arrow_upward

[Event Suggestion] Monthly contest
Hopefully @Dynamo will comment here as think we need some guidance from him in this matter.

From my own side, I've had lots of experience at another post4host host with trying to run competitions. I found it not to be very productive with domains as a prize. Like the greatest prize we can offer at post4vps is a VPS. Post4vps forum is already like joining a competition in its own right. So any other competition in addition to our Giveaway should be for posts that have been made in excess of the posts needed for a VPS. It should also be a prize that will be attractive enough for members to want to post for. I found free domains not working at the other Forum. But what can definitely work is to post for a second VPS. Since there is already a case made that not every one should be able to have a second VPS, we can make this a competition for ONE second VPS, that every one gets a chance to compete for. Only posts in excess of the posts made for the first VPS will be considered for the Second VPS and only one VPS (or if Dynamo thinks we could afford more than one) should be "won". There should then be a maintenance for that second VPS say for X number of months. Again, if Dynamo thinks this is a practical option.

Otherwise I don't think there is any other prize at a post4vps forum that could be incentive enough to get people to compete for posts or anything else.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(05-12-2019, 11:49 PM)deanhills Wrote: ...... I think just to get members to make their number of posts every month is already a miracle.

This is... honest. Smile

But I think it is still no harm discussing how we can make any better uses of our credit points or similar.

(05-13-2019, 09:11 PM)deanhills Wrote: .... But what can definitely work is to post for a second VPS. Since there is already a case made that not every one should be able to have a second VPS, we can make this a competition for ONE second VPS, that every one gets a chance to compete for. Only posts in excess of the posts made for the first VPS will be considered for the Second VPS and only one VPS (or if Dynamo thinks we could afford more than one) should be "won". There should then be a maintenance for that second VPS say for X number of months. Again, if Dynamo thinks this is a practical option.

I would agree on it. Guess what is better than one VPS? Two VPSes. Smile

Perhaps it can be made more attractive by allowing more winners for the second VPS. To do this, we may consider to split a big VPS into multiple smaller NAT containers. Because by using NAT, no extra IPv4 addresses are required.

I don't think 2 VPSs per user is a good idea, Like @Dynamo denied it many times and i agree with him. I know the 2nd VPS only for the winner of the contest but then what? he can keep it 2 VPS in the requirement of 1 VPS? or after a month he required double quantity of posts to keep his/her both VPSs active.

It's true we need contest for new users, All we need to decide the prizes for these contests.

Here i'm quoting @Dynamo's post from your thread @deanhills here
(12-02-2018, 11:50 AM)Dynamo Wrote: From my point of view, I guess this is one of the reasons why FreeVPS.us got failed,
Personally I too had to try hard to get a nice VPS from there after loosing my older VPS(when one of there sponsor closed their company) though I was average poster there.
And I personally don't want same to be happened here.

Let's Dynamo decide the prizes for the contest. If anyone of you have suggest, so please.
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

(05-14-2019, 01:06 PM)arsalahmed786 Wrote: I don't think 2 VPSs per user is a good idea, Like @Dynamo denied it many times and i agree with him. I know the 2nd VPS only for the winner of the contest but then what? he can keep it 2 VPS in the requirement of 1 VPS? or after a month he required double quantity of posts to keep his/her both VPSs active.

It's true we need contest for new users, All we need to decide the prizes for these contests.

Here i'm quoting @Dynamo's post from your thread @deanhills here

Let's Dynamo decide the prizes for the contest. If anyone of you have suggest, so please.
That's just the point here Arsal. There isn't a prize that can beat a VPS for making posts. Think of it this way. We are already running a very big regular monthly competition for a pool of prizes - VPSs. So now what better prize can you create for someone to want to post to than the monthly competition we're already running? Like can you beat our Giveaway prizes? As technically our Giveaway is a monthly competition. It's the focus of this Forum. Post4vps. Maybe Dynamo could try domains, but domains didn't work well with freedomain.club. So I guess the only prizes that would work in a post4vps forum is a VPS or a VPS related bonus such as a post holiday. But yes. This is for Dynamo to think over.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
For real, i agree with the domains idea
Idk that there was a site called freedomain.club
@deanhills hmm let's see what dynamo says.

(05-17-2019, 10:14 AM)youssefbasha Wrote: For real, i agree with the domains idea
Idk that there was a site called freedomain.club

freedomain.club is now known as freevps.club owned by @coreyman
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

(05-17-2019, 10:43 AM)arsalahmed786 Wrote: @deanhills hmm let's see what dynamo says.

freedomain.club is now known as freevps.club owned by @coreyman

Hmm
I didn't even see any adv om freevps.club for freedomain.club
This site is still giving free domains?
(05-18-2019, 08:19 AM)youssefbasha Wrote: This site is still giving free domains?

Corey has stopped providing free domains long ago. At this point the site changed to FreeVPS.Club. So free domains are ade.

The forum is quiet and they only have a few VPSs. Rules are lax so VPS holders barely do anything to keep their VPS. Staff doesn't enforce rules or guidelines to keep VPSs.

Corey said he would most likely stop providing VPSs if it continues this way but he would keep the forum online.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(05-14-2019, 01:06 PM)arsalahmed786 Wrote: Here i'm quoting @Dynamo's post from your thread @deanhills here

From what you quoted, Dynamo was mainly worrying that average users will not be able to win a VPS after we allow second VPS for all users.

But if we just split one big VPS into multiple smaller NAT containers, it will not affect much the chance of winning a VPS from normal monthly giveaways.

And the number of allowed second VPSes is also very limited.

2nd VPS as a prize is not good. But I don't understand whats wrong with a prize of reduced post requirement for the following month.
Say 5 posts less or something. 2 vps is indeed a bad idea.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-31-2020, 11:08 PM
Last Post: deanhills
04-07-2019, 10:35 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting