But it seems to be the prizes that is the most difficult to decide upon. Sad
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(05-24-2019, 07:58 AM)rudra Wrote: I gave a considerable amount of time thinking about aome prize that will be substantial enough to go along here in a vps forum. Alas. It proved to be harder than I thought.
I was thinking about a short story writing contest and a poem writing contest. But it seems to be the prizes that is the most difficult to decide upon. Sad
I can't think of many here who would be able to write a short story or poem. I'm personally hopeless at writing prose.

Maybe we should stick with something technical and closer to a VPS like best tutorial, or most informative quality post, or something along those lines.
Terminal
Pages (4):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-31-2020, 11:08 PM
Last Post: deanhills
04-07-2019, 10:35 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting