arrow_upward

Forum Stats Not Updated !!
I kind of noticed that ever since the forum downtime last Saturday, the forums stats seems not being updated as they used to. I'm talking specifically about:
> threads Views (not updated any more) and
> Quality Credits (not reset at the end of the day)

And, may be, there are more stuff that I'm not paying attention to that has the same issue.. But the admin should know about!

There must be some script that's not running as scheduled any more that's behind the issues..

Last Saturday, during the downtime, I had a feeling that Post4VPS.com was suffering from a high CPU usage that made the web server timing out resulting in Cloudflare generating 522 Errors. May be it's that script's cron job that's to blame for that...

Anyway, I'm posting this as a heads-up!
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
Most likely the stats need to be recounted and rebuild in the MyBB Admin CP. Secondly it would be a good idea to look at the tasks in the MyBB Admin CP and look for the tasks that are responsible for automatically recounting/rebuilding the stats (are they even enabled? are they running? are there issues with them or errors?).

It's funny how the current MyBB docs don't mention this at all. It's no longer listed as any kind of point in their docs. Only in the old 1.6 docs (EOL). I've not used MyBB for so long... because it's just meh. How many more years do they need for 2.0?

Task Manager docs: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/administration/task-manager/

Be aware though that with a lot of content and forums the process of stats recounting or rebuilding might take long and will impact CPU usage hard. If the web server and PHP processes are setup with low timeout rates they might not even finish and end with a timeout page.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(06-18-2021, 05:21 AM)fChk Wrote: I kind of noticed that ever since the forum downtime last Saturday, the forums stats seems not being updated as they used to. I'm talking specifically about:
> threads Views (not updated any more) and
> Quality Credits (not reset at the end of the day)

And, may be, there are more stuff that I'm not paying attention to that has the same issue.. But the admin should know about!

There must be some script that's not running as scheduled any more that's behind the issues..
It was due to the task manager of Mybb, It was supposed to run via cron/systemd but after the Maintainance, I forgot to enable it back Tongue
Thanks for pointing it out.
Everything should be recounted/rebuild by now.

(06-18-2021, 05:21 AM)fChk Wrote: Last Saturday, during the downtime, I had a feeling that Post4VPS.com was suffering from a high CPU usage that made the web server timing out resulting in Cloudflare generating 522 Errors. May be it's that script's cron job that's to blame for that...
The downtime was due to the Host's IP change, and after which I was performing maintenance.
If anyone sees further issues related to this, then you can let us know.
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

(06-18-2021, 10:32 AM)Dynamo Wrote: The downtime was due to the Host's IP change, and after which I was performing maintenance.

Okay!.. So the downtime wasn't unexpected then. I guess that it would have been better if you've issued a notification for the scheduled downtime for all of us to be in the know.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(06-19-2021, 04:24 AM)fChk Wrote: Okay!.. So the downtime wasn't unexpected then. I guess that it would have been better if you've issued a notification for the scheduled downtime for all of us to be in the know.

Agreed @fChk.  Regardless of stats updates, notification of down time is always important. The down time caught us off guard. We'll try to do better next time.  Tongue

In the meanwhile we'll keep this discussion open in case someone else notices something that could have been missed.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
02-23-2020, 06:54 PM
Last Post: perry
06-14-2019, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Manal
03-19-2018, 07:44 AM
Last Post: perry

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting